Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Jonathan

I believe any kind of person should attend this institution, for education is what you make of it. If a student wants to assimilate with the trends and activities of predominate culture then it is easy, but if a student is willing to think for themselves and challenge the community that he/she lives in especially ones that is blind to the truth of society than that is my opinion. I won't discourage one to attend such an institution like this, but will make my responsibility to informed them and guide them about the dynamics of this institution.

There are many things that I have gotten out of my college experience at Bethel University, mainly a lot of social and mental things. I learned that many who call themselves Christians; don't act or live in a way that is reflecting the One they follow. I see a lot of "fakeness" and "talking the talk," it is sad to see that it has become an epidemic in the Bethel community. A lot of students, especially freshmen are caught up in trying to always have fun at other expense, instead of having fun by living out their faith and values. I learn that a person must choose their friends wisely, as well as continuously fighting to live out such a faith that is good and acceptable to God despite those bring negative influence upon your faith and life. I also learn that must truly take my education even more serious by going above and beyond in terms of the amount studying and reading for my courses. These were only some of the things that I took from my college experiences as of today.

The worst thing about my school is that there are too many students, particularly whom are white. i do not have a problem with white folks, but I do have a problem with people who are ignorant about race relations and as well as those whom have a false conscious about the society that they are living in, especially when Bethel is predominately white and located in a suburban area.

Xeng

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that I must prioritize myself in order to have a fun and successful time in college. My first semester started out hectic because I thought everything would just fall accordingly into the flow of things when I got use to it, but there was always something coming up that I just had to do. Hanging out with friends, intramurals, events in our Underground, and finals week. All this put together made my first semester fly all over the place. Towards the end however, I just couldn't take it anymore and I was seriuosly thinking about giving up. However, one of my professor told me to callm down and think my thoughts through, and sort my thoughts from important to less important. Of course homework came first because I am here to carve a future for myself and along with that my semester ended great. Prioritizing is the key or at least my key to success.

The best thing about Bethel is the community that gives its students a home away from home. Some universities are so disconnected with thier dorms but Bethel always have events going on whether it be study groups, homecoming, or intramurals, we the students are very involved.

The most frustrating thing about Bethel is kindness that everyone has towards each other. Its not a bad thing, but having this be a Christian University everyone watches thier words which leads to miscommunications leaving out what people actually want to say to express thier ideas.

Natalie

Many of my classmates are serious about their work; their persistence has encouraged me not only in class, but also in my relationship with God.

I am very blessed to be at Bethel University. As difficult as the transition into college was, being at Bethel has provided immense growth in my faith throughout these past months. For me, it is encouraging to have chapel in between classes to remind me about the perspectives in life. Also, to have a professor who cares for my success in courses and who encourages me with prayer before exams. Bethel University maintains excellence not only in academics, but in encouraging relationships with God. If I were not at Bethel, whether at another school, or not at college altogether, I would not reach my full potential. Sure I would achieve career success, however I would also lack in character. I have gotten spiritual growth from my college experience. With this, I have been able to live my life to its full potential; not lacking in academics, or in character.

I wish I had known more about the freshman living. If I would have had some previous knowledge, I could have put myself in an environment with students closer to my personality. Previously, I am living in a dorm that has a bad label and I feel like this prevents others from truly getting to know me as an individual. I also wish I could have known more about credit transfers, specifically how those courses would count for classes at Bethel.

I am currrently in my first year of college at Bethel University and so far my experience has been one that I will forever remember. Going into my first semester, I was a little hesitant as far as starting a new phase in my life. Within my first week, I began to relax and feel as though Bethel was a great fit for me. From there I was able to meet new friends and become a part of the Bethel community that I always seen myself being a part of. Not once have I regretted my decision on attending Bethel because I know this is the place that God has called me to be and I will take advantage of the opportunities that He will provide for me. So far I believe my experience at Bethel has made me a better person and has taught me so many things and this is why my time so far at Bethel is valuable.

As current student at Bethel, I would definitely say my favorite thing is the community among everyone and how we intensional intergrate faith into our learning. Through the learning process I have gained a greater understanding of the importance of serving others in the Bethel community and also reaching out to those outside of Bethel's walls.

I personally believe that Bethel isn't a College for certain people but rather a place where everyone will feel connected and find their place within the Body of Christ. Since Bethel is a Christian College then I do know that one should know and be a Christian.

Kelly

There has been many things that I have gootten out of my college experience. I have enjoyed every minute of it. When I look back sometimes in the moment it was hard to go through. I have learned to be able to manage my time better so that I am able to get my homework done ahead of time. I have become a better writer, thanks to my great professors. I have also learned how to communicate and relate well with others. Overall college has been a great time for me and I have learned a ton and I hope a lot more to come as well.

The worst thing about Bethel University would have to be the workout/weight room. I wish that it was bigger and had more machines. Overall I have enjoyed my time here at Bethel and there isnt much I would change about it.

Krista

This school offers optional chapel and is very Christian oriented. They also have a lot of internship opportunities and offer a January term. They also give a lot of credit for PSEO and AP classes so it is easy to graduate on time or early.

As a transfer student, I really appreciate the schools' efforts to get me hooked into campus life. I made a lot of friends in my very first week of school due to the welcome week crew that Bethel organized. Not only do I feel as though I have life long friends from this school, I also greatly appreciate the professors' efforts to get to know their students. My professors strive to make sure their students have opportunities to learn both in and outside their classes. The professors here are also very enthusiastic about their classes, and it definitely rubs off on the students. I also appreciate the effort my advisor puts into my interests and helps me figure out what I want to do for a career.

The athletics are very good and easy to attend. Everyone on campus is also very nice and friendly. I've never had to deal with theft of crime on campus. I feel ok leaving my belongings unattended. The dining service is pretty good and open to suggestions. Bethel also has shuttles that run every hour to Super Target and Rosedale mall.

Cody

With a couple exceptions, most of the students here want and are willing to learn. I think that's key in getting a good education

At this point, I'm only a freshman, but it's indescribable how much my faith has grown because of the fellowship here. Besides striving for good grades, I'm constantly encouraged to get into God's Word, for that's what really matters to me.

I would have liked to have known the soccer coach before I got here, since the old one resigned very early.

Ella

I started community college during my senior year of high school and I immediately started to appreciate my education as more than an obligation. I developed new interests and cultivated and enhanced older ones in my classes. I especially figured out where my strengths were and the politics of high school weren't there, which made it easier for me to focus on doing well. My classes gave me a completely different perspective on a variety of aspects of my own life and it definitely made it seem easier when I left after I graduated and went to a four-year university. I didn't do as well because the school was not a good fit, and now I'm back at community college this semester. I do think it is easier to get a high quality education in a setting like community college, because for the most part students are there because they want to be pursuing their education. In addition, many of the professors are not primarily teachers and have a more interesting and valuable set of knowledge since their career or work experience allows them to teach from more than a textbook.

Kaitlin

My classmates are all very respectful and kind students who love to learn, discover, and live their lives to the fullest, while being concientious of their teachers, their classmates, their families, and God.

I have learned so much from my college experience. Being here at Bethel has completely expanded my horizons and brought me into a world of faith and academics that I had never known before. I have learned things about myself, including my academic capabilities, many talents I did not know I had and how I relate to others, and and also many things about the world we live in. I have learned that there is so much more to this world than a small house in a small town and I am so excited to participate and engage more in this world outside my comfort zone. College has also changed my personality in many different ways. I have come out of my shell and met many new people and had many new and positive experiences. I have gained confidence both in my social abilities and in my academic abilities and I am looking forward to more positive changes and experiences in the years to come.

Anyone, really, would be welcome at Bethel, but the kind of student that should attend here is one that would be truly ready and willing to work hard for their education as well as being a person who is open to new ideas and expanding their world.

Belle

Bethel is a community. We work together with one another to push each other towards our highest caliber. Bethel professors get to know their students, they care about who we are as individuals. They are not just worried about grades, but how well we grasp a concept.

I begin my second semester of college on monday. So far the experience has been phenomenal! It has been such a valuable experience for me, in that I have learned how to live in harmony with others. It has taught me to be more responsible for my own education. It has shown me more about myself than any experience I have had prior. If I were not at college this year I would be at home working. I would be living in my parents sheltered home, missing out on all of the experiences that come along with College.

The best part about Bethel is the environment. Students here are not focused on paryting, they are focused on their education and how to best honor God through there education. It is an environment of encouragement where we all work together.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.