Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Cody

With a couple exceptions, most of the students here want and are willing to learn. I think that's key in getting a good education

At this point, I'm only a freshman, but it's indescribable how much my faith has grown because of the fellowship here. Besides striving for good grades, I'm constantly encouraged to get into God's Word, for that's what really matters to me.

I would have liked to have known the soccer coach before I got here, since the old one resigned very early.

Ella

I started community college during my senior year of high school and I immediately started to appreciate my education as more than an obligation. I developed new interests and cultivated and enhanced older ones in my classes. I especially figured out where my strengths were and the politics of high school weren't there, which made it easier for me to focus on doing well. My classes gave me a completely different perspective on a variety of aspects of my own life and it definitely made it seem easier when I left after I graduated and went to a four-year university. I didn't do as well because the school was not a good fit, and now I'm back at community college this semester. I do think it is easier to get a high quality education in a setting like community college, because for the most part students are there because they want to be pursuing their education. In addition, many of the professors are not primarily teachers and have a more interesting and valuable set of knowledge since their career or work experience allows them to teach from more than a textbook.

Kaitlin

My classmates are all very respectful and kind students who love to learn, discover, and live their lives to the fullest, while being concientious of their teachers, their classmates, their families, and God.

I have learned so much from my college experience. Being here at Bethel has completely expanded my horizons and brought me into a world of faith and academics that I had never known before. I have learned things about myself, including my academic capabilities, many talents I did not know I had and how I relate to others, and and also many things about the world we live in. I have learned that there is so much more to this world than a small house in a small town and I am so excited to participate and engage more in this world outside my comfort zone. College has also changed my personality in many different ways. I have come out of my shell and met many new people and had many new and positive experiences. I have gained confidence both in my social abilities and in my academic abilities and I am looking forward to more positive changes and experiences in the years to come.

Anyone, really, would be welcome at Bethel, but the kind of student that should attend here is one that would be truly ready and willing to work hard for their education as well as being a person who is open to new ideas and expanding their world.

Belle

Bethel is a community. We work together with one another to push each other towards our highest caliber. Bethel professors get to know their students, they care about who we are as individuals. They are not just worried about grades, but how well we grasp a concept.

I begin my second semester of college on monday. So far the experience has been phenomenal! It has been such a valuable experience for me, in that I have learned how to live in harmony with others. It has taught me to be more responsible for my own education. It has shown me more about myself than any experience I have had prior. If I were not at college this year I would be at home working. I would be living in my parents sheltered home, missing out on all of the experiences that come along with College.

The best part about Bethel is the environment. Students here are not focused on paryting, they are focused on their education and how to best honor God through there education. It is an environment of encouragement where we all work together.

Matt

Going into my third semester at Lehigh Carbon Community College, I have learned a lot about how to succeed in college. Transitioning from high school to college is not easy. I had a lot more studying and work. I had to learn to organize my day and learn new study skills. Living at home allows me to focus more on my academics than my social life. Going to LCCC has allowed me to take different courses to figure out what I want to major in without worrying about wasting credits and money. When I transfer, I will feel confident that I can balance my social life with academics. My goal is to make lots of friends and go to parties each weekend, while maintaining a minimum 3.5 GPA. My parents and my friends are skeptical, but I will prove them wrong.

Bethel has very approachable professors. They are available for personal meetings and eager to help us students get the most out of our experience in their classes. I have very much appreciated this in my more difficult classes. I don't just feel like a number, the professors refer to me by name and try to get to know me. Yet I don't feel like I am in a super small environment either. I meet new people every week and still don't know most of the people I see here! It's the perfect size for me.

One year ago, I decided that I was going to attend Bethel University for the 2010-2011 school year. Now, Looking back on my first semester of college, I see growth in my study skills, people skills, and development of my own identity. College classes rightly have a higher expectation for performance and class participation. I've learned that we all have different learning styles and must find which works best for us. Socializing has taken a new turn in college as well. There are people around everywhere, and many new friends to meet. I'm learning how to live with people with different values and perspectives than myself. I have learned the value of balancing my studies and my socializing. I have also had to determine when the two can and cannot mix. Lastly, I've been able to better develop and understand my own personal identity. I've had to make decisions on what my values are, what my priorities are, what I believe and why I believe it, and what I am going to stand for. I am discovering the strenths and joys of being myself while learning from my peers and their life experiences.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cost. Bethel is great about doing whatever they can to make studying and living here affordable, and they do a great job. But books, meals, classes, and living do add up. I'd suggest looking in to as many scholarships and financial aid as possible. Things come together, and if God wants us here, he'll make it work out. The price can be stressful at times though.

Sara

The average Bethel student is a upper-middle-class, white, conservative, evangelical Christian and from the Midwest.

I've gotten an incredible amount of knowledge in how to relate to others who are different than me. Skin color and class-wise, I'm the same as most people here, but my life experiences have given my ideals and ideas that go against the norm of my college's culture. From this, I have learned to articulate and argue for what I believe when conversing with others, and to listen to people who don't agree with me. I've learned to recognize bias in both what is presented to me in class, and in my own work and viewpoints. Also, I'm learning to find points of common ground between people who see things differnently than I do. This experience has sharpened my communication skills and given me valuble experience that will serve me well in the workforce. Everyday, I'm forced to re-evaluate what I believe and why I believe it as well as articulate my thoughts to others in a clam manner. These skills that I'm gaining are priceless, and worth the price of tuition.

That the campus life is radically different than most other colleges. It's hard, because I feel like I'm living in an Evangelical Christian bubble most of the time - perspectives aren't that varied, and most everyone has a similar story. Political views are largely conservative, and sometimes I feel like I'm getting biased information from others. I came to Bethel from a secular public high school, and the social life, information presented, and attitude of the students is very different. I wish I had known that.

Cody

I have gotten many things out of my college experience, but here are a few main ones. A sense of how to be an individual that fits into a community. Cliche as it sounds, I am quite special, even if in a small way. Everyone is. What I've learned is that we can all be our own special person while still fitting into our community. One does not have to change who they are to do well with others, or to succeed within a group. Just as puzzle pieces are not meant to be cut or deformed to fit in, neither are people. A deep sense of self commitment and responsibility is another lesson learned. What I do is for myself, and for God. I cannot mainly relay on outside factors to motivate me, for they can disappear as quickly as they came. I will always be here for myself, as will God. This is important to "succeed." Another important lesson is dedication to what I start and what I do. Hard work, persistance and loyalty all combine well with life's journey. Learning to do well at what one does is key in happiness. These are my lessons.

Those that do not mind/are looking for a religious experience coupled with intense study loads. The typical Bethel University student is active in at least one extra-curricular activity, or is constantly with a group of people, whether it be to simply hang out or to study for classes. An incoming student should be wary, Bethel University is not a place that will grow your religion unless you want to be grown. Bethel provides the soil, but one must seek after their own water and light, being Jesus Christ. Religiously, and academically, it is not a free ride.

The worst thing about my school is the amount of money that I must put into it. Admittedly, I was not the best high school student, and did not try my absolute best. The same still applies, but not as much. With that said, I do not gain the best scholarships. On the other hand, my roommate, a straight 4.0 high school GPA and recently just lost his 4.0 college GPA does not have more than a few thousand dollars more than me in the scholarship departement. Most students here are not destined for high paying jobs, inconvientiently.

Josiah

Classmates are fun, energetic, easy to get along with, have great attitudes, but also are hard working, disciplined, and work their hardest for a good education.

My education here has really opened my eyes to the person that I am right now and the type of person that I want to become. It has given me a broad knowledge of all subjects and given me respect for the fields of study that I wasn't familiar with and the fields that I thought were boring and lame. Recently, I have been learning how to become a whole person in Christ in order to benefit my family, friends, colleagues, and people I don't particularly know. It has been a valuable and enriching experience during my freshman year.

Anyone can attend this school if they want. Everyone their is very welcoming no matter who you are or what your background is.

Katarina

Bethel University is an amazing private christian school, that is giving students a well rounded education, and are also working for the good of the community, both spiritually, physically, and practically.

What I have gotten out of my college experience? Well so far it has been amazing, I have met new people, of various races. I have developed friendships with many. My school work is going well, the teachers do their best to keep you focus on task, and motivated. The community at Bethel surrounds me when I need it to, it brings students through difficult times and it allows students to grow academically, and spiritually. Bethel University is a college of intergity, honor, and faith, and it teaches its students to be like wise.

The environment that surrounds the life style at Bethel. The people here focus of what God wants them to do, and they interact with others in loving and caring ways. Also the academic aspect of Bethel is very well put together.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.