Bethel University-Saint Paul

« See more reviews of Bethel University-Saint Paul

I thrived there. It was such a source of community. Many solid friendships were formed and I was never bored. I love my degree; it was perfect for me. I appreciated learning in an interactive way with hands-on projects. Professors were always available; they not only made their contact information easily accessible, but they would invite classes over to their houses, and even mentor some students. I also appreciated all of the amazing study abroad programs available. I don't know very many people from Bethel who haven't studied abroad at least once. I went to Europe, myself.

It is a small campus that promotes a feeling of community and family. The class sizes range from 10 to 30, which is really great for getting extra help and for meeting new people. Since the classes are so small, professors take the time to get to know each student and are willing to meet with the students at any time. Emphasis on faith and incorporating Christ in our classes also adds to the community feeling. Everyone cares about each other and it is evident that family, friends, and a great education is at the top of Bethel's list!

Coincidentally, I brag about Bethel's willingness to counter the student's extreme right political and religious beliefs. Many students come from rich, suburban conservative households. Bethel makes a conscious effort to broaden their student's perspectives by providing many different views on world events, politicalized chapel speakers, and more liberal Christian beliefs. I brag about how Bethel actually intentionally frustrates their students into actually analyzing their community, religion, and political leaders.

I really enjoy the academics. As a nursing major, the work is difficult, but challenging in a good way. The professors push you to do your best, and sometimes the work load seems impossible, but you learn a lot. I have taken some other classes (not nursing related) that have been much more relaxed, but still conducive to a lot of learning. Some of the discussion based classes are my favorite, because you see things from many different perspectives.

I tell my friends what an amazing atmosphere there is at Bethel, the Christian fellowship and welcoming community is unbeatable. I love the social scene on campus and all of the wonderful people that make Bethel feel like a family instead of a school. The most important aspect though is how Bethel encourages and helps me in my faith. this is something truly special that I doubt can be found anywhere else. Bethel is truly the complete package!

It is a fun atmosphere. It is fun when it is warm out since everyone always hangs outside, walking around the lake, or playing frisbee golf or attempting to do their homework outside. There is even sometimes a group of guys that play croquet on the school lawn. That is when I feel like I sense the strongest sense of community. There is awesome people who go to Bethel I have meet several guys and girls that are geniunely nice and good people.

The thing i brag to my friends about most is almost everything! How everyone is so nice and caring and how the proffesors are there to help you and actually remember your name. The food is really good and they always have student run activitys going on. They keep you busy and involved, but also dont force it on you. The classes are fun and i have already learned a ton. I also like that our dorms and classes are all pretty close to eachother.

How good the nursing program is. I tell them that the faculty has the best intrest of the students and that they are eager to help them grow both spiritually and acedemically, as well as personally! Our school provides a holistic approach to care for each individual person, and that is why I love it at Bethel. We also have great extra cirricular activites and are near to almost everything, including down town, which can be really fun!!

The thing that I brag about most to my friends is that you should always do as best as you can when you are in high school because you only get one shot on coming to college and you don't want to pass up the great opportunity. I tell them what it's like being in college, how heavy the course work load is, what there is to do for fun, how the food is and above all how the message of God speaks thoruhgout all of our hearts here.

The people are amazing. They are extremely welcoming and open. If you screw something up or feel bad, there is always someone willing to talk to you. People have opinions, but most just want to have a pleasant college experience. The professors are amazing and know your name. Class schedules are very flexible and helpful overall. This school has a good life for commuters as well which often doesn't happen other places.