Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Hanna

College is so much more than earning an education; it is an experience. At Paradise Valley Community College you can get a taste of the experiences you would get at Universities with out leaving home and for much cheaper. My experience at Paradise Valley has been an incredible one. I get the opportunity to work with my teachers on a more personal level, due to the smaller class sizes. It really feels like everyone there is there to help you succeed. I also never feel that I am limited when it comes to classes to choose from. There is a wide variety and I have taken classes ranging from art and developmental psychology to math and business. School has given me the opportunity to try a little of everything and to see what I like as possible career paths. Through attending school I have a greater understanding of what it is I want to do with my life. I hope to go on and get my masters in psychology. Without Paradise Valley I might still be uncertain about my future. The number one thing I have gotten out of my college experience is certainty and excitement for the future

Laura

I have learned from my college experience is that education is very important, especially the way things are today. If you work hard and study hard, even if you encounter some obstacles along the way, it is possible to finish school. The value in finishing school for me is that it is better preparing me to be able to provide for my children.

Christopher

For me, college has served as an essential introduction to the way the world works. It has been the first place that has allowed me to step outside the rigid social constructs that plaque the high school experience. Attending has lead to me opening up and introducing myself to new people of all ages and backgrounds. I have made friends with police officers, lawyers, business owners, etc. These relationships have opened up new opportunities in terms of short term job prospects and social events to attend. In a sense, college has allowed me to connect with my entire community rather than restricting myself to a clique in high school. Besides the social benefits, attending college has boosted my confidence in my skill set. By being constantly challenged, I have been able to develop a better understanding of my capabilities and how to enhance them. College forces a person to perform at a career earning level, which means I will truly be ready for the real world(I hope) once I complete my degree.

Cory

Because I was homeschooled throughout middleschool and highschool, I did not experience the same type of community that you would have in a more public setting. In coming to Bethel, I have been able to learn what it means to live in community. This aspect of college has been a huge growing process. Because of Bethel's Christian atmosphere, I have been growing mainly in my spiritual journey. However, just because Bethel is a Christian University does not mean that it is perfect. There are many people at Bethel that struggle with some of lifes hardest questions. It is within such a setting that true growth happens. I have had to make some very hard decisions in striving to live a Christ honoring live. This is why the community at Bethel has been so helpful. They have called me to grow with no exceptions.

Those who are looking for a party school should not consider Bethel. Bethel University offers a uniquely Christian atmosphere that discourages immoral behavior such as having sex outside of marriage, getting drunk, or doing drugs. At Bethel, the students, staff, and faculty all strive create a place that encourages good behavior and defeats bad behavior.

The one thing that I tell my friends about my school is the amazing community that there is on campus. The floor that I live on is home to some of the coolest guys I know. Because of the Christ centered atmosphere (Bethel is a Christian University), I have been able to grow in my faith and learn from those around me.

Patrick

I have gotten the most out of Bethel University. I have made a ton of friends, everyone is really nice! No one will judge you no matter what or who you are. Having this be a Christian University it really displays how to live as a christian and helps me to understand my flaws, and helps me to grasp what I need to change for myself in my walk with Christ. Vespers and chapel are amazing. The worship team is truly gifted in bringing us to tears whenwhen we are singing. Bethel also is really good at bringing different speakers in to tell us different things. All in all I amm glad I am attending here and I am honored and proud to call myself a Bethel Royal.

I wish I had known the room sizes and all the different activities and clubs you could join. before I came to the school.

During my time at AVC, I have gained friendships and have learned valuable tools to help me succeed for when I transfer to a UC in September 2011. I attended a charter school when I was in high school. We did not have things like clubs, foreign language classes, student government, etc. All we did was finish our homework. I decided that I wanted to graduate quicker, so I enrolled at my current community college (AVC) and soon graduated high school at 17. For the past few years I went from being antisocial with no leadership positions to being Vice President of my campus student government and completing over 700 hours of community service in the campus honors club. I never knew I would get into a university out of HS. People usually joined the Army or went to AVC. I am glad I was able to experience the first half of my undergrad years at AVC because I gained strong friendships through campus activities, and was able to “test drive” campus life and find bioengineering. With my transfer to a 4-year pending, I am certain I will push myself further.

Jenie

I have to say the question of "What have I gotten out of my college experience?" is nothing short of a head scratcher. The first answer that comes to mind is "$15,000 in debt so far", but when I really sit down and analyze the question, it's more complicated than that. I have gotten a sense of self, purpose and control over my future. My parents immigrated from Haiti, and from an early age, education was presented as a privilage, not an option that can be left on the back burner. I didn't fully understand why I was always pushed to get an education, why it was so important to them. It wasn't until I was introduced to the real world, "College Life", that I began to comprehend. Education is literally a key. It opens doors, windows and anything else you can think of that is a passageway to something better. So I guess what I really have gotten out of my college experience is understanding. I understand what it means to have a dream, I understand what it means to want to achieve something, and I understand what it means to want something better.

Marisol

What I have learned throughout my college experience is to be responsible. For there are dead lines that have to be met in order for me to get my class projects turned in on time, and to get a passing grade. I have also learned to believe in myself since I have proven to myself that I am capable of going to college and getting good grades. The most valuable thing I have gotten from college so far is the fact that I am getting closer to accomplishing my goal of becoming a registered nurse.

First of all, I am receiving an amazing education, which is helping me to reach the career goals that I have set for myself. In addition to that, I am part of a great community which helps and inspires me daily to reach those goals. I am learning more than just in the classroom, but also learning a lot from interactions with other professors and students on my way there.

I love the location of the school, and just the general friendliness of everyone here!

This school is for someone who loves to be part of a welcoming community and make new friends everyday! It is a great Christian atmosphere where everyone can hold each other accountable, and have fun!

Alicia

Bethel is known for its strong Christian background and great community, as well as its academic programs. One major program at Bethel is Nursing, but I would say most of the programs are really great!

The community is absolutely wonderful and there is plenty of things one could be involved in. The Christian overtone at Bethel University is amazing and supportive, and very challenging at times, which is a good thing.

I have learned how to better communicate with people through writting and through speaking. I have gained considerable knowledge in many areas including science, history, religion, and politics from some of the courses I have taken thus far. The atmosphere of my college experience has been awesome, fun, and at times very challenging. I have been challenged academically, mentally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. It has been very valuable in that what I have learned and will learn will stay with me for the rest of my life. The skills I have acquired and the knowledge I am gaining will help not only my future, but also those with whom I will interact, in whichever career path I choose and in everyday life. I have thouroughly enjoyed my college experience and am so excited for all that is to come!

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.