Bethel University-Saint Paul

« See more reviews of Bethel University-Saint Paul

Structurally speaking, Bethel is distinctive in the sense that all of their academic buildings are connected to make one huge building. This structure seems a bit odd at first, but it is very helpful when Minnesota winters come around. On a different level, Bethel is set apart by how it accommodates for studying abroad. Bethel has eliminated so many hoops to jump through, thus making studying abroad as possible and as stress free as it can be in college. I have come to appreciate all of the help they have provided to make such a dream come true.

Something that is unique about Bethel is we are a Christian Liberal Arts University, meaning you can basically major in whatever but it is unique in the sense that our faith is integrated in our education. With our general education requirements we become well rounded in various subject areas and our faith can apply in those areas as well. I liked this about Bethel, because as a Christian it is hard to find way to make your faith your way of life, and by learning more about Christianity as well as integrating it into my education i can do that .

I want to be a teacher when I graduate, and my school offers some great opportunities in that field: a great reputation with secondary and elementary schools, highly qualified and experienced professors, and licensure in a variety of fields directly upon graduation. In education classes, field experience is a big part of learning. During Intro to Education, I was placed in a high school in the surrounding metro area. That was an excellent sign to me that this university places a high value on practical skills, at least in the education major.

Bethel University focuses on making sure you have every tool at your disposal in order to not only succeed and grow at your chosen profession but also in life. Students who come to Bethel get a very well rounded education and every opportunity to try different options in many fields in order to be sure they are entering the profession that suits them best. Bethel's professors are there to help students learn and are actively involved in making sure students have the tools they need to succeed.

Bethel has very approachable professors. They are available for personal meetings and eager to help us students get the most out of our experience in their classes. I have very much appreciated this in my more difficult classes. I don't just feel like a number, the professors refer to me by name and try to get to know me. Yet I don't feel like I am in a super small environment either. I meet new people every week and still don't know most of the people I see here! It's the perfect size for me.

I loved the environment of Bethel University compared to the other schools that I visited. I also wanted a place that would fit well with my background and challenge my both academically and spiritually. What especially stuck out to me was the wide variety of organizations that one could get involved in. I also loved how during the first week which is named Welcome Week, as a freshman you start to feel at home and make connections with other people.

Bethel University is a very unique school. It combines God and learning in the same atmosphere. Bethel wants you to grow spiritually as well as intellectually. Bethel is a small college, but that’s never a bad thing. Bethel’s class sizes are small so you get tons of one on one time with you teachers. It’s really cool to see a teacher in the hallway and they know your name. Bethel is so unique, it’s a fantastic college to attend.

Bethel has an amazing community of people that are striving to engage with each other as well as with their faith. Bethel is centered around values of reconciliation and being whole and holy people. Bethel is also situated in a suburb of St Paul and therefore I am able to go to the city and find things to do as well as escape from the busy lifestyle. Bethel has high academics and is respected around the area.

Bethel University has a strong emphasis on community and working together as a community. There is a wide range of support both fromal and informal that help students get the encouragement and support they need to succeed. The professors are truly amazing, one of which is in the top 12 textual critics in the world! Many other professors have written books and are widely known in their respective communities.

Bethel University is unique in that every student that wants to attend this University must sign a covenant. This covenant helps ensure that each student is held responsible for living a Christian lifestyle. Meaning, there is no tobacco use, alcohol or sex. I love this aspect of Bethel because we all ahve that in common; we want to live the best lives we can. The lives God made us to live.