Bethel University-Saint Paul Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bethel University-Saint Paul

jenna

As a whole I believe Bethel University is a great school. This year I am a freshman living on campus and though I know it is different from past years in a variety of ways I don't know the difference. Yes there may be a few new rules such as masks and keeping a 6ft distance from others but, this is the new normal and I think Bethel is keeping us safe. I think the COVID-19 response and the maintenance is amazing. They have countless hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipe stations in the main buildings is great. Knowing that they are doing the best they can with the hand that the world has been dealt is amazing. They also have a variety of on campus jobs you can apply for as well.

I am content with my college choice. The teachers, faculty and other students genuinely care about you as a person and a student and are responsive to your needs. It is comforting to have fellow Christians around. There are plenty of options of where to get meals: an on-campus coffee shop, a grill, and a dining center. The coffee shop and the grill have enough options that are fairly high quality. The dining center has great food and many options but consistently repeat meals. As for the dorms, the freshmen are limited to the stereotypical college dorm while the other students get to choose from dorms that are apartment style. My only criticisms of Bethel University is that there are not enough on campus clubs and activities and the freshmen are forced to have an unreasonable amount of meals that are impossible to finish. The leftover meal points is money that the students give to the school that is not given back to the student at the end of the year which is a waste of money.

Mackenzie

When I first decided I was going to attend Bethel University, I had no idea what I was getting into. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I've met so many new people, and I've made some friendships that I know will last a lifetime. There are so many things you can do at Bethel! There are lot's of clubs to join, and intramural sports are really popular. Bethel is always hosting fun activities on the weekends, to give you a way to meet new people, and have fun while doing it. The food on campus is really great. Whenever I have friends from other colleges come to visit me, they always comment on how great the food is! Bethel also just built a brand new wellness center, that is definitely state of the art. Overall, there is something on campus for everyone to enjoy, and you won't regret your decision on attending this university!

Marla

Bethel is incredible. I have loved my experience here. I have been deeply surprised and impressed the professors. They are deeply passionate and incredibly caring. I already have a few that I would consider good friends. Bethel also provides an extensive liberal arts education. I love it, but I have a variety of interests. I have enjoyed almost all of my general education courses, however some with more specific interests/passions view them as a waste of time/money. The faith community here is rich. I doubted its authenticity from the moment I stepped on campus, but I have been proven wrong. The majority of Bethel students are pursuing God and deepening their relationship with Him in a variety of ways. We are encouraged to grow and question together. The experience has been invaluable. I don't want to leave.

Shavonnah

Bethel University is a great college. I think there are things that the college could do to help people get more involved with the community, but otherwise Bethel is the best choice I made. I defiantly would recommend Bethel University to anyone who wants to better understand God and live like a community.

Caitlin

I am a part of the CAPS program and am very impressed by the structure of the courses. I am techno stupid, but even I can understand the set up of the classes and even if I can't they have plenty of resources to break it down. Professors are understanding and HUMAN. Courses are sometimes challenging, but always feel relevant and my peers seem genuinely interested in participating the classes, too.

Lily

Bethel University is a phenomenal school for nursing students. The class sizes are large considering the size of the school but still significantly smaller than other schools. The professors are wonderful and approachable. The academics is rigorous but manageable and there are tons of opportunities in which you can get involved. This school is a wonderful choice for Christians as well - since there are chapel services three times a week and Sunday night worship. I even went on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic over spring break. Overall, this school was a perfect choice for me.

Leah

Bethel University is a place that can have a very loud and liberal opinion on topics such as the BLM and LGBTQ groups. The loudness does not make the group larger, however, because there are those who disagree or have the same opinions, but do not yell it in anger. Bethel has amazing programs and the staff makes sure you are guided in the right path of where you are meant to be. They have high expectations, but that is only because they want their students to be the best they can be and receive great opportunities post graduation. When planning the fours years or more at Bethel, they have a staff member assigned to each student to help guide them through a four-year plan. They do a great job at making sure the students are prepared for what is to come. Their over-all campus is absolutely beautiful. It is a large campus, with large amounts of trees and other greenery. The buildings are all right next to each other, providing shorter walks so there is no need to hurry from one class to the next. The majority of the buildings are connected by a skywalk or tunnels, that way students can avoid entering either frigid or stormy weather. Faculty and staff are usually very kind and open to discussion. They want all the students to understand and to not only learn, but to feel the impact and be inspired by it. One problem is that some of the staff are the reason as to why there is tension when it comes to BLM or LGBTQ. For example when President Trump was elected, staff along with some students wore black as if to "mourn" for our country. That is something I find irresponsible and unprofessional. However, like I said earlier, there is some staff who are very open to a non-judgmental discussion about topics such as these or similar to them. Bethel University has it's flaws, but is a great school that gets you to where you need to be in life after college. Tuition may be incredibly high, but for some it may be worth it.

Bethel has a very safe and energetic student body. We are at school to learn more about our major, life, faith, and community. We highly value our faith and the community that we involve ourselves with on campus. Bethel is very welcoming and encouraging to people of all backgrounds. I love Bethel and would like to share my school with people from across the globe.

Anna

Bethel is one of the most beautiful college campuses that I've ever toured! Its buildings are well kept, clean, and updated. Students seem extremely friendly and outgoing. Teachers and staff are also there to help at any point. The campus feels very secluded and safe. Even though it's in the middle of a city you feel if you are in a small, rural town. A+ college all around.

Zekiel

I am not a fan of the size of the school. I do not want to know every single person that I walk past. I also think that the food there starts off great but the options deteriorate as the semester goes on. The freshman dorms are pretty gross but sophomore is nice. Very very few professors to chose from so if you do not fit well with the professor you are out of luck.

Aimee

What to say about Bethel University, oh my the possibilities are endless. The faculty is held to high standards and the academics are rigorous, informed, and really aid students in their transition into careers. Most departments are well funded which helps teachers teach well and encourage student learning outside the classroom too, especially in the art department. Great place to get you into the field you want !

Tanner

Bethel is a good school academically, however it has created a sub-culture in it of itself and it is hard to escape the sub culture. In other words, if you do not fit the mold of this sub-culture, it is hard to feel like you belong to this school. It feels like a suitcase college that wishes it wasn't, and they think the school is better than it actually is.

grace

I adore Bethel University! I will be an incoming freshmen fall 2018, and I could not be more excited to be apart of the Royal nation. Everyday I realize how blessed I am to be attending Bethel in the fall and I cannot wait to see God's plans for me there. Bethel is my dream school and it already feels like my home and family.

Philip

After completing my first year at Bethel University, I found that it is an AMAZING college. Bethel has amazing professors who care deeply about each students' success. For example, I had a calculus professor who changed my fear of math into a passion... and I could give a similar story for every professor. Bethel University happens to be a Christian school, and this can be both a good and bad thing. The bad part is, you don't necessarily get exposed to very different viewpoints and cultures. The good part is, students are typically very kind, and you can feel safe leaving your possessions unattended for more than 30 seconds!

Brad

Good schools with great professors

It is a school that provides great opportunities, strong academics and strives to serve students well. I have enjoyed my time here so far! The professors are easy to get ahold of and truly desire for us to do well. The nursing program is quite competitive and a strong program.

Katherine

My overall opinion of Bethel University is that it is considered home to me. It is a place where you are able to meet new people and not just make friends but family. The faculty truly cares about the students they teach, and they take their teaching very seriously. Even though I have only attended Bethel Unversity for a semester, I never want to leave. I want to tell my kids and grandkids about this school because of how much it has already impacted me. I was very scared to attend taken that it is located in Minnesota, and I reside in Missouri. But after the first week, I already had met so many new people and had truly made some amazing relationships. Bethel University has already changed the way I view my life and my faith. I am able to openly speak about Jesus and it is so refreshing. If I could describe Bethel in one word it would be community. There is no place that will make you feel as loved or comforted as Bethel can. I love the school I attend and I can't wait to share my experiences with the ones around me.

Travis

It is expensive, but it is the best decision I have made in choosing here. I enjoy the academics to the extent they can be enjoyed, but it is great that professors know people and really want to help us learn. The food is really good too, but portions can get a bit meh on. Overall, I love it here however.

Hailey La

I love Bethel and the community that I have never had before coming to this school. Everyone from your classes and who you see all say "Hi" to each other in the hall, even when we do not know each other that well yet, but out motto is that saying hi leads to more conversation and we are all about conversation at Bethel University. The community is only one aspect of why I love this school. I love that there are so many opportunities to get help with school work and that there is a smaller class size, small enough to figure out everyone's name. I also enjoy the challenge my classes and my professors bring me.

Catherine

In my opinion, Bethel University is a great university for the adult non-traditional student. They offer multiple online programs which makes attending a university while working and living your life accessible to all. They offer bachelor and graduate programs.

I truthfully couldn't be happier at Bethel. I was nervous at first that I wouldn't find my type of people while at a Christian university, but during the first week of school I met the most amazing, Christ loving people who inspire me to be better in every way. The only complaint I have about Bethel would be that the majority of students go home every weekend, which alters the "college experience" for me.

Shannon

AWESOME! The people, in my view; make Bethel University awesome. Beginning with the football coaching staff. I'm a native Floridian. I was a pretty good football athlete in high school, and was being recruited by multiple colleges around the country - and attended plenty of recruiting visits to those schools. And then, I went to Bethel. The itinerary I was given for my visit was specific to me. The tour I was given was thorough and I didn't feel rushed when I had questions. The head coach and his assistance spoke eloquently and honestly. The players shared their experiences and their way of life at Bethel and on the football team in general. And, it made me want to be a part of it all. Prior to my visit, and being a Florida native; going to Minnesota was not a top priority especially to play football-outdoors. And, I had better financial offers to attend other schools. However, Bethel ultimately prevailed; and now I'm a student/athlete there. The coaches continues to be fair, my teammates are supportive. And, the team is really good. The professors are assessible and helpful, and the Bible scriptures imbedded all over campus are comforting. In the beginning I wanted to be there, now I need to be here.

Lindsay

Bethel University has been an amazing place for me to grow. The environment is truly one of a kind. I have never been involved in a group that could be as uplifting as my peers at Bethel. They push me to take risks and learn who I really am, all while showing the love of Jesus Christ.

Leonardo

I believe that Bethel as a whole does a great job at sheltering their community so that they only get the experience that the Bethel Faculty and Staff want them to. although they have a good Christian view on most things, often is the case that the views are pushed upon the students when it should be a choice if you want to take those views as your own. One thing that stood out to me about Bethel was the fact that they closed down multiple areas during chapel during the week which can hinder students from getting the appropriate time to study. Bethel is a closed nonsmoking or alcohol campus which is what they are looking for. The RA's shelter you from the real world and don't actually get to know you for who you really are, not just your fake Christian views it is hard to take some people serious. The sports and activities at Bethel are limited because of how small the school is, the football and baseball are about all the buzz is about and everything else to do on campus revolves around class, if you truly want to go out and do something your best bet is to go into the Twin Cities. Bethel is an overall mediocre school at best, but if you are a hard felt christian that has more money to spend on tuition to get you an education then Bethel is the place to go for you.

Isaiah

I love it!!!! I love the atmosphere of the college. Everybody is so nice, and welcoming!! The campus is small so you see people a lot more, and the staff is SO friendly. The staff/faculty are always available for you to ask questions, and they will help you if you have any problems with the material!!

Katelyn

Bethel University is fantastic for many reasons. For one, Its academics are rigorous--one time I mentioned to a local where I was attending school, and she gave me a look of worry and said, "I heard the academics there are difficult" Yes, it is difficult, but tutoring services are offered, and professors have no problem helping out. Another great thing is the school's location; it's tucked just underneath the Twin Cities giving the students many internship and work opportunities, and I for one intend to take advantage of them. The university is also a phenomenal place to grow in one's faith; every class is centered around Christ, there are discipleship groups which encourage community and vulnerability, there's campus outreach, student ministries, and pastors available. There are two bones I have to pick with the school though. One: The price. Two: something we call the "Bethel Bubble". Our university is very secluded, and at times students miss feeling a part of the outer world.