Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Annika

The best thing I feel is the Christian atmosphere throughout the campus and the relationships that I have been able to form with my professors. The professors genuinely care about each of their students.

Being a new college student it has been a challenge at times, but I have been very blessed with the college I chose. Each faculty member is more than willing to accomodate any needs a student might have and they are very personable. Not only are the staff wonderful, but the academics are world renowned. I am a nursing major and am thankful to be part of one of the top programs in the nation. I love being challenged academically and Bethel has done just that for me. If I am challenged too hard, the professors are more than willing to help me improve. My parents have had the priviledge of meeting a couple of my professors and have very much enjoyed the visits.

I have small frustrations being a new college student, but nothing that would cause me to transfer schools.

Dana

Someone who does NOT want to meet amazing people, should not come to Bethel University. Also, if they donnot want to be challen be challeneged by their faith, and have Christian beliefs incorporated into their education, they should not attend. However, there is nothing else that should keep a student from attending Bethel University.

One day, my sister wore duct tape over her mouth that read "pro life". (she was going to wear this to high school, and not talk) Later that night, I read how Christians cannot merely scream at people about sin, or say what our opinions are. It's about spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's about LOVING women who are going through this. That night, I was at Substance church for worship service. At the end, they said the Lord had laid one topic on their hearts: abortion. My heart fell into my stomach. They wanted to reach out to anyone that was struggling with abortion; to encourage anyone that had one. They also said that they felt some people in the room had been called to make a difference with this issue. The worship leaders talked about showing the love of Jesus Christ to these women. I feel called to go out and volunteer. I am also considering switching my major to social work in order to better serve the women in need. It all started in CMI class. God definitely used this class to reveal to me what I have been called to.

The Lord Jesus Christ is at work in this amazing community. This community of believers is centered around Christ. Although it is not perfect, and may needs improvements in some areas, there are some phenomenal things about this community. For example, chapel is 3 days a week, and it is not REQUIRED. Students attend of their own accord, which provides an atmosphere of worshipping with other students who truly want to be there. People are SO friendly, are always smiling and greeting you in the hallways. Friends are easy to make. Campus Ministries has a flourishing program. Resting in Christ.

Courtney

I have always been motivated. Motivated to get good grades, to excel in athletics, to perfrom well in fine arts, and be involved in as much as possible during highschool. Success was measured by how well I did and how many friends I had. Before leaving for college, I didn't realize there was a difference between motivation and passion. College has completely stripped me of my highschool securities, and I have been forced to answer the question, what am I living for? This is where passion steps in. I have realized there is more to life then the meaningless measurment of what I called success. Outside the bubble of my conservative, Christian life people are hurting. People are dying. Although I attend a Christian university, my eyes have been opened to the reality of this world. Thanks to the education I have recieved, and will continue to obtain at college, I can make a difference. Pursuing my nursing degree is one tangible way of helping those who need it most, and am also involed in Acting on AIDS. College has already changed my life and helped me realize there is far more to life then motivation; there is passion.

Someone who is driven academically and spiritually, and wants the challenge of growing immensely should attend Bethel. Many of the students here are active in surrounding communities, as well as the Bethel community. Those who are passionate about changing the world are presented with diverse and powerful opportunites to work in areas like poverty, sex trade, AIDS, and many other places of need. Not only do the students here learn about poignant issues in out culture today, but we also have the ability to act on it! If someone is up for this challenge, they too can experience the benefits.

Bethel requires high academic performance and the desire to work hard. If someone does not wish to work hard to gain good grades, I wouldn't recommend this institution. Also, Bethel's students are extremely motivated, typically by the desire to follow Christ. If someone does not have an open mind to learning about Jesus Christ, it probably isn't the best place to go to school.

Jonathan

I believe any kind of person should attend this institution, for education is what you make of it. If a student wants to assimilate with the trends and activities of predominate culture then it is easy, but if a student is willing to think for themselves and challenge the community that he/she lives in especially ones that is blind to the truth of society than that is my opinion. I won't discourage one to attend such an institution like this, but will make my responsibility to informed them and guide them about the dynamics of this institution.

There are many things that I have gotten out of my college experience at Bethel University, mainly a lot of social and mental things. I learned that many who call themselves Christians; don't act or live in a way that is reflecting the One they follow. I see a lot of "fakeness" and "talking the talk," it is sad to see that it has become an epidemic in the Bethel community. A lot of students, especially freshmen are caught up in trying to always have fun at other expense, instead of having fun by living out their faith and values. I learn that a person must choose their friends wisely, as well as continuously fighting to live out such a faith that is good and acceptable to God despite those bring negative influence upon your faith and life. I also learn that must truly take my education even more serious by going above and beyond in terms of the amount studying and reading for my courses. These were only some of the things that I took from my college experiences as of today.

The worst thing about my school is that there are too many students, particularly whom are white. i do not have a problem with white folks, but I do have a problem with people who are ignorant about race relations and as well as those whom have a false conscious about the society that they are living in, especially when Bethel is predominately white and located in a suburban area.

Xeng

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that I must prioritize myself in order to have a fun and successful time in college. My first semester started out hectic because I thought everything would just fall accordingly into the flow of things when I got use to it, but there was always something coming up that I just had to do. Hanging out with friends, intramurals, events in our Underground, and finals week. All this put together made my first semester fly all over the place. Towards the end however, I just couldn't take it anymore and I was seriuosly thinking about giving up. However, one of my professor told me to callm down and think my thoughts through, and sort my thoughts from important to less important. Of course homework came first because I am here to carve a future for myself and along with that my semester ended great. Prioritizing is the key or at least my key to success.

The best thing about Bethel is the community that gives its students a home away from home. Some universities are so disconnected with thier dorms but Bethel always have events going on whether it be study groups, homecoming, or intramurals, we the students are very involved.

The most frustrating thing about Bethel is kindness that everyone has towards each other. Its not a bad thing, but having this be a Christian University everyone watches thier words which leads to miscommunications leaving out what people actually want to say to express thier ideas.

Natalie

Many of my classmates are serious about their work; their persistence has encouraged me not only in class, but also in my relationship with God.

I am very blessed to be at Bethel University. As difficult as the transition into college was, being at Bethel has provided immense growth in my faith throughout these past months. For me, it is encouraging to have chapel in between classes to remind me about the perspectives in life. Also, to have a professor who cares for my success in courses and who encourages me with prayer before exams. Bethel University maintains excellence not only in academics, but in encouraging relationships with God. If I were not at Bethel, whether at another school, or not at college altogether, I would not reach my full potential. Sure I would achieve career success, however I would also lack in character. I have gotten spiritual growth from my college experience. With this, I have been able to live my life to its full potential; not lacking in academics, or in character.

I wish I had known more about the freshman living. If I would have had some previous knowledge, I could have put myself in an environment with students closer to my personality. Previously, I am living in a dorm that has a bad label and I feel like this prevents others from truly getting to know me as an individual. I also wish I could have known more about credit transfers, specifically how those courses would count for classes at Bethel.

I am currrently in my first year of college at Bethel University and so far my experience has been one that I will forever remember. Going into my first semester, I was a little hesitant as far as starting a new phase in my life. Within my first week, I began to relax and feel as though Bethel was a great fit for me. From there I was able to meet new friends and become a part of the Bethel community that I always seen myself being a part of. Not once have I regretted my decision on attending Bethel because I know this is the place that God has called me to be and I will take advantage of the opportunities that He will provide for me. So far I believe my experience at Bethel has made me a better person and has taught me so many things and this is why my time so far at Bethel is valuable.

As current student at Bethel, I would definitely say my favorite thing is the community among everyone and how we intensional intergrate faith into our learning. Through the learning process I have gained a greater understanding of the importance of serving others in the Bethel community and also reaching out to those outside of Bethel's walls.

I personally believe that Bethel isn't a College for certain people but rather a place where everyone will feel connected and find their place within the Body of Christ. Since Bethel is a Christian College then I do know that one should know and be a Christian.

Kelly

There has been many things that I have gootten out of my college experience. I have enjoyed every minute of it. When I look back sometimes in the moment it was hard to go through. I have learned to be able to manage my time better so that I am able to get my homework done ahead of time. I have become a better writer, thanks to my great professors. I have also learned how to communicate and relate well with others. Overall college has been a great time for me and I have learned a ton and I hope a lot more to come as well.

The worst thing about Bethel University would have to be the workout/weight room. I wish that it was bigger and had more machines. Overall I have enjoyed my time here at Bethel and there isnt much I would change about it.

Krista

This school offers optional chapel and is very Christian oriented. They also have a lot of internship opportunities and offer a January term. They also give a lot of credit for PSEO and AP classes so it is easy to graduate on time or early.

As a transfer student, I really appreciate the schools' efforts to get me hooked into campus life. I made a lot of friends in my very first week of school due to the welcome week crew that Bethel organized. Not only do I feel as though I have life long friends from this school, I also greatly appreciate the professors' efforts to get to know their students. My professors strive to make sure their students have opportunities to learn both in and outside their classes. The professors here are also very enthusiastic about their classes, and it definitely rubs off on the students. I also appreciate the effort my advisor puts into my interests and helps me figure out what I want to do for a career.

The athletics are very good and easy to attend. Everyone on campus is also very nice and friendly. I've never had to deal with theft of crime on campus. I feel ok leaving my belongings unattended. The dining service is pretty good and open to suggestions. Bethel also has shuttles that run every hour to Super Target and Rosedale mall.

Cody

With a couple exceptions, most of the students here want and are willing to learn. I think that's key in getting a good education

At this point, I'm only a freshman, but it's indescribable how much my faith has grown because of the fellowship here. Besides striving for good grades, I'm constantly encouraged to get into God's Word, for that's what really matters to me.

I would have liked to have known the soccer coach before I got here, since the old one resigned very early.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.