Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Katrina

Bethel is a university where you immediately know there is something bigger going on when you walk in the doors; the faculty and students are friendly and excited to be there and you feel a strong sense of community.

They are caring, helpful, and encourage your growth academically and spiritually.

To not be afraid of going to college and the transition it will bring by living away from family and friends that you know so well. You will meet wonder students who will become your best friends and faculty that will encourage you and help you to grow so much as a person inside and out. Be ready to embrace all there is to do and learn at Bethel and strive to be open-minded about the new things happening around you. You will be challenged and you will end up a different person than you were before, but even though it sounds scary and you might want to fight it, trust me when I say that the change and challenge will only make you a beautiful, stronger woman.

Jared

I would say to make sure to make sure to get involved quickly with organizations and find friends as soon as possible. I would also suggest not leaving campus for at least the first month in order to make it feel like home and to establish relationships early. Another area I would tell myself about would be lifestyle, I would emphasize that this is a time to change who you are, a blank slate from highschool. My advice on this would be to make sure that you are becomming who you want to be not who others want you to be. I would also say to study early for classes and not wait until the last minute; but more importantly take classes that interest you and take advantage of oportunities that are offered because they are not as easy to find upon graduation

Someone who is looking for a good education and challanging their faith

Margaret

Bethel is a place to seek out growth, guidance, and community, but it takes more than coming here to live those things out.

Hold on loosely to things. Keep an open mind. Everyone is in the same position as you, so get to know others and love them unconditionally. Seek out the Creator of our world more than anything. As long as you know God, everything else will fall into place. Knowing him will set you free to live a balanced and disciplined lifestyle. Don't expect any of this to be easy, but expect it to end, and get as much out of it as you can. Look at college as a priviledge, and not as something you deserve. Serve others to see your life as a priviledge. Live among the poor. Spend time with people that are seeking the name of the Lord, and people who are seeking and not finding satisfaction. Never be afraid to share the gift of eternal life with anyone. Pray continuously. Meditate regularily. Emerse yourself in the Word of God. Learn all you can about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Learn all you can about the field of study you go into. Study in community so you can learn, and others can benefit.

It is easy to come and think we have it all together and not ask for help along the way.

Laura

Be willing to talk to anyone! Don't get caught up in your comfort zone. The first few weeks at school will help determine some of your closest friends. No need to stress out about not making any friends though, everyone else is in the same boat. Get yourself out there and meet people! Especially boys. You will get extremely tired of only seeing girls, you will live with many other ones. Try not to live too much in the past either. High School was great, but college is a whole new experience. There is so much more freedom and responsibility that comes along with going. You are going to live without your parents, with about 20 other girls very close by. There is not a lot of privacy, so get ready to share your life with these people. College years could be the best of your life. Live it up and learn as much as you can. Not everything you learn from college is in class, a lot of your growing up will happen from being away from mom and having to deal with living on your own. Enjoy it!

The think I like best about Bethel, are the relationships between all of the people here. It's not just a teacher lecturing the students, the staff really care about the students here. All of my professors last semester knew my name and were always willing to help me out whenever I needed them. The students here are also very willing to get to know each other and help everyone out. It's a great community.

The worst thing about my school is the small amount of parking spaces. I would love to have a car here on campus, but it is almost impossible for Freshmen to get a parking space. It would be so great to have a car to get around the Twin Cities, but I am not able to get a spot to park.

This transition is going to be one of the hardest you have ever come up against. Do not lose hope in the fact that home will always be behind you, awaiting your return. Friends and family will look very different in this next year, you will miss people like crazy sometimes and home will never sound sweeter. When selecting a school, look for views that are as closely related to as your own as possible. While attending campus visits, meet some of the kids and ask what they like and don't like about the school. If you ask for the truth, the students will let you know what the fun is about their school and also what has been difficult for them in this drastic transition. Feel out the vibe of the school through the students there and the styles they bring to the campus. You will always be you, find a school that can help you exaggerate your best traits and keep you joyfilled throughout this crazy thing we call college.

The kids here are very sheltered. A lot of them come from mainly private school or homeschooling backgrounds and don't have very good social skills. It sometimes seems like the kids here don't know "what's up" or what is really out there in this life. Most kids just stay in their little sheltered hall and don't go very far from a single friend circle. Another frustrating aspect is that lot of the professors are very biast in many aspects of Christianity and this life in general.

The friendly atmosphere that seems to fill the dorms. It seems like anyone you approach will have some kind of advice to give if you asked for it. The Christian vibe makes me feel at home when talking about my faith and I like how many opportunities there are to serve the community with a positive, Christian message.

Angela

They are the streotype of "Minnesota Nice", a mixture of rural and urban students, most of which were raised in a Christian family, who have a variety of passions and interests.

I would pry into their knowledge of what they want to do in life. Certainly college is a big part of that for many people. Wherever you choose should be where you think you will be happiest. Be sure to look into a variety of schools, and on your visits be sure to ask students what they dislike about their schools as well as their favorite features. Choosing a school with a variety of majors is good (in case you want to switch). Really focus on what their study abroad programs are like. Traveling for study is an eye opening experience unlike anything. Don't stress too much about senior year of high school. College is the best years of your life.

It has the best theatre program of a Christian liberal arts school.

Kendra

When I was in high school I didn't know what to look for in picking a college or university. I based my decision on what felt most comfortable. If I could go back I would tell myself that each school has a different culture and way of learning. When looking for a school I would focus on discovering that culture and base my decision on that knowledge. By discovering the culture of a school you can better prepare yourself for what college life will be like there and what to expect from the academic side of things. The transition would be much easier if I knew these things before I even began my college career at the school I had chosen.

That there is not much diversity within this school.

This school has great community and you'll probably make life long friends here.

Bethel University is best known for its strive to maintain a Christ-honoring institution, the relationships the faculty and staff pursue with the students, and the undeniable community here in the Twin Cities area.

Don't stress out! Once you're accepted into a school of your choice, you become classified as one of hundreds of new freshmen in your same shoes. They are just as nervous as you are to make new friends and adjust to dorm life as smoothly as possible. High school as prepared you just fine for the challenges and new ventures found only at college!

Before coming to Bethel University, I wish I would have known more about my time management skills before thrown into 18 credits worth of homework and studying each night. As a freshman, I've had to grow so much in discovering what my values are and learning to match the priority of those values with how much time I spend on each area.

Desiree'

During my senior year, I thought that it was "party" time. I did my very best through 9th, 10th, and 11th grade so I figured that senior year I could just enjoy myself. I made sure I was at all school events, spent time after school at the mall, and was always the one to procrasinate when it came to school work. I spent time looking at colleges and doing college visits, however, a year after graduating I am not in college and finding myself working hard every day saving money to get there this year. I regret the choices I made senior year and I take full responsibilty for the consequences. If I could go back and talk to myself I would say, "Desiree', instead of going to the mall go to the library and look at scholarships to help you get through school." I would also tell myself to stop being a procrastinator and that if I ever wanted to be successful during and after college that that word would have to be eliminated off my traits list. I know that I could never go back in time, but the past only makes me ready for the future.

Laura

I would have looked into more professions and shadowed people so that I would have had a better idea of what I wanted to do so I wouldn't have to switch my major multiple times and end up going to school for more than 4 years. I also would have chosen a school for me and not have gone to the school where everyone in my family had gone and where I was expected to go. I could have been way more happy and successful if I had gone to one of the other schools I had gotten accepted to. If I could go back, I would have taken the college application and decision process more seriously and would have prayed about it a lot more.

That Bethel emphasizes reconciliation way to much. They make all of us whites feel like it's our fault that our school isn't more diverse and that we need to be more accepting towards others, but we are very accepting.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.