Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Jenie

I have to say the question of "What have I gotten out of my college experience?" is nothing short of a head scratcher. The first answer that comes to mind is "$15,000 in debt so far", but when I really sit down and analyze the question, it's more complicated than that. I have gotten a sense of self, purpose and control over my future. My parents immigrated from Haiti, and from an early age, education was presented as a privilage, not an option that can be left on the back burner. I didn't fully understand why I was always pushed to get an education, why it was so important to them. It wasn't until I was introduced to the real world, "College Life", that I began to comprehend. Education is literally a key. It opens doors, windows and anything else you can think of that is a passageway to something better. So I guess what I really have gotten out of my college experience is understanding. I understand what it means to have a dream, I understand what it means to want to achieve something, and I understand what it means to want something better.

Marisol

What I have learned throughout my college experience is to be responsible. For there are dead lines that have to be met in order for me to get my class projects turned in on time, and to get a passing grade. I have also learned to believe in myself since I have proven to myself that I am capable of going to college and getting good grades. The most valuable thing I have gotten from college so far is the fact that I am getting closer to accomplishing my goal of becoming a registered nurse.

First of all, I am receiving an amazing education, which is helping me to reach the career goals that I have set for myself. In addition to that, I am part of a great community which helps and inspires me daily to reach those goals. I am learning more than just in the classroom, but also learning a lot from interactions with other professors and students on my way there.

I love the location of the school, and just the general friendliness of everyone here!

This school is for someone who loves to be part of a welcoming community and make new friends everyday! It is a great Christian atmosphere where everyone can hold each other accountable, and have fun!

Alicia

Bethel is known for its strong Christian background and great community, as well as its academic programs. One major program at Bethel is Nursing, but I would say most of the programs are really great!

The community is absolutely wonderful and there is plenty of things one could be involved in. The Christian overtone at Bethel University is amazing and supportive, and very challenging at times, which is a good thing.

I have learned how to better communicate with people through writting and through speaking. I have gained considerable knowledge in many areas including science, history, religion, and politics from some of the courses I have taken thus far. The atmosphere of my college experience has been awesome, fun, and at times very challenging. I have been challenged academically, mentally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. It has been very valuable in that what I have learned and will learn will stay with me for the rest of my life. The skills I have acquired and the knowledge I am gaining will help not only my future, but also those with whom I will interact, in whichever career path I choose and in everyday life. I have thouroughly enjoyed my college experience and am so excited for all that is to come!

Janna

College, thus far, has been a journey. I have struggled with the tough classes, making new friends, my faith, and above all discovering myself. What I have learned so far is to never give up. Even when it feels as though nothing is going right, I must continue to trust God and lean on him for support. I have faced many challenges since coming to Bethel, but what I have "gotten out of this experience" is perseverance and hope. While I often stress about my grades, I am slowly beginning to realize that my GPA is not the most important thing in life. That is not to say that I am going to stop studying and turning in my work on time; but, there are many other things that are more valuable such as time spent with family and friends and growing in my relationship with Christ.

I wish I had realized how difficult some of the general classes are. Also, I wish I would have taken PSEO classes that would have transferred.

Because it is a "Private Christian School" it is always assumed that everyone there is a strong Christian. However, this is not always true. There are many people who struggle with their faith, but have to hide what they are actually feeling.

Bethel University is home to a great environment that fosters intellectual, social, and spiritual growth and provides great oppotunities to develop relationships with professors and other faculty and staff to promote learning and job and internship placement.

Choosing where to go to college was a hard decision, but I know that I have made the right choice. After attending Bethel Univeristy for a while, I know that I am in the right school. I have received many opportunities to perform leadership functions, enjoy great employment and relationships with my professors and participate in summer research at Bethel that I would not have been able to do at the other colleges that I applied to. Also, I have gained many great friends in my tightly knit community at Bethel that I know will be friends for life. This community has and will continue to push me towards positive personal and intellectual growth as I finish my time at Bethel. It has been fully worth the price that I have paid and I would not give it up for the world.

Bethel Univeristy likes to talk a lot about reconciliation, which is a good thing to discuss. However, I feel like the only version of reconcilation that is discussed is racial reconciliation, and usually the differences between whites and blacks. I think that they should also talk about other forms of racial reconciliation, as well as reconciliation within friendships or other relationships, which would also promote a more healthy environment to live in.

Elisabeth

Christian College, with an amazing community. You will not only gain an education, but you will grow in all areas of your life including, relationships and faith.

Someone who wants to gain more than an education.

Bethel is a rare place, I can not think of any of my other friends attending other colleges that have gotten as much support, love, and encouragement from the communities that they are involved in. All of the relationships that I have encountered here have helped me develop into the person that I am today. This has been the most valuable part of my college experiance at Bethel.

Annika

Being a new college student it has been a challenge at times, but I have been very blessed with the college I chose. Each faculty member is more than willing to accomodate any needs a student might have and they are very personable. Not only are the staff wonderful, but the academics are world renowned. I am a nursing major and am thankful to be part of one of the top programs in the nation. I love being challenged academically and Bethel has done just that for me. If I am challenged too hard, the professors are more than willing to help me improve. My parents have had the priviledge of meeting a couple of my professors and have very much enjoyed the visits.

The best thing I feel is the Christian atmosphere throughout the campus and the relationships that I have been able to form with my professors. The professors genuinely care about each of their students.

I have small frustrations being a new college student, but nothing that would cause me to transfer schools.

Dana

One day, my sister wore duct tape over her mouth that read "pro life". (she was going to wear this to high school, and not talk) Later that night, I read how Christians cannot merely scream at people about sin, or say what our opinions are. It's about spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's about LOVING women who are going through this. That night, I was at Substance church for worship service. At the end, they said the Lord had laid one topic on their hearts: abortion. My heart fell into my stomach. They wanted to reach out to anyone that was struggling with abortion; to encourage anyone that had one. They also said that they felt some people in the room had been called to make a difference with this issue. The worship leaders talked about showing the love of Jesus Christ to these women. I feel called to go out and volunteer. I am also considering switching my major to social work in order to better serve the women in need. It all started in CMI class. God definitely used this class to reveal to me what I have been called to.

Someone who does NOT want to meet amazing people, should not come to Bethel University. Also, if they donnot want to be challen be challeneged by their faith, and have Christian beliefs incorporated into their education, they should not attend. However, there is nothing else that should keep a student from attending Bethel University.

The Lord Jesus Christ is at work in this amazing community. This community of believers is centered around Christ. Although it is not perfect, and may needs improvements in some areas, there are some phenomenal things about this community. For example, chapel is 3 days a week, and it is not REQUIRED. Students attend of their own accord, which provides an atmosphere of worshipping with other students who truly want to be there. People are SO friendly, are always smiling and greeting you in the hallways. Friends are easy to make. Campus Ministries has a flourishing program. Resting in Christ.

Courtney

I have always been motivated. Motivated to get good grades, to excel in athletics, to perfrom well in fine arts, and be involved in as much as possible during highschool. Success was measured by how well I did and how many friends I had. Before leaving for college, I didn't realize there was a difference between motivation and passion. College has completely stripped me of my highschool securities, and I have been forced to answer the question, what am I living for? This is where passion steps in. I have realized there is more to life then the meaningless measurment of what I called success. Outside the bubble of my conservative, Christian life people are hurting. People are dying. Although I attend a Christian university, my eyes have been opened to the reality of this world. Thanks to the education I have recieved, and will continue to obtain at college, I can make a difference. Pursuing my nursing degree is one tangible way of helping those who need it most, and am also involed in Acting on AIDS. College has already changed my life and helped me realize there is far more to life then motivation; there is passion.

Someone who is driven academically and spiritually, and wants the challenge of growing immensely should attend Bethel. Many of the students here are active in surrounding communities, as well as the Bethel community. Those who are passionate about changing the world are presented with diverse and powerful opportunites to work in areas like poverty, sex trade, AIDS, and many other places of need. Not only do the students here learn about poignant issues in out culture today, but we also have the ability to act on it! If someone is up for this challenge, they too can experience the benefits.

Bethel requires high academic performance and the desire to work hard. If someone does not wish to work hard to gain good grades, I wouldn't recommend this institution. Also, Bethel's students are extremely motivated, typically by the desire to follow Christ. If someone does not have an open mind to learning about Jesus Christ, it probably isn't the best place to go to school.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.