Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Zach

It is know for its Christian community and atmosphere. It really is a school that focuses on you growing not only as a student and in education but also as a person and in life.

I think the best thing about Bethel University is the way the community supports you specifically. Everyone there really has your best interest in mind and they do whatever they can to help you succeed in all areas of your life. Even the proffesors care about you and want to be more than just a teacher to you. It is nice knowing that I go to a school where everone cares about me and wants the best for me.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice before heading off to college, I think the main thing I would tell myself is to not fall into bad habits as a senior. Many times as seniors you take the senior slide as they call it where you feel as though grades do not matter as much since I am already accepted and they tend to sluff off. I myself fell into this and now looking back I wish i had not. I know see how important it is to stay on top of school work not only for the grades and getting a good GPA but also developing good habits that help in college since you get a lot more school work and you have a lot more responsibilities and have to balance you time accordingly.

Jackie

A person who loves meeting new people, is friendly to everyone, doesn't have a desire to party, wants to grow in their spiritual walk, one who wants to be academically challenged, and one who has a positive outlook on life.

Jackie, you are going to be introduced to people who give you a completely different outlook on life in college. They are going to challenge you in ways you didn't think you could be challenged. You are going to grow so much as a individual person. However, you're still in high school and you need to make the most of it. These next few months are precious so enjoy every minute of it while you can. Don't be scared to go onto another stage of your life, and don't wish high school away like I did. Being excited for college is a good thing, but remember you are very blessed to be living where you live. If you have time to take some AP classes and the AP tests, do that too! It really would help you to be a little ahead considering credits. Also, ignore everything people say about the senior slide. College is only a wake up call regarding the course work and you want to be as prepared as you are able to be. The classes are much more rigorous than you think. Enjoy it while you can!

Bekki

Bethel University focuses on making sure you have every tool at your disposal in order to not only succeed and grow at your chosen profession but also in life. Students who come to Bethel get a very well rounded education and every opportunity to try different options in many fields in order to be sure they are entering the profession that suits them best. Bethel's professors are there to help students learn and are actively involved in making sure students have the tools they need to succeed.

Go to the college YOU want to go to rather than the one that makes your parents happy, and don't let finances deter you; there are grants and scholarships available to help you succeed at the school that fits you best. Be wise about finances but don't let money control you. Live on campus and get involved. Allow yourself to try new things and get to know new people. Ask lots of questions and don't worry about looking stupid because if you have the question then someone else does too. Talk to your professors and get to know them as people. Your professors are there to help you, so don't be afraid to ask them for help. If you disagree with a grade you have been given, ask the professor about why you got the grade you did. Be prepared to work hard and don't let anyone else take away your dream or tell you that it is impossible. Follow your heart.

The person who should attend this school is anyone who is serious about learning how to be a leader in their profession and their community. This person should be ready and willing to learn and be involved in their community and their church.

Sabrina

I would tell myself not to get too worked up about AP classes, because they seem a lot harder than college classes. I would also tell myself to spend as much time as I could with my friends, to not take their friendship for granted. The last thing that I would tell myself to be more organized, so that all of the homework gets done on time and the studying begins to get a lot easier than it seems.

Bethel is best known for chapel. The chapel here is very good, and is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Many people attend and it can be very beneficial to a stressful day.

The most frustrating thing about Bethel would be the amount of time some professors belive you should spend on their class. Some professors expect you to spend too much time on their class than others. I have only run into this a few times, but it can be frustraiting when you have a heavy load.

I would give myself the advice to do better in high school. I spent a lot of time with extracurricular activities and didn't spend as much time as I should have academically. I would tell myself to study harder and to focus more on what I want to do with my future. Instead of just putting off studying and telling myself that it wouldn't matter. If I had spent more time studying, it would have benefited me with remembering more information from the classes I took in high school. Also I would have told myself to take Anatomy because it would have accelerated me while going into a Health career. Extracurricular activities are important, but I wish I had spent more time academically during high school and focused more on what carreer path I wanted when I got older.

Christ loving community aimed to helps others grow.

Christ loving community aimed to helps others grow.

I would tell myself to really get involved right away when getting to college. Being more involved in clubs and service organizations would have aloud me to make more friends and grow more spiritually.

The gym can be kind of busy at night.

Cherie

I would tell myself to worry less about what everyone else thought and more about what I thought. That while juggling college and a job is tough and exhausting, even at 33 years old it is still possible. Go for what you want, even if it takes a bit longer to find out what that is. Be happy, stay organized, get rest, ask questions ALWAYS. And fine time to enjoy the little things.

summer

If I could tell my self one major thing when I was a senior I would have said study harder and take chemistry and any hard classes that can give you college credit or prepare you for college. I would have told my self to manage my time better and practice better study habbits. College is an amazing expierence but I cant afford because im on my own and if I could go back in time I would have applied to more scholarships and done what ever I could to make sure I could afford to stay in college the years I could. My first year of college I got all A's which was a great achievement but I wish I could just go back in time and get grants or money for college so I wouldn't be in the position where I might not be able to go back.

Pengxue

They are all friendly and willing to help others who do not understand a certain topic.

To my young self, Do not slack off your senior year for the course load of college will be nothing like high school. Continue hard in learning math and problem solving skills. Continue to hone your writing skills, because that is how your professors will come to learn and see you. Writing communicates what you have learned or known to others. Continue to enjoy friends but I advise you to limit your time together to a minimum in order for you to grasp a firm understanding of what a good study routine is for yourself. Do not be afraid to break out of your shell and make new friends who are also studying the same area of interest as you. You can never have enough friends and together with these new friends, you shall struggle, but more importantly understand what you are learning rather than memorizing what you are told. Bring a water bottle. Water will keep you hydrated and concentratred in class. Bring snacks to keep you energized during your long studies. Last but not least, love your family for they will support you through all not just in college but in life.

The availibity of the gym on the weekends. It is not open sometimes.

College requires an extreme amount of hardwork and personal effort on the student's behalf. If you want to succeed in the classroom, you need to learn how to manage your time, money and resources properly. You will retain a lot more than you think and, in the end, you will be very thankful you took the classes you did. Don't give up when classes seem impossible because they will always get better. And, finally, don't always live by other people's words, live and learn for yourself and you will be great.

I would tell myself not to take life so seriously. While school is a very important part of growing up, sometimes the ride is just as important as the destination. Enjoy the simplicity of high school life because as soon as you leave home, things will get much tougher. Eat every one of mom's delicious meals because you won't get that luxury in college. You need to learn how to work for your grades. In high school you didn't have to do much to get a great grade, but in college it is entirely different. Take every class for what it is: a fantastic learning opportunity. Listen to your professors (even when they aren't "teaching") and you will learn far more than you ever thought possible. Dream big and live life to the fullest.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.