Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Cory

Because I was homeschooled throughout middleschool and highschool, I did not experience the same type of community that you would have in a more public setting. In coming to Bethel, I have been able to learn what it means to live in community. This aspect of college has been a huge growing process. Because of Bethel's Christian atmosphere, I have been growing mainly in my spiritual journey. However, just because Bethel is a Christian University does not mean that it is perfect. There are many people at Bethel that struggle with some of lifes hardest questions. It is within such a setting that true growth happens. I have had to make some very hard decisions in striving to live a Christ honoring live. This is why the community at Bethel has been so helpful. They have called me to grow with no exceptions.

Those who are looking for a party school should not consider Bethel. Bethel University offers a uniquely Christian atmosphere that discourages immoral behavior such as having sex outside of marriage, getting drunk, or doing drugs. At Bethel, the students, staff, and faculty all strive create a place that encourages good behavior and defeats bad behavior.

The one thing that I tell my friends about my school is the amazing community that there is on campus. The floor that I live on is home to some of the coolest guys I know. Because of the Christ centered atmosphere (Bethel is a Christian University), I have been able to grow in my faith and learn from those around me.

Patrick

I have gotten the most out of Bethel University. I have made a ton of friends, everyone is really nice! No one will judge you no matter what or who you are. Having this be a Christian University it really displays how to live as a christian and helps me to understand my flaws, and helps me to grasp what I need to change for myself in my walk with Christ. Vespers and chapel are amazing. The worship team is truly gifted in bringing us to tears whenwhen we are singing. Bethel also is really good at bringing different speakers in to tell us different things. All in all I amm glad I am attending here and I am honored and proud to call myself a Bethel Royal.

I wish I had known the room sizes and all the different activities and clubs you could join. before I came to the school.

During my time at AVC, I have gained friendships and have learned valuable tools to help me succeed for when I transfer to a UC in September 2011. I attended a charter school when I was in high school. We did not have things like clubs, foreign language classes, student government, etc. All we did was finish our homework. I decided that I wanted to graduate quicker, so I enrolled at my current community college (AVC) and soon graduated high school at 17. For the past few years I went from being antisocial with no leadership positions to being Vice President of my campus student government and completing over 700 hours of community service in the campus honors club. I never knew I would get into a university out of HS. People usually joined the Army or went to AVC. I am glad I was able to experience the first half of my undergrad years at AVC because I gained strong friendships through campus activities, and was able to “test drive” campus life and find bioengineering. With my transfer to a 4-year pending, I am certain I will push myself further.

Jenie

I have to say the question of "What have I gotten out of my college experience?" is nothing short of a head scratcher. The first answer that comes to mind is "$15,000 in debt so far", but when I really sit down and analyze the question, it's more complicated than that. I have gotten a sense of self, purpose and control over my future. My parents immigrated from Haiti, and from an early age, education was presented as a privilage, not an option that can be left on the back burner. I didn't fully understand why I was always pushed to get an education, why it was so important to them. It wasn't until I was introduced to the real world, "College Life", that I began to comprehend. Education is literally a key. It opens doors, windows and anything else you can think of that is a passageway to something better. So I guess what I really have gotten out of my college experience is understanding. I understand what it means to have a dream, I understand what it means to want to achieve something, and I understand what it means to want something better.

Marisol

What I have learned throughout my college experience is to be responsible. For there are dead lines that have to be met in order for me to get my class projects turned in on time, and to get a passing grade. I have also learned to believe in myself since I have proven to myself that I am capable of going to college and getting good grades. The most valuable thing I have gotten from college so far is the fact that I am getting closer to accomplishing my goal of becoming a registered nurse.

First of all, I am receiving an amazing education, which is helping me to reach the career goals that I have set for myself. In addition to that, I am part of a great community which helps and inspires me daily to reach those goals. I am learning more than just in the classroom, but also learning a lot from interactions with other professors and students on my way there.

I love the location of the school, and just the general friendliness of everyone here!

This school is for someone who loves to be part of a welcoming community and make new friends everyday! It is a great Christian atmosphere where everyone can hold each other accountable, and have fun!

Alicia

Bethel is known for its strong Christian background and great community, as well as its academic programs. One major program at Bethel is Nursing, but I would say most of the programs are really great!

The community is absolutely wonderful and there is plenty of things one could be involved in. The Christian overtone at Bethel University is amazing and supportive, and very challenging at times, which is a good thing.

I have learned how to better communicate with people through writting and through speaking. I have gained considerable knowledge in many areas including science, history, religion, and politics from some of the courses I have taken thus far. The atmosphere of my college experience has been awesome, fun, and at times very challenging. I have been challenged academically, mentally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. It has been very valuable in that what I have learned and will learn will stay with me for the rest of my life. The skills I have acquired and the knowledge I am gaining will help not only my future, but also those with whom I will interact, in whichever career path I choose and in everyday life. I have thouroughly enjoyed my college experience and am so excited for all that is to come!

Janna

I wish I had realized how difficult some of the general classes are. Also, I wish I would have taken PSEO classes that would have transferred.

College, thus far, has been a journey. I have struggled with the tough classes, making new friends, my faith, and above all discovering myself. What I have learned so far is to never give up. Even when it feels as though nothing is going right, I must continue to trust God and lean on him for support. I have faced many challenges since coming to Bethel, but what I have "gotten out of this experience" is perseverance and hope. While I often stress about my grades, I am slowly beginning to realize that my GPA is not the most important thing in life. That is not to say that I am going to stop studying and turning in my work on time; but, there are many other things that are more valuable such as time spent with family and friends and growing in my relationship with Christ.

Because it is a "Private Christian School" it is always assumed that everyone there is a strong Christian. However, this is not always true. There are many people who struggle with their faith, but have to hide what they are actually feeling.

Bethel University is home to a great environment that fosters intellectual, social, and spiritual growth and provides great oppotunities to develop relationships with professors and other faculty and staff to promote learning and job and internship placement.

Choosing where to go to college was a hard decision, but I know that I have made the right choice. After attending Bethel Univeristy for a while, I know that I am in the right school. I have received many opportunities to perform leadership functions, enjoy great employment and relationships with my professors and participate in summer research at Bethel that I would not have been able to do at the other colleges that I applied to. Also, I have gained many great friends in my tightly knit community at Bethel that I know will be friends for life. This community has and will continue to push me towards positive personal and intellectual growth as I finish my time at Bethel. It has been fully worth the price that I have paid and I would not give it up for the world.

Bethel Univeristy likes to talk a lot about reconciliation, which is a good thing to discuss. However, I feel like the only version of reconcilation that is discussed is racial reconciliation, and usually the differences between whites and blacks. I think that they should also talk about other forms of racial reconciliation, as well as reconciliation within friendships or other relationships, which would also promote a more healthy environment to live in.

Elisabeth

Christian College, with an amazing community. You will not only gain an education, but you will grow in all areas of your life including, relationships and faith.

Bethel is a rare place, I can not think of any of my other friends attending other colleges that have gotten as much support, love, and encouragement from the communities that they are involved in. All of the relationships that I have encountered here have helped me develop into the person that I am today. This has been the most valuable part of my college experiance at Bethel.

Someone who wants to gain more than an education.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.