Bethel University-Saint Paul

« See more reviews of Bethel University-Saint Paul

In all truth, anyone could could come to Bethel University and receive a quality education. Though this school is a Christian university, and unshamedly so. An individual who does not enjoy a Christian atmosphere and does desire a personal relationship with Jesus Christ may not enjoy coming to this universtiy. However, that is not to say they should not come here, or that they would not be accepted by the community here. It would be difficult for them to recieve all the wonderful things that Bethel University has to offer.

Someone who shouldn't attend this school is someone who wants to sit and play games on their laptops in a large lecture. Many of the proffesors at Bethel don't allow laptops as not to distract other students, and the ones who do usually hace small enough classes where one could not get away with playing games. Bethel is also not a place for someone who doesn't want to grow and just wants to slip through college unoticed, not to gain life experience and friendships but just to get a degree.

If a person is not a spiritual person, they will not want to consider Bethel. Here at Bethel, religion is integrated into everything we do here. Religion is important to most of Bethel’s students, and they do not want someone to come to Bethel and be negative about religion. Students are here to grow spiritually as well as intellectually, and they put God first, it is important that everyone who attends Bethel feel the same way, so we can grow as a community.

I don't think there's any "type" that shouldn't attend Bethel University, but if one isn't interested in any of the majors and study programs offered, then he or she should not attend the school. Academics and the education program were specific reasons that went into choosing Bethel University as the school for me. I think those are some of the most important, if not the most important, reasons to choose a school.

To be honest, people that don't have an active faith or who don't believe in God at all would have difficulty here. As it is a Christian school it would be difficult if you weren't a Christian (you have to sign a covenant saying that you believe in God and such). Also I find that someone who isn't serious about their faith might easily slip in and out without allowing God to really change their life.

Bethel requires high academic performance and the desire to work hard. If someone does not wish to work hard to gain good grades, I wouldn't recommend this institution. Also, Bethel's students are extremely motivated, typically by the desire to follow Christ. If someone does not have an open mind to learning about Jesus Christ, it probably isn't the best place to go to school.

Those who are looking for a party school should not consider Bethel. Bethel University offers a uniquely Christian atmosphere that discourages immoral behavior such as having sex outside of marriage, getting drunk, or doing drugs. At Bethel, the students, staff, and faculty all strive create a place that encourages good behavior and defeats bad behavior.

People who are not looking to engage with others or the Christian faith should not attend this school. Also people who are not willing to work hard and interact with their courses on a critical level should not attend Bethel. Students who are looking to drink alcohol and be a part of the fraternity/sorority scene should not come to Bethel.

Someone who does NOT want to meet amazing people, should not come to Bethel University. Also, if they donnot want to be challen be challeneged by their faith, and have Christian beliefs incorporated into their education, they should not attend. However, there is nothing else that should keep a student from attending Bethel University.

The people who need not apply are students who are not serious about their commitments. Bethel requires all students to read and sign a "covenant for life together" and if they do not agree, they shouldn't sign- much like they shouldn't sign a legal document that they do not agree with.