Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Mathias

Studius, fun to be around, agreeable in attiude and temperment.

Studius, fun to be around, agreeable in attiude and temperment.

I would say to balance out life more by not cramming classes into a semester, be more proactive in seeking out extracurricular activies, and get to know the professors in your department sooner rather than later. Most importantly, keep being yourself!

New student welcome, classes, dorm life, and of course my major!

Casey

It's going to be a lot easier to make the transition than you think and you're going to love it!

Desire of professors for their students to succeed.

Neil

I would advise myself to take as many college level classes in high school as you can. This will not only make it easier to deal with the workload once you get to high school, but will also help very much with the financial part of college. Every class you take that counts for credit at Bethel University will usually save you about $3,000. So it is good to take as many as you possibly can.

Again the cost of tuition. It is very difficult for students, such as myself, who come from families who aren't that well off financially to afford this school. I really like the school and all it stands for, but the cost makes things difficult.

The only thing that really frustrates me about Bethel University is the cost of tuition.

Abby

Dear Abby, College really isn't as different and challenging as your highschool teachers might tell you it is. Of course you have to meet all new people and learn how to get around in a new place and adjust to the different class schedule, but really, it's not something to get all worked up about. No matter where you decide to go, there will be people there who will like you for who you are. No matter where you go, you will eventually find your way to class without getting lost. And no matter where you go, excepting maybe Harvard, you will be able to compete academically. There is one thing though, that I wish you would do differently than I did. Don't let that boy back home hold you back. Make lots of friends and go out and have fun! Have new experiences and enjoy (responsibly) your new freedom. Most of all, be who you want to be. Beginning college gives you the chance to start fresh and change those things about yourself that you might not like. Reach for your dreams, and don't let anyone tell you you can't. Love, Yourself

A strong christian who likes a small community feel and who wants to attend college in a suburban area which is close to the city, yet secluded.

Someone very opposed to the christian faith who would like to attend a large, division one school, and who is very into smoking, drinking, or promiscuous behavior.

Bjorn

My classmates are loving, caring and helpful in any situation I may need them.

My classmates are loving, caring and helpful in any situation I may need them.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself some good advice about making the transition to college. First, I would tell myself to be realistic about the first couple months of college life, because they are incredibly hard. You are adapting to living on your own, keeping up your grades without your parents' encouragement, and realizing that life is not as easy as it seemed in high school. The independence of college can make or break you. Strangely enough, going back to the basics we learned in preschool can help you survive: work hard, be yourself, and remember to take time for recess. By working hard, you can achieve your goals in grades, sports, and activities. By being yourself, you can make real friends who are most like you. By taking time for recess, you can have a balanced and memorable college experience. College is the time when you become the person you'll be for the rest of your life. Make sure you can look in the mirror at the end and love who you see.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the relationships and the guidance that can be formed so easily. Our dorms are close to each other, which makes it perfect for interaction to happen. Also, freshmen are not allowed to have cars, so they can find many other fun things to do during the weekends. I have already formed friendships that I know will last my lifetime. Also, the guidance by the counselors is invaluable. They really listen to you and what you want to do with your life.

A small, close-knit community, focused on creating educated, Chirst-following, well-rounded people that will positively impact our world in future.

Knowing what I know now would have made my transition so much better. I remember being in high school and questioning my decision about attending Bethel. It was the only campus I visited and the only place I applied to. The first thing I would tell myself is that Bethel is the perfect place for me and to not worry. I would also tell myself to not worry about my roommate and all the small things, because they all worked out. I would tell myself not to be scared and to jump into the new lifestyle with both feet. College life, and especially Bethel, is great. It is a great place to learn new things and meet new people. The most important thing I would tell myself is to be confident in all that you do and to trust your heart and God. He knows what lays in store and trust that whatever it is, it will work out to your benefit. Bethel is a great college with many great things to offer, so don't be scared, just dive in and have a blast!

It is a small campus that promotes a feeling of community and family. The class sizes range from 10 to 30, which is really great for getting extra help and for meeting new people. Since the classes are so small, professors take the time to get to know each student and are willing to meet with the students at any time. Emphasis on faith and incorporating Christ in our classes also adds to the community feeling. Everyone cares about each other and it is evident that family, friends, and a great education is at the top of Bethel's list!

Madeline

I would tell myself not to worry. Things work out no matter what. Don't let people pressure you into things. Pick a school based on what you want, not what others want.

You have conversations and debates rather than being attacked for your beliefs.

Tries too hard when it comes to pushing racial diversity.

Karen

My classmates are engaged and focused during the class time. They know what they pay to be here, and majority take class very seriously. They want to get the most out of their education.

You'll do great. Yeah, you'll change majors, but don't worry about it. God has you exactly where He wants you. You'll love your freshman year, and your roommates, too. Don't be afraid to take the steps of faith that God is calling you to. Your sophomore year is going to be a struggle. It'll be your four random roommates, but once again, God still has you where He wants you. You're going to learn what loving someone when it is difficult to love them looks like. You're going to learn firsthand that ministry is messy. But, this is right where God wants you: looking to Him for your source of strength. Don't be afraid to not know the answers to everything in life. You don't need to. Keep indulging this love of learning and learn as much as you can about whatever you can.

Everyone here is so willing to help everyone else. If you need help finding a class room, or with our PO box combination, people are more than willing to help out. We are a community. When something happens to one of us, it affects all of us. We really care and look out for one another.

Garrett

The fact that they place a lot of importance on studying abroad and experiencing another culture. They don't want you to stay here for all 4 years; they would prefer that you take at least one semester to go somewhere new and experience life out of our comfort zones.

I would encourage myself to never hold back. To always make the effort to live life to the fullest, no matter what the cost. I would make sure that I knew fear of failure or rejection are irrational fears and I should not allow any sort of fear to hinder me from striving towards my goals. A general sense of "fear" has held me back from many things the past two years, and I am coming to realize that fear has robbed me of some great opportunities. If given the chance to go back in time, I would let myself know how silly it is to listen to those fears, and I would tell myself to actively live by the old phrase, "what do you have to lose?"

The most frustrating thing is that with being a Christian school, everyone's faith is implied. Everyone assumes that the entire student body is "Christian," and holds the same beliefs and convictions. This is just not the case, and it makes it difficult to radically live out a faith when you're not being challenged to do so.

Allison

Bethel is a small liberal arts school that concentrates on spiritual growth as well as academic learning.

Looking back, the advice I would give myself would be to not stress so much about the transition to college. I was very stressed at the begining of my freshman year because I was so far from home and was extremely worried that I would not make new friends. It is a part of the growing process to seperate oneself from their parents and home. I would tell myself to embrace the oppertunity to spend time being at least partially independant instead of worrying so much. It is a process to make friends and I have made some truely amazing friends so far at school. When I first moved in I was very stressed and afraid that I would spend all four years by myself while everyone else had friends. If I could go back I would reassure myself and remind myself that most people at college are in the same situation and therefore are also looking for new friends. I believe that simply remembering that everyone is in the same situation would have helped me to make a smoother transition and that I would have been much less anxious during the begining of my college experience.

The best thing about Bethel would probably the sense of community. Community is emphasized in so many different aspects of life at Bethel and it creates a very welcoming environment and makes students feel connected to others at this school.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.