Bethel University-Saint Paul

« See more reviews of Bethel University-Saint Paul

The best thing about Bethel Unversity is also it's bane - their "friendly atmosphere." Due to their religious emphasis, Bethel often times focuses on the community aspect of college. Meaning, friendships, Christianity, and a "tight" community are their initial main focus for students. What ends up happening is many other aspects of the college experience is lost (i.e. academic focus). Additionally, students develop a plethora of shallow relationships and lack a long lasting and deep relationship with peers. However, the abundance of shallow relationships makes the campus feel more interconnected.

The Lord Jesus Christ is at work in this amazing community. This community of believers is centered around Christ. Although it is not perfect, and may needs improvements in some areas, there are some phenomenal things about this community. For example, chapel is 3 days a week, and it is not REQUIRED. Students attend of their own accord, which provides an atmosphere of worshipping with other students who truly want to be there. People are SO friendly, are always smiling and greeting you in the hallways. Friends are easy to make. Campus Ministries has a flourishing program. Resting in Christ.

Bethel University is a very supportive community in terms of students' academic and spiritually life. When you get to know the school and the professors, you will realize there are so many opportunities and resources. Speaking from a minority student's stand point, I feel that the school is doing a good job supporting its ethnic students through a 3-day welcome week program called Navigators, mentor-mentee program, and different cultural activities. It is comforting for me to know that there is a strong supporting system and so many opportunities for me as a minority student.

The best thing about my school is that it offers so much support to the students. The living situations are community based and have resident assistants (RAs) who really care about the individual. There is a lot of opportunity to become involved on campus. There are many ways to get involved in things that the student is interested in. It is very easy to join clubs or even create new ones. The support offered from the professors is beyond what is expected. They care so much about the students and it is truely seen here at Bethel University.

The best thing that I consider about my school is having the personal relationship with God. You are here to learn, but more importantly you are trying to establish a great bonding connection with the Lord King. Chapel and Vespers engages students in ways that you can't even imagine. A lot of other things come to mind when I talk about my school (i.e. having great people on my floor who are like brothers to me, having a great RA, having the profound sense that I am in a close-knit community where everyone generally seems to care.)

I condsider the best thing about Bethel University its Christian atmosphere. Whether you are in the classroom, in the dining center, or part of a sporting event, you can trust the the students, faculty, and staff are doing their best to represent Jesus Christ by their words, thoughts, and deeds. Through chapel, campus activities, and prayer in the classroom, students have plenty of opportunities to grow in their faith and live out their beliefs. This is what makes Bethel a friendly, safe, and God-glorifying university.

The best thing about Bethel University are its professors. The professors genuinely care not only about their students passing their class, but also about them as individuals. Their doors are always open for students to ask questions about class material and life in general. They want to develop a relationship with their students not only in but outside of the classroom. I know that if I have questions about absolutely anything I can go to any professors office and they would be glad to help me.

The atmosphere at Bethel University is without a doubt one of its greatest strengths. The student body is made of all around great people.; they're all kind, honorable, loving people. The faculty is incredible as well. Their genuine care for students and their education is obvious, and the relationships formed with them are truly mentoring friendships. We are all here for each other at Bethel University. That, in my opinion, is what sets us apart from many other educational institutions.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the relationships and the guidance that can be formed so easily. Our dorms are close to each other, which makes it perfect for interaction to happen. Also, freshmen are not allowed to have cars, so they can find many other fun things to do during the weekends. I have already formed friendships that I know will last my lifetime. Also, the guidance by the counselors is invaluable. They really listen to you and what you want to do with your life.

The spiritual aspect is integrated into every part of the school. The first thing my professor did in my first class here was pray for us. In cross country running, and I'm sure it's the same for all the other sports, our coach prays for us before workouts and races. Another thing we do as a team is team devotionals every week. I feel like this is a place where my faith can be nurtured. Bethel also encourages study abroad so your faith and boundaries can be stretched in new situations.