Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Pengxue

They are all friendly and willing to help others who do not understand a certain topic.

To my young self, Do not slack off your senior year for the course load of college will be nothing like high school. Continue hard in learning math and problem solving skills. Continue to hone your writing skills, because that is how your professors will come to learn and see you. Writing communicates what you have learned or known to others. Continue to enjoy friends but I advise you to limit your time together to a minimum in order for you to grasp a firm understanding of what a good study routine is for yourself. Do not be afraid to break out of your shell and make new friends who are also studying the same area of interest as you. You can never have enough friends and together with these new friends, you shall struggle, but more importantly understand what you are learning rather than memorizing what you are told. Bring a water bottle. Water will keep you hydrated and concentratred in class. Bring snacks to keep you energized during your long studies. Last but not least, love your family for they will support you through all not just in college but in life.

The availibity of the gym on the weekends. It is not open sometimes.

College requires an extreme amount of hardwork and personal effort on the student's behalf. If you want to succeed in the classroom, you need to learn how to manage your time, money and resources properly. You will retain a lot more than you think and, in the end, you will be very thankful you took the classes you did. Don't give up when classes seem impossible because they will always get better. And, finally, don't always live by other people's words, live and learn for yourself and you will be great.

I would tell myself not to take life so seriously. While school is a very important part of growing up, sometimes the ride is just as important as the destination. Enjoy the simplicity of high school life because as soon as you leave home, things will get much tougher. Eat every one of mom's delicious meals because you won't get that luxury in college. You need to learn how to work for your grades. In high school you didn't have to do much to get a great grade, but in college it is entirely different. Take every class for what it is: a fantastic learning opportunity. Listen to your professors (even when they aren't "teaching") and you will learn far more than you ever thought possible. Dream big and live life to the fullest.

Francesca

Popularity isn't everything. Having friends is great, but when it comes down to it, you do not need hundreds of friends. You truly only need a few really good friends to make you happy. Having a few close friends to talk to and have encourage you is truly all that is important in life. Striving for momentary happiness is never going to give you anything in the long run.

Students who attend Bethel are normally very wealthy. It is sometimes frustrating coming from a middle class family trying to keep up with the wardrobes and things that the typical Bethel student aquires.

Having to pay for school on my own and take out many loans, while the majority of people around you get their entire schooling paid for by their parents.

Victoria

Making the transition to college is definitely nerve racking and no matter how much people tell you everything will work out, it’s still hard to believe. The expectations that everyone gives you about college can be hard to fulfill. The stereotypes of finding your lifelong friends and possible spouse in college can be daunting to figure out on top of school work. With all of the activities that the school presents, especially within the first year of college, I remember trying to fit too much in; all of it dealing with wanting perfect grades and perfect friends. Looking back I think some sound advice to help the transition into college would be to worry about one day at a time. Enjoy the small joyful moments you gain within friendships and academics. It’s so easy to plan for the future and get caught up in it. In doing that it’s easy to miss the best part of your college: the experience. College life can bring difficulties and tough decisions, but each day has its ups and downs. You don’t have to figure everything out from the get go; enjoy every moment, whether good or bad.

The community at Bethel is what makes it the greatest. There is a community between students and teachers. The amount of events that are put on daily for students to connect with one another and the opportunities that professors and administration have to interact with the students is what creates the community. Bethel is a place where it's very easy to fit into the community and belong.

A person who wants to connect with others more personally and God. Bethel is a place where students can do just that. Learn more about Christ and grow in him together as one body. So an individual who is willing to go deeper in their relationship with God and with other peers would fit right in. They would not eve have to be a christian by definition; it just depends on how open their hearts are to hearing more about who they are in Christ.

Kevin

I would say to myself that i need to take more advanced classes that would help me with college. I would also say take high school more serious, because it will have an impact on yjour college. I did not know that high school credits could help so much in college. So overall i would say take high school very serious.

My classmates vary greatly; depending on the classes you take there can be a wide range of perspectives or a very small one; some like to really explore the topics of the class but it seems the majority are content to sit and do what is necessary to pass the class.

Prepare to adjust to living on your own. As much as you may think you're prepared and ready to move out the actual experience is different than you think. Also make an extra effort to step outside of your comfort zone to get to know and meet people. If you don't you could be spending a lot of time alone in your room while everyone else seems to be having fun. However there are a lot other students who will probably feeling the same so put forth a little effort and knock on your next-door-neighbors door, who knows they might be looking for something to do as well. In addition to getting to know people in general, don't let yourself only make friends with those who are the same as you. Prejudgement can really be harmful to others but even more so to yourself. You could be blocking a person who could prove to be a really good friend. As much if not more growth occurs outside of the classroom as in. Keep your opinions open, look at critiques of what you believe and strengthen your beliefs through them, but don't just stut down.

People who like smaller communities and are not as interested in visiting the city constantly would really like this school. Small classes and campus can annoy some which would make it more difficult but certainly doable. Really the kind of person that this school needs are people who are ethnically diverse or bring in a more liberal political stance. The majority of those who attend this school are from upper-middle class standing or higher but this limits the type of student socially and ethnically. People who want to achieve without the cut-throat academics would also do well here.

Cassie

When I entered Clark Community College in Vancouver, WA I was almost certain that the experience would be dull, academically un-satisfying and in general miserable. I quickly realized that this wasn't the case. Within the first two weeks of my attendance at Clark College I joined the French Club, created countless bonds with classmates, and gained confidence in my skills as a student. Not only does Clark College offer a beautiful campus with plenty of friendly students, it also offers more than equitable amounts of resources, particularly the drop-in trutor centers for English, Math, Science, and Foregin Language. I also enhanced my college experience by joining the debate team, where tournaments required us to traveled to several universities all over the North West, which allowed me to gain a feel for where I might like to transfer. Through the debate team, I was also granted an amazing opportunity to take an all-expenses-paid trip to Berlin, Germany where I spent time viewing some of the country's greatest land marks and submerging myself within a foreign culture. I have so much gratitude in my heart for Clark College and all it's done for me.

Dan

Bethel University is a very personal Christian college that strives to individually prepare each student for the real world by teaching with an open and unbiased worldview while instilling each person with a solid moral frame work.

Being at a private Christian college in a suburb of St. Paul, MN I was expecting the atmosphere to be sheltered and isolated like an inbred culture. Whenever possible the “Bethel Bubble” needs to be popped. I have developed an analogy to describe my lifestyle here at Bethel. Bethel University is a forest of Christian trees. The trees in the center of a forest aren’t exceptionally healthy. They are in a place of limited nutrients, water, sunlight, and these trees do not need to developed deep roots since they are never tested by the winds. At Bethel I strive to be a tree at the edge of the forest being strengthened by the weathering and testing winds. I have learned the importance of being in a rich community of likeminded people while at the same time searching out those with opposing ideas to enrich my own expand my understanding of the world. With my attitude toward these experiences I feel I am taking full advantage of the diverse people and ideas in my school and in communities of the surrounding metropolitan area.

I wish I would have known more about other private Christian colleges. I did not get much information about other solid Christian colleges like Wheaton College for example. Bethel University seemed to work harder in reaching students from other states like me. No other colleges were at as many college fairs as Bethel.

Erika

My classmates are driven but friendly and willing to help.

My classmates are driven but friendly and willing to help.

I have learned to examine and cement what I believe and Bethel focuses on teaching students how to think instead of what to think. I have learned to work hard in classes that may seem difficult, because Bethel allows for success.

One that is pretty liberal and would dislike the conservative feel.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.