Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Sabrina

I would tell myself not to get too worked up about AP classes, because they seem a lot harder than college classes. I would also tell myself to spend as much time as I could with my friends, to not take their friendship for granted. The last thing that I would tell myself to be more organized, so that all of the homework gets done on time and the studying begins to get a lot easier than it seems.

Bethel is best known for chapel. The chapel here is very good, and is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Many people attend and it can be very beneficial to a stressful day.

The most frustrating thing about Bethel would be the amount of time some professors belive you should spend on their class. Some professors expect you to spend too much time on their class than others. I have only run into this a few times, but it can be frustraiting when you have a heavy load.

I would give myself the advice to do better in high school. I spent a lot of time with extracurricular activities and didn't spend as much time as I should have academically. I would tell myself to study harder and to focus more on what I want to do with my future. Instead of just putting off studying and telling myself that it wouldn't matter. If I had spent more time studying, it would have benefited me with remembering more information from the classes I took in high school. Also I would have told myself to take Anatomy because it would have accelerated me while going into a Health career. Extracurricular activities are important, but I wish I had spent more time academically during high school and focused more on what carreer path I wanted when I got older.

Christ loving community aimed to helps others grow.

Christ loving community aimed to helps others grow.

I would tell myself to really get involved right away when getting to college. Being more involved in clubs and service organizations would have aloud me to make more friends and grow more spiritually.

The gym can be kind of busy at night.

Cherie

I would tell myself to worry less about what everyone else thought and more about what I thought. That while juggling college and a job is tough and exhausting, even at 33 years old it is still possible. Go for what you want, even if it takes a bit longer to find out what that is. Be happy, stay organized, get rest, ask questions ALWAYS. And fine time to enjoy the little things.

summer

If I could tell my self one major thing when I was a senior I would have said study harder and take chemistry and any hard classes that can give you college credit or prepare you for college. I would have told my self to manage my time better and practice better study habbits. College is an amazing expierence but I cant afford because im on my own and if I could go back in time I would have applied to more scholarships and done what ever I could to make sure I could afford to stay in college the years I could. My first year of college I got all A's which was a great achievement but I wish I could just go back in time and get grants or money for college so I wouldn't be in the position where I might not be able to go back.

Pengxue

They are all friendly and willing to help others who do not understand a certain topic.

To my young self, Do not slack off your senior year for the course load of college will be nothing like high school. Continue hard in learning math and problem solving skills. Continue to hone your writing skills, because that is how your professors will come to learn and see you. Writing communicates what you have learned or known to others. Continue to enjoy friends but I advise you to limit your time together to a minimum in order for you to grasp a firm understanding of what a good study routine is for yourself. Do not be afraid to break out of your shell and make new friends who are also studying the same area of interest as you. You can never have enough friends and together with these new friends, you shall struggle, but more importantly understand what you are learning rather than memorizing what you are told. Bring a water bottle. Water will keep you hydrated and concentratred in class. Bring snacks to keep you energized during your long studies. Last but not least, love your family for they will support you through all not just in college but in life.

The availibity of the gym on the weekends. It is not open sometimes.

College requires an extreme amount of hardwork and personal effort on the student's behalf. If you want to succeed in the classroom, you need to learn how to manage your time, money and resources properly. You will retain a lot more than you think and, in the end, you will be very thankful you took the classes you did. Don't give up when classes seem impossible because they will always get better. And, finally, don't always live by other people's words, live and learn for yourself and you will be great.

I would tell myself not to take life so seriously. While school is a very important part of growing up, sometimes the ride is just as important as the destination. Enjoy the simplicity of high school life because as soon as you leave home, things will get much tougher. Eat every one of mom's delicious meals because you won't get that luxury in college. You need to learn how to work for your grades. In high school you didn't have to do much to get a great grade, but in college it is entirely different. Take every class for what it is: a fantastic learning opportunity. Listen to your professors (even when they aren't "teaching") and you will learn far more than you ever thought possible. Dream big and live life to the fullest.

Francesca

Popularity isn't everything. Having friends is great, but when it comes down to it, you do not need hundreds of friends. You truly only need a few really good friends to make you happy. Having a few close friends to talk to and have encourage you is truly all that is important in life. Striving for momentary happiness is never going to give you anything in the long run.

Students who attend Bethel are normally very wealthy. It is sometimes frustrating coming from a middle class family trying to keep up with the wardrobes and things that the typical Bethel student aquires.

Having to pay for school on my own and take out many loans, while the majority of people around you get their entire schooling paid for by their parents.

Victoria

Making the transition to college is definitely nerve racking and no matter how much people tell you everything will work out, it’s still hard to believe. The expectations that everyone gives you about college can be hard to fulfill. The stereotypes of finding your lifelong friends and possible spouse in college can be daunting to figure out on top of school work. With all of the activities that the school presents, especially within the first year of college, I remember trying to fit too much in; all of it dealing with wanting perfect grades and perfect friends. Looking back I think some sound advice to help the transition into college would be to worry about one day at a time. Enjoy the small joyful moments you gain within friendships and academics. It’s so easy to plan for the future and get caught up in it. In doing that it’s easy to miss the best part of your college: the experience. College life can bring difficulties and tough decisions, but each day has its ups and downs. You don’t have to figure everything out from the get go; enjoy every moment, whether good or bad.

The community at Bethel is what makes it the greatest. There is a community between students and teachers. The amount of events that are put on daily for students to connect with one another and the opportunities that professors and administration have to interact with the students is what creates the community. Bethel is a place where it's very easy to fit into the community and belong.

A person who wants to connect with others more personally and God. Bethel is a place where students can do just that. Learn more about Christ and grow in him together as one body. So an individual who is willing to go deeper in their relationship with God and with other peers would fit right in. They would not eve have to be a christian by definition; it just depends on how open their hearts are to hearing more about who they are in Christ.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.