Atlanta, GA
Beulah Heights University

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Beulah Heights University

Tate

Definitely not a college town. Most frequent complaints are about Financial Aid, bookstore and overall incompetent administration. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose their accreditation or close very soon.

There are no groups or clubs on campus. No parties. No athletic events. You have to pay horrendous ticket fees to hear a speaker or attend a seminar or banquet.

Professors do know you by name. Some are very lenient and some are ridiculously overwhelming with the amount of work that they give, especially online classes with Brian Tucker and Doug Chatam (in class and online classes) Class participation is common, and most students study and some cheat. Do not take classes with the two Professors mentioned above if you want to make it through the semester with good grades.

I agree with the other poster that this school is quite an embarrassment. If you are considering enrolling in a Christian college please look elsewhere! The administration is very lazy, incompetent and not helpful at all. The bookstore is known for back ordering books, taking your money and never calling or delivering your textbooks. They make you wait on long lines as they finish up their lunch, or 'feel' like opening the bookstore to service you. The receptionist at the front desk in the financial aid and business office is very mean, unfriendly and rude. She always has a scowl on her face and never looks up from her computer to greet you. If you call the school she lets it ring, or puts you on hold and never returns, or transfers you to voicemails. A first impression says it all and she is not it. BEWARE of PAT BANKS in the financial aid office; she is the devil’s agent! She is mean, condescending, incompetent and outright rude and nasty. She gets to your file when she feels like it, and everyone in the office is scared of her. Your financial aid and loans will be held up for weeks before she gets to it, she never returns calls or emails, and you literally will have to make trips to the school to ensure she processes your file in front of your face and on time. There are times when students never receive the full amount of their financial aid, or on time, and there is always an excuse, or they convince you they’ve processed it and another week goes by and you still haven’t received your check! It is very suspicious that only Pat Banks knows the system and although they have two new girls working in the office, she doesn’t train them on everything and they still have to go to her for information or to approve documents. Please keep track of your documents from Fafsa or Direct loans, and read it carefully, because financial aid and the business office is truly up to something shady. There have been complaints made numerous times by students on the horrible financial aid director and nothing has been done. She is now off in her own office away from the public, but now she has more room to manipulate the students and their accounts. All the helpful and warm employees have come and went, and there is nothing but unprofessionals who have taken their place. I’m truly sorry I ever went to this school, and I am warning anyone who is considering to please check out other school in your area first. This school needs to be investigated for fraud and suspicious activity with student accounts. You’ve been warned.

There is a student center with two computers that do not work and about 4 janky vending machines. No cafeteria or hot food. Unless you bring your own and heat it up in the microwave. Everyone dresses as if they are going to church, they never are in casual wear and most act very self righteous. Most are foreigners (africans and asians) And the rest are american.

rebecca

My college experience has shown me to use my time wisely. Unlike high school, college is more of a time consumed study based. Back in high school, I would waste my time by doing nothing or doing unnecessary tasks. Now, since I have taken college classes, I am able to learn to study, use time wisely, and also be a more responsible adult.

Eddie

The things that I got from my college experience is a more accurate knowledge of the bible and a more indepth understanding of biblical principles. In addition, I gained life long relationships with people from around the world and from various cultures that I would not have been able to gain at another college. Finally, I learned leadership principles and get practical leadership experience through the student government association and through internships, that have served and will continue to serve me well in the future. All of the above mentioned is what has made my college experience so valuable to me.

The thing that I brag about the most is the quality of instruction that I received, the diversity of the faculty and student body, and the opportunity to get involved in hands on ministry serve, for an examle, overseas missions.

For me the most frustrating thing about Beulah is the fact that it is not regionally accredited.

Eddie

The best thing about Beulah Heights is the biblical foundation that is provided to all students, regardless of major and the fellowship of beleivers from over 40 different countries around the world. For me this deversity and biblical foundation is the best thing about Beulah Heights because it reflects the values of the church and of the kingdom of heaven.

There are a number of thing that I have gottened from my college experience; the first being the ability to interact with proffessors and students from around the world. This is valuable to me because it afforded me the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures and people groups without leaving home. Next, the biblical foundation was of equal value because it prepared me to function in my calling as a minister of the gospel. The final thing of value is my degree itself. My degree is in Leadership Administration, which is primarliy a business degree geared toward non-profits. The value of this is that the cirriculum provided me with the knowledge that I need to function the in administration and leadership within the church. The overall value of my college experience is the preparation that I ewceived in order to go to the next level in my career and in life. This is valuable in a monitary sense, but for me in the sense of accomplishment, being that I am the first one in my family to ever attend college.

Beulah Heights University (formerly Beulah Heights Bible College) is a conservative non-denominational university that stresses biblical knowledge and understanding as it's first priority; with the primary goal of preparing men and women for global missions and to be change agents in the world by fostering a biblical worldview.

Beulah Heights University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.