Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Kevin

I would say to myself that i need to take more advanced classes that would help me with college. I would also say take high school more serious, because it will have an impact on yjour college. I did not know that high school credits could help so much in college. So overall i would say take high school very serious.

My classmates vary greatly; depending on the classes you take there can be a wide range of perspectives or a very small one; some like to really explore the topics of the class but it seems the majority are content to sit and do what is necessary to pass the class.

Prepare to adjust to living on your own. As much as you may think you're prepared and ready to move out the actual experience is different than you think. Also make an extra effort to step outside of your comfort zone to get to know and meet people. If you don't you could be spending a lot of time alone in your room while everyone else seems to be having fun. However there are a lot other students who will probably feeling the same so put forth a little effort and knock on your next-door-neighbors door, who knows they might be looking for something to do as well. In addition to getting to know people in general, don't let yourself only make friends with those who are the same as you. Prejudgement can really be harmful to others but even more so to yourself. You could be blocking a person who could prove to be a really good friend. As much if not more growth occurs outside of the classroom as in. Keep your opinions open, look at critiques of what you believe and strengthen your beliefs through them, but don't just stut down.

People who like smaller communities and are not as interested in visiting the city constantly would really like this school. Small classes and campus can annoy some which would make it more difficult but certainly doable. Really the kind of person that this school needs are people who are ethnically diverse or bring in a more liberal political stance. The majority of those who attend this school are from upper-middle class standing or higher but this limits the type of student socially and ethnically. People who want to achieve without the cut-throat academics would also do well here.

Cassie

When I entered Clark Community College in Vancouver, WA I was almost certain that the experience would be dull, academically un-satisfying and in general miserable. I quickly realized that this wasn't the case. Within the first two weeks of my attendance at Clark College I joined the French Club, created countless bonds with classmates, and gained confidence in my skills as a student. Not only does Clark College offer a beautiful campus with plenty of friendly students, it also offers more than equitable amounts of resources, particularly the drop-in trutor centers for English, Math, Science, and Foregin Language. I also enhanced my college experience by joining the debate team, where tournaments required us to traveled to several universities all over the North West, which allowed me to gain a feel for where I might like to transfer. Through the debate team, I was also granted an amazing opportunity to take an all-expenses-paid trip to Berlin, Germany where I spent time viewing some of the country's greatest land marks and submerging myself within a foreign culture. I have so much gratitude in my heart for Clark College and all it's done for me.

Dan

Bethel University is a very personal Christian college that strives to individually prepare each student for the real world by teaching with an open and unbiased worldview while instilling each person with a solid moral frame work.

Being at a private Christian college in a suburb of St. Paul, MN I was expecting the atmosphere to be sheltered and isolated like an inbred culture. Whenever possible the “Bethel Bubble” needs to be popped. I have developed an analogy to describe my lifestyle here at Bethel. Bethel University is a forest of Christian trees. The trees in the center of a forest aren’t exceptionally healthy. They are in a place of limited nutrients, water, sunlight, and these trees do not need to developed deep roots since they are never tested by the winds. At Bethel I strive to be a tree at the edge of the forest being strengthened by the weathering and testing winds. I have learned the importance of being in a rich community of likeminded people while at the same time searching out those with opposing ideas to enrich my own expand my understanding of the world. With my attitude toward these experiences I feel I am taking full advantage of the diverse people and ideas in my school and in communities of the surrounding metropolitan area.

I wish I would have known more about other private Christian colleges. I did not get much information about other solid Christian colleges like Wheaton College for example. Bethel University seemed to work harder in reaching students from other states like me. No other colleges were at as many college fairs as Bethel.

Erika

My classmates are driven but friendly and willing to help.

My classmates are driven but friendly and willing to help.

I have learned to examine and cement what I believe and Bethel focuses on teaching students how to think instead of what to think. I have learned to work hard in classes that may seem difficult, because Bethel allows for success.

One that is pretty liberal and would dislike the conservative feel.

Bridgit

It has been very valuable to attend Bethel Universtiy because I am always surrounded by christians who hold themeselves to a higher standard of living and honesty. Everyone here is always happy and helpful. I really enjoy being around other sutudents who have committed their life to Christ and that the faculty are held to the same standard as the students (the covenant applies to everyone, not just students). I love that here I am not faced with difficult choices as might be the case at a state universtiy. Being at a college like Bethel really has helped me to keep a good clear mindset and keep in focus what is important to me. It has also helped me to see how wonderful God is and just how much being an active christain can really change your life. Instead of partying or drinking, my friends and I love to volunteer or spend the day helping others in any way we can. Bethel has changed my life and will continue to do so. Bethel has kept me on track with my goals and is giving me all the tools i need to do well in my carreer and life.

The fact that we have such a great campus community and that everyone is so kind with such a great heart for others and for God. ALso, that my Professors know me by name and are willing to help me anyway that they can. I love that everyone had a heart for God and that we have the option of going to Chapel every Mon, Wed, and Friday and have vespers on sunday!

I wish that I would have known more about how conservative Bethel was so that i could have come better prepared for some of the conservative/liberal issues that are discussed.

Erin

My classmates are friendly and wililng to get to know new people; they treat their classmates and teachers with respect.

While the thought of attending college was always one that came with both excitement and aprehensiveness, my college experience, as I anticipated, has met my expectations of being an adventure as well as a great challenge. College has proven beneficial because, although very difficult at times, it has forced me to become independant. Being thrown into an environment that is four hours away from home in which everthing is new--the people, the classes, the living arrangements--has caused me to begin to make my own way in life. No longer do I have my family, friends, or the life I was accustomed to back home to aid in the shaping and continuation of my "comfort zone." My comfort zone has been turned completely upside-down and , although beginning college has been the most difficult phase in my life, I know that , when looking back, I will see this time as a very formative time which shaped me into the adult I am to become.

This school is for a person who wants a Christian world view integrated into every aspect of their education. This school encourages one in their faith through weekly Vesper services and chapel three times a week. Bethel University is for students who wish to enter the work force with a solid biblical foundation and a strong faith.

Hanna

College is so much more than earning an education; it is an experience. At Paradise Valley Community College you can get a taste of the experiences you would get at Universities with out leaving home and for much cheaper. My experience at Paradise Valley has been an incredible one. I get the opportunity to work with my teachers on a more personal level, due to the smaller class sizes. It really feels like everyone there is there to help you succeed. I also never feel that I am limited when it comes to classes to choose from. There is a wide variety and I have taken classes ranging from art and developmental psychology to math and business. School has given me the opportunity to try a little of everything and to see what I like as possible career paths. Through attending school I have a greater understanding of what it is I want to do with my life. I hope to go on and get my masters in psychology. Without Paradise Valley I might still be uncertain about my future. The number one thing I have gotten out of my college experience is certainty and excitement for the future

Laura

I have learned from my college experience is that education is very important, especially the way things are today. If you work hard and study hard, even if you encounter some obstacles along the way, it is possible to finish school. The value in finishing school for me is that it is better preparing me to be able to provide for my children.

Christopher

For me, college has served as an essential introduction to the way the world works. It has been the first place that has allowed me to step outside the rigid social constructs that plaque the high school experience. Attending has lead to me opening up and introducing myself to new people of all ages and backgrounds. I have made friends with police officers, lawyers, business owners, etc. These relationships have opened up new opportunities in terms of short term job prospects and social events to attend. In a sense, college has allowed me to connect with my entire community rather than restricting myself to a clique in high school. Besides the social benefits, attending college has boosted my confidence in my skill set. By being constantly challenged, I have been able to develop a better understanding of my capabilities and how to enhance them. College forces a person to perform at a career earning level, which means I will truly be ready for the real world(I hope) once I complete my degree.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.