Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Phil

bethel is genuinely trying to create a environment for people to develop their minds and christian life-styles.

It has shown me some key problems with the world and ways i can help.

just how bethel is so secluded from the world. how much time college sports was going to take.

Ryan

The most valuable component of my college experience is understanding what it means to be a life-long learner. At my university, the professors emphasized that much of what we were learning in our fields of study was only the beginning. We were encouraged to question traditional beliefs to either change them or understand them more intimately. This process of continual examination ignites the continuation of learning beyond the classroom and facilitates discussion and growth in my particular field of study. Today, I can clearly see how well this mentality is serving me in becoming a better professonial and a better individual. I view learning now as an opportunity to stretch myself beyond my current limitations towards a better understanding of the world around me. With this continual growth and insight, I hope that I will be a positive influence and force in my home, my family, and my community, while maintaining a sense of humility and appreciation of the wonders life has to offer.

Probably the most frustrating aspect of Bethel would be parking. Once you are allowed to park on campus, it can be quite difficult to find a spot at all during the times of 9am to 1pm during the week. If you're fortunate, someone will be leaving the same time you arrive and hopefully you can find a place to park. Several occasions I was late for class due to the lack of parking.

Bethel University is a wonderful institution. However, due to the fact it is a private, Christian institution does mean that there is a decided lack of diversity on campus. The majority of students who attend that college come from upper-middle class to wealthy homes, and are most often Caucasian. This population does not necessarily provide the best opportunities to experience diversity, and in many cases, several individuals will not engage others of a different ethnicity, sexual orientation, or socio-economic class. I believe that this deficiency is extremely detrimental to the college experience.

Denika

As in the previous question, Bethel is different because of how present God is in the students' and faculty members' lives. He is at the forefront of everything, which makes school so much more beneficial and comprehensive. We are all united under the same God, so people are less afraid to be open and honest with each other.

I have learned what it means to genuinely seek out truth in the name of God. I see the world as His beautiful creation, and I want to know more and more about it with each day I spend at Bethel. I have gone so much deeper in my relationship with God and can't imagine my life any different than the way it is now. Coming to Bethel was certainly something God wanted me to do, and I now know why--He brought me to this place to show me a side of Him I had never seen before, a side that provides for an academically-minded person. I have learned how to learn in the name of Christ.

I love to talk about how present the Holy Spirit is on my school's campus. God is moving in wonderful and amazing ways. I also frequently talk about how great it is to have fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to support and uphold me in ways that one simply doesn't find on a non-faith-based campus. I love that I can walk up to someone I barely know and pray with them without any awkwardness or fear. It's wonderful.

Tracy

My college education...hrm, sometimes I forget that I actually have a degree. Currently, it is hard for me to be extatic about my college education because I work as a Barista, getting paid $7.70 an hour. In high school, we were told, "Go to college, that is the answer to your career woes." NOT! Any more, college is just like a high school diploma...manditory to move just "make it" in this economy. Enough negativity though, I did get some benefit out of my college experience . I was able to go to Europe for a semester and that is probably the best memory of my young adult life. As many young people discover, college is a great time to begin finding yourself, analyzing your beliefs and stepping out on your own. It was valuable to attend school because I would not be where I am today with out that education or experience. Although I have my frustrations, college was necessary for my personal growth. Even though I sometimes feel my degree is worthless, I have to remember that it will open doors for me later down the road.

Looking into schools, I was very focused on majoring in music at a Christian college. Now that I am 23 and have had time to reflect I would have done a lot differantl. First, I would have gone to Cosmetology school right out of high school because that is where my true heart's calling lies. Second, I would have picked a less expensive university or community college to attend because I am in debt up to my eyeballs. Third, I would have picked a state school in order to take advantage of state funding and cheaper tuitions.

In my opinion, Bethel is a good security school. If you are looking for a college that will offer protection for your Christian beliefs, then this is it. I always enjoyed how safe I felt at Bethel; it was like its own little enclosed community. As far as my education, I feel honored to have gone to such a prestigious Midwest school. The professors, I feel, truly care about their students and want nothing more than seeing them succeed.

Tim

They are hardworkers who love what they are doing and are will to have fun along the way.

I would assure myself that deciding to do PSEO (Post-Secondary Enrolement Option) was the best choice of my high school career. It made the transition fairly smooth. I have been able to get a full year ahead in my college career. The decision was wise. Despite the hard work, it is very important to find a group of friends (especially when you are commuting). These should be friends that you can trust. Work hard throughout your senior. Do not have a senior slide. Watch out for your calculus II class. It is a lot of work. Overall, stay focused, but remember you are allowed to have some fun along the way.

I was surprised how open the professors are. I had heard they were open, but I did not expect them to be so open. They maintain the balance between being teachers, mentors, and friends masterfully.

Irene

Bethel University is a very welcoming school that portrays it's Christian values both inside the classroom and out.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to stay strong and keep your eyes on the prize. Going into college is a huge step to take and is very intimidating, but it will be completely worth every struggle and every sleepless night you spend studying for a big exam. You will have a lot more reading, homework and responsibilities then you ever had in high school, but it is all a matter of planning and keeping your priorities straight. Always make sure to stay on top of everything and I promise you'll be alright. There may be times where you are going to feel like you don't know if you can do this, but always remember the reason you went to college was to pursue your dream and nothing can stand in the way of that except for yourself.

The worst thing about Bethel University is the food choices on weekends. This is the worst thing about my school because over the weekend a lot of students will go home if they live close by so our food choices are more limited then a typical week day at Bethel.

Aaron

A, safe, small, friendly, focused community.

A, safe, small, friendly, focused community.

I would tell myself to save money. Money is a hugestressor in college. I would say that you need to get on the same page as your parents and have your parents get on the same page. I would tell myself that you are going to be prepared thanks to your highschool education and that you dont keed to worry about a girlfriend because you are going to meet a very nice girl during your sophmore year. There is a chance that you wont be able to finish your sophmore year due to financial complications. Be strong and you'll be fine

People who are focused and know what they want to do with their lives and want to succeed

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college, I would tell myself something no one else had bothered to tell me. Something that I could have really benefited from. I would tell myself that the first semester of college will be hard, not necesarily because of the work load but because true friendships don't form over night, they take time. I would tell myself this because no one told me how hard ajusting to being on your own would be. All I ever heard people say was how great college was and how they made so many friends. However they all failed to mention how alone you can feel at times. Living on my own meant that I no longer had my support system, my family to go home to everynight. I was actually on my own. However I would also tell myself that it doesn't stay that way. But because I wasn't prepared for the, at times, overwhelming loneliness, it seemed as if it would never end. I would tell myself to be strong through these times, and pray. That eventually true friends will come.

Someone who shouldn't attend this school is someone who wants to sit and play games on their laptops in a large lecture. Many of the proffesors at Bethel don't allow laptops as not to distract other students, and the ones who do usually hace small enough classes where one could not get away with playing games. Bethel is also not a place for someone who doesn't want to grow and just wants to slip through college unoticed, not to gain life experience and friendships but just to get a degree.

Bethel is a warm , loving community. This school is perfect for someone who wants a small close knit community because living in the dorms at Bethel is like having a second family. This school is also great for someone who wants to grow in their faith. It provides optional chapel three times a week and vespers, a worship service, sunday nights. SInce the class sizes are generally small, this school helps students have a relationships with their professors. This school really makes someone feel like more than just a face in the crowd it makes them feel known.

Isaac

I want to be a teacher when I graduate, and my school offers some great opportunities in that field: a great reputation with secondary and elementary schools, highly qualified and experienced professors, and licensure in a variety of fields directly upon graduation. In education classes, field experience is a big part of learning. During Intro to Education, I was placed in a high school in the surrounding metro area. That was an excellent sign to me that this university places a high value on practical skills, at least in the education major.

Dear Self, Don't forget where you come from and where you're going. In this next year, you're going to get hit with some very hard stuff. It's going to be difficult to keep your head above the water. But remember that you have the potential to be a world-changer. Start finding ways to hold onto courage and strength now! Find music that will revitalize you when the storm comes. Make friends with people who will remind you who you are- how good you are, how great your story can be if you keep your chin up. Don't be afraid to fall in love. Don't be afraid to do something with your life. You will make a name for us. You have the potential to be a hero, if not for a thousand, at least for a few. Know thyself. You come from a childhood of genius. But, as Pablo Picasso said, "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. " No matter what, do not forget where you are going. You have what it takes. Work at it. You'll be great. Love, Your Future Self

The school is connected to the Baptist General Conference. Sponsors and donors make sure that the university sticks with their values, which are often religiously conservative. Religious diversity on campus is extremely limited and spiritual seeking and questioning is pretty hard. I wish there were more options available. I've been trying to figure out what I really believe, and I've often (not always) had to look outside campus to find something I can believe in. On campus, the library is one place where seeking is actually pretty easy.

Allan

Bethel's degree completion program is geared to the life of a busy working adult and takes into consideration that an adult learner has more going on in their life than just school.

High school was 30 years ago for me. As an adult learner I now realize that I should have more fully applied myself to the opportunities that I had then, and immediately post-high school, for college success. I guess the advice that I would have given myself would have been to take advantage of every opportunity that I had to learn what I could and to establish myself in a successful career so that I would not be trying to do that now. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed being an adult learner but I am certain that college life at a younger age would have been many times more enjoyable and fulfilling. In some ways I feel like I have missed out on a lot from those years by not going to college right away.

I have been completely satisfied with my learning experience at Bethel.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.