Big Bend Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Big Bend Community College

Kaylee

I greatly enjoy my time here. True you have the occasional student that treats you like crap for different political views but it's never been life threatening. Staff and the professors are willing to work with those who have disorders, weather they be physical or mental they work with the student on an individual basis which is great.

Sabrina

I find this college to very fun. Most of the instructor are always available and are willing to help a student succeed. The instructors are also really nice and easy to get along with. The students that attend are also pretty nice and are willing to help other people. They also have tutors available to help throughout the day.

Elijah

A great community college. I personally like it for its location, tuition costs, and the learning opportunity. I am doing an AAS in Software and Web Development and I feel ready to go into the workforce. I also enjoy being able to ask questions in and out for class with any of the teachers. Overall recommended.

juan

Hello my name is Juan, and I have been attending Big Bend Community College for the past two years. I would highly recommend this institution to anyone, they have a really strong S.T.E.M. program that helps students in those fields prepare for University level coursework. Instructor's are kind, accessible, and will help students one on one if they are struggling. Attending Big Bend Community College was the best decision I made in my academic career.

Sydney

The environment created by the staff and students is very welcoming to new people. The classroom sizes are easy to learn in and the professors are very encouraging to those who are behind or failing. The professors also do a great job of making themsleves available outside of school hours.

Dalice

The teachers are pretty cool people. There are some amazing opportunities but as a community college certain majors definitely need to transfer. There are a lot of weird students. You have a lot of freedom. Some of the websites are really old and the computers are slow.

Colby

I had a father who went to big bend community college to study in the field for nursing he is a person who i looked up to as a child because he knew that he wanted to go into nursing so he came prepared everyday to goto big bend with a smile on his face and still made time for us even though he had to work he should me a round when i was eight ever seen then i wanted to be like him and ill keep trying to be like him because your roll model is a person that is someone who you want to be and i wanna be like him so my opinion to big bend community college its a great place to goto for school in a nursing degree and other obstacles your facing .

Colby

Cammi

I didn't want to create this review but it made me and I said things I didn't know would be public and it won't let me delete it. So, now I'm making a new one where I'm just saying this. So yeah it would be nice for them to delete that because I wasn't planning on everyone seeing it.

Reagan

Big Bend is a great small town college. It is a great place if you're looking for a more academically focused experience. There are lots of resources for students, and the professors are very supportive and available to help with anything. All of the buildings are a short walk from each other, which is great.

Leanne

So far I am really liking it. Big Bend Community College is a fairly small college, which I personally like. The staff seem knowledgeable about the subjects that they are teaching. I personally don't take part in a lot of the extracurricular activities, because I have a family, but so far education wise I like it.

Joshua

There are plenty of smart teachers and students, and they have great cafeteria food. They have a lot of recreational sports and plenty of clubs to join into if you feel like it or want to. I also like the availability of the teachers. They seem to always be available, which is awesome!

McKinley

Big Bend Community College is a good school for local kids wanting to stay local for a few more years and ease into the college experience. In my opinion I would not go to Big Bend if I lived more than a few hours away. I am at Big Bend to compete my Associate's Degree while I am still in high school. I enjoy school and feel really safe. I like the class sizes because it is a lot like my high school experience. There are two main degrees at Big Bend, Nursing and Aviation, and they are both wonderful programs. In all, I think Big Bend Community College is a great school for locals who want to get ahead in high school or whom want to be a nurse or pilot.

Piper

I enjoy it. It is a good stepping stone if you want to move onto a university. The teachers are all very nice and understanding. I am a running start student so I attend Big Bend to finish up my high school credits. All the students and staff are very friendly and understanding. No one judges and life is good in Moses Lake.

Petr

I am going to be graduating Big Bend this upcoming quarter and I have had a blast at this school. The staff is very nice and understanding, and the environment is great for anyone. This is a great school to attend in order to save money. I am doing the running start program and will be graduating with a direct transfer degree in Arts, and Science. The following quarter I will be attending CWU. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is trying to save money.

My rating overall is three stars. I love the campus size as it is not to big or too small, and it is easy to get other building without feeling lost. The classroom sizes are decent and have up to about 32 students, but I did have a class with 92 students with two professors. The STEM center at the college is a great place to relax and study with friends. People are always friendly, and there are private study rooms available. I would say that library is a nice setting as well as there is also private study rooms, and it is always quiet for those students who really need to focus. Campus dining is extremely well as they have a variety of dining selection, and also take into consideration of health restrictions. They also have themed lunches where students eat for about five dollars, themes include pasta fest, waffle day, and many more; it is a great way for students to have fun on campus with friends. The only not so great tings about the campus is that they notify studnets of school cancelations late. The weather in Washington has been snowing and cold, the campus barely closed itself for a day because of the road conditions, but they should have canceled the day before as students and professors where at risk, and most professors cancelled classes. The campus security can be rude at times as I left my laptop in a classroom and called security to unlock it. They unlocked it but said they would have to give it to the lost and found even if I entered the password. It went to the lost and found, and I entered my password and showed my pictures and I was good to go. Turns out that the security could have let me put in my password, but they didn't want to deal with a student at the time.