Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Mitchell

If I could go back and talk to my self as a high school senior I would stress the importance of building good habits and seeking help when you need it. It can be a death sentence to your college GPA if you find yourself caught in a rut of bad habits pertaining to school work and studying. It is also very easy to develop these bad habits. In less then a week you can develop a bad habit of not getting out of bed when you need to. I would absolutely stress the importance of living a very deliberate life style. I would also emphasize the importance of seeking help when you need it. There is absolutley no reason why any college student should feel above seeking help from others. All that does is isolate yourself from others and force you to solve the issue blindly.

You should attend this school if you are a Christian or even Jew who wants to grew in your faith and learn in a community that is committed to growing together as believers.

If you do not wish to be exposed to biblical college courses then you should not come to Bethel University.

Nathan

My opinion of Bethel University is of the highest regard. I love the family atmosphere on campus and would recommend it for anyone. The professors are very personable and always willing to take the time outside of class to help you. Like anything in life the resources to succeed are all there one just has to be there best advocate and search those resources out. There are plenty of ways to get involved whether in athletics, clubs, jobs, or in music. The school is not perfect but it is a great school and is willing to be the best it can for each and every student.

Makayla

Wonderful- in major specific classes everyone helps each other out and bonds very quickly.

I would tell myself to branch out a lot more than I did. It's awkward at first and I think I held myself back. I think if you can, push through the awkwardness and meet as many people as you can. There are some really great people to meet so don't hold yourself back. Also, don't stick with just one "group." I found out that "my group" isn't what I am looking for, so i'm glad I found some other people during a summer class. Use your freshman year to meet everyone and as the years go on, you will find who will become your lifelong friends.

The teachers really do care about all of the students. They will do anything they can to make learning as easy as possible and will work with you outside of class if you need it. If you have any other problems they love to be there for you and pray for you. I think the professors actually make the school amazing. It's pricy but they do such a good job taking your education seriously.

I brag about how nice our campus is, and how close everything is on campus. Even if it's -20 degrees outside, my walk to class is always less than 5 minutes, and all of the buildings are connected with indoor walkways.

I would tell my high school self not to worry too much about anything. I would want to know that my high school prepared me well for college, and nothing will be much of a shock. However, be sure to take the easy classes seriously. Just because you learned how to write a narrative paper in 6th grade, doesn't mean you skip doing the outline for it in your College Writing class in college - if it's easy, you better get an A.

I wish I had known how boring campus was during the weekend. Most of the students live within an hour of school, while I am 7 hours away. It gets really quite on the weekends if I have no plans.

Larissa

Bethel has a very good community feel. You are free to be yourself and be accpted.

If I could talk to myself as I high school senior I would tell myself to look at the list of courses for my major and pre-requisites for graduate schools and see if I could get any of them out of the way through either college-in-the-schools or AP. I am currently finding myself taking classes that I could have easily taken in high school and gotten credit for, so it would have been nice to have thought about doing that.

It is best if you would consider yourself a Christian and you should probably also be academically motivated.

Ryan

I would tell myself to look deepply into the requirements of the general eds and classes in regards to my major. I would also tell myself to look at the option of adding a minor to my degree.

The cafetieria takes forever to get food and has limited verity. The gym and wellness center is small and ofter crowded.

Joshua

My school is best known for their physics and engineering program. The Physics Department at Bethel University is exceptional. The physics professors are the best in their respective fields. The students are very willing to help each other with challenging assignments. The laboratories continue to be updated with professional expiremental equipment in all fields of physics and engineering. The Physics Department's relationship to graduate programs and the local industry help the students prepare for the future in either graduate work or their increased opportunity finding employment after graduation.

As a high school student, I figured that college would be a challenge and that I would be easily able to adapt. If I were to give advice to myself, I would tell myself that confidence can be a virtue and a downfall. Confidence is important because it can open up new opportunities, and yet too much confidence can be blinding. Also, I would tell myself that college life comes with much more responsibility. After high school graduation, I was an adult required to make my own decisions. The college experience provides a more lenient environment than high school. With more leniency comes more personal choices. I would tell myself to remember to keep focus on what is right. There is a time for play, and a time for work. This balance is sometimes hard to find and even harder to keep.

The parking situation at my school is the most frustrating. There are too few parking spaces on campus for all of the commuting students. The amount of parking devoted to department guests is ridiculous. Most of the time those parking spaces are completely empty. My school automatically requires every commuting student to pay for a parking permit, charging my student account without my consent. They forget that some students don't require a parking permit, because they carpool or bike to school. My school should quit spending money on frivolous expenses and devote money to creating better parking solutions.

Zach

It is know for its Christian community and atmosphere. It really is a school that focuses on you growing not only as a student and in education but also as a person and in life.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice before heading off to college, I think the main thing I would tell myself is to not fall into bad habits as a senior. Many times as seniors you take the senior slide as they call it where you feel as though grades do not matter as much since I am already accepted and they tend to sluff off. I myself fell into this and now looking back I wish i had not. I know see how important it is to stay on top of school work not only for the grades and getting a good GPA but also developing good habits that help in college since you get a lot more school work and you have a lot more responsibilities and have to balance you time accordingly.

I think the best thing about Bethel University is the way the community supports you specifically. Everyone there really has your best interest in mind and they do whatever they can to help you succeed in all areas of your life. Even the proffesors care about you and want to be more than just a teacher to you. It is nice knowing that I go to a school where everone cares about me and wants the best for me.

Jackie

A person who loves meeting new people, is friendly to everyone, doesn't have a desire to party, wants to grow in their spiritual walk, one who wants to be academically challenged, and one who has a positive outlook on life.

Jackie, you are going to be introduced to people who give you a completely different outlook on life in college. They are going to challenge you in ways you didn't think you could be challenged. You are going to grow so much as a individual person. However, you're still in high school and you need to make the most of it. These next few months are precious so enjoy every minute of it while you can. Don't be scared to go onto another stage of your life, and don't wish high school away like I did. Being excited for college is a good thing, but remember you are very blessed to be living where you live. If you have time to take some AP classes and the AP tests, do that too! It really would help you to be a little ahead considering credits. Also, ignore everything people say about the senior slide. College is only a wake up call regarding the course work and you want to be as prepared as you are able to be. The classes are much more rigorous than you think. Enjoy it while you can!

Bekki

Bethel University focuses on making sure you have every tool at your disposal in order to not only succeed and grow at your chosen profession but also in life. Students who come to Bethel get a very well rounded education and every opportunity to try different options in many fields in order to be sure they are entering the profession that suits them best. Bethel's professors are there to help students learn and are actively involved in making sure students have the tools they need to succeed.

Go to the college YOU want to go to rather than the one that makes your parents happy, and don't let finances deter you; there are grants and scholarships available to help you succeed at the school that fits you best. Be wise about finances but don't let money control you. Live on campus and get involved. Allow yourself to try new things and get to know new people. Ask lots of questions and don't worry about looking stupid because if you have the question then someone else does too. Talk to your professors and get to know them as people. Your professors are there to help you, so don't be afraid to ask them for help. If you disagree with a grade you have been given, ask the professor about why you got the grade you did. Be prepared to work hard and don't let anyone else take away your dream or tell you that it is impossible. Follow your heart.

The person who should attend this school is anyone who is serious about learning how to be a leader in their profession and their community. This person should be ready and willing to learn and be involved in their community and their church.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.