Prestonsburg, KY
Big Sandy Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Big Sandy Community and Technical College

McKayla

Big Sandy is great. It doesn't have housing, or sports; however, it has plenty of opportunity. This semester, each of my classes was filled with students who genuinely wanted to learn. The classrooms are smaller and more personal. This allows us to get to know each other and our professors. Despite the smaller classes, diversity remains. In my oral communications class, we had students ranging in age from 17 to 43. Some of us were still in high school, and some of us had children. I find it so beautiful that people from all walks of life can come together for the common goal of bettering ourselves through education.

Brianna

Big Sandy Community and Technical College is a wonderful school. It has a lot more extracurricular activities than I expected. It is a low-cost, great way to get an Associate's degree or a certain certificate that you need before you move onto a four year college.

Johnna

Big Sandy Community & Technical College has been a wonderful place to get my Associate's Degree and has many helpful professors and faculty that have encouraged me to pursue a Bachelor's Degree.

Kristina

I absolutely love the teachers. The faculty goes above and beyond to help you any way they can. I take online classes since i'm a singe mother and they really make it easy to contact them when needed. I have a 4.0 for this semester and couldn't have done it without all of them!

Dakota

My school is very laid back, friendly people, great atmosphere, and easy to get around to your classes.

If I could go back, I would tell myself that you'll do just fine and that you need to focus on your studies and attend classes as much as you can. Also, I would tell myself that the people there are friendly and you'll get to meet new people and make friends with others. The last thing I would tell myself is that I can make it as long as I push myself to get where I want and no one can stop you except yourself.

People who want to goof around and not be serious about their education.

Tonya

Different and unique, I love how not hardly one person is the same, they are all wonderful.

Dont be stupid and not try in high school. College can be so fun but you need to give 110% in high school to be able to excel in college and have a successful and happy life.

I dont think that it should be just one kind of person, anybody and everybody that wants to attend should be able to. We are all one and should be able to be equal with the learning evironment.

Andrea

Big Sandy Community and Technical College is small, but very challenging and warm and opening to all people.

Wow, if I only could take find a time machine and go back and talk to myself as a senior. I first would tell myself, "Start getting serious and don't goof around. You will not have time to goof around and be careless about your work. After all, you're paying for school now. You may think now is a stressful time, but you have no idea how stressful things are going to get. Most importanly, don't you dare let any jerk get in the way of your studies. Don't ever let some guy interfere with your school work. He may seem important to you then, but you should come first n your life. He doesn't determine where you're going to end up in life. You do. So when you walk into your very first class at that college, don't have any expectations of getting a grade below an A. You know you can do it, I know you can do it. After all, I am you."

How challanging some of the classes are. Some made it out to be too easy, not challanging enough, just like high school. Yes, I do agree that some of the classes there could be more challenging but some at Big Sandy can to almost too challenging. Which is a good thing! Most people also claimed it to be boring. It is not boring. If you get involed. The school can be very interesting and exciting.

Tiffany

It's hard to say what I would tell myself. Number one would be to be serious about college. Try harder and maybe you could dream higher. Number two would be, don't let a guy stand in the way of your future. If I would've followed these two things of advice, I would've recieved better grades. However, I am very happy with where I am now. The college I chose is the college for me. so in a way I wouldn't change anything.

I love the size of my school. It's small and comfortable. There is a very good student to teacher ratio here. The teachers are wonderful. Whenever you need to talk to them about homework they are always easy to be found. I am a AS major. I enjoy math and science classes, and when I'm in need of a little help with understanding a math problem or need help with biology there is always someone to help. This college is definitly for me. Not too big and it's not too small.

Even though this school is small there is one slight problem. The campus is spread out. There are six different buildings, and each one is spaced out. In the snow you have to walk outside, in the burning summer you have to walk outside. The only problem here is is the spacing.

Big Sandy Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.