La Mirada, CA
Biola University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Biola University

Kelly

I would tell myself to look more at the big picture of life. I became dependent on my ex husband which became an abusive relationship. I would tell myself to be strong. To stand up for what you believe in. I would tell myself to follow up dreams and go after what you want in life. I would also instill that you can you anything in this world that you want to do. I would tell myself that I hold the key to my dreams and my happiness. I would say you just need to stay focused even through the tough times. Nothing worth having in this life is free or easy. The things that are most valuable are those you work hard to attain. Life is not always easy. Life is not always pretty but it is definitely worth the ride. You must dream big, stay strong and go after what you want in this life.

Nancy

I would tell myself to PAY ATTENTION! I spent my senior year dreaming of the time I would be away from the demands of school, homework and tests. As an adult, I have realized the value of an education and the knowledge and experience I would have gained, but wasted it in my arrogance of my rapidly approaching 18th birthday and high school graduation. In my conceit, I felt the world was for my talking and I would be immensely successful in whatever I undertook. Sadly, adulthood was not quite what I thought it was, from my vantage point of being on the outside looking in. Now, as a grown woman with many children of my own, I have returned to school to finish what I should have done so many years ago. With my own children negating college as unimportant, I am now setting the example of how vital it is for your future.

My classmates are my friends who push me to do better in school.

My classmates are my friends who push me to do better in school.

Two things: 1. Bridal Institute of Los Angeles, which means that most people find their spouses there. 2. Talbot, which is the theology school.

Be yourself. Do not try to change who you are in order to fit in or stand out as an individual. Make friends with your fellow classmates. They are a key to success in classes. They help push you to be a better student, as well as help you out with any material that you missed or are confused about. Not only are they helpful in passing classes, some of them could be your best friends. Do not give up, no matter how much you want to. Chances are, when you push through the hard classes, the accomplishments you have made are very rewarding as a student. Participate in class discussions and ask questions. Asking questions is a big part of learning. Not only does it allow you to receive help, but it also lets the professor know that you are working to understand the material. The professor will then be more likely to be more than happy to help you get a good grade (as long as you deserve it). Last of all, have a good attitude about everything. Take the best out of every situation and you will enjoy yourself.

Madison

I would advise myself that taking a year off should mean taking a year off and not any longer. At eighteen I was in no way mature enough to make such a huge decision about my future and did not give it the proper attention it deserved. I would be sure to let my self know that taking so much time away from an educational enviornment in no way brings to light what I could be intrested in studying. My high school senior self should have spent far more time researching and deciding what she wanted to do in the long run even if it did end up being that she wanted time off she should have made sure she had a definite plan.

Meredith

If I could go back in time and tell my high school self something it would be pretty simple. Make better grades. I was always the girl who just sqeaked by in everything that I did as far as academics in high school. I knew I wanted to go to college but never really gave the finances a second look. Now I am a first year college student who has a 4.0 GPA but is still denied grants and scholarships due to my low GPA in high school. I am currently getting no state or federal aid excluding student loans. If I could go back in time I would tell myself that making good grades in highschool is unbelieveably important. If I could do that maybe I would not be in the stressful financial situation I am currently in.

David

I have learned that, although I love my college so far, Biola University is not for everyone. Because each student who attends this school is required to minor in Biblical Studies, the primary type of person that should not attend this university would be someone who does not wish to minor in Biblical Studies.

Hyunji

Accountable, family-like friends/companions.

Accountable, family-like friends/companions.

Our school is best known for being a Christian unversity. Also, our school is known for its phenomenal nursing department.

I know you may be anxious and nervous as a pre-freshmen in college, but to be honest, there is no need to worry. Biola provides a very friendly and welcoming environment for everyone. You will also find your life-long friends here. Also, if you are worried about being pressurized by your race and looks, don't worry because Biola is very multi-ethnical and has almost no emphasis in racism. Overall, Biola is friendly so do not worry about anything but be yourself.

Leanna

If I was able to talk to myself as a senior I would let myself know how hard it is to make new friends. I would encorage myself to be outgoing and work hard to make friends at the begining of college. Taking a risk in the begining pays off and it gets harder the longer college goes on. There are a lot of great people at college they just need to be found. College is a big transition and having a good group of friends makes the transition easier. Being prepared for the transition into college can help one suceed through college especially with the right group of friends.

It can feel like you are living in a bubble and aren't in the real world, which is both good and bad, but it can be hard to escape sometimes.

Someone who isnt authentic about their faith or who doesn't like being involved would not do good at Biola Universtiy.

LEANE

Make sure that you pay attention to all aspects of the enrollment process and take pleanty of notes. This is going to include testing, financial aid, admissions, orientation and other steps that may be required. Please pay specific attention to the financial aid portion, there may be consequences to dropping classes and you may not have enough credits to continue with aid. Paying for college is not cheap! Getting you degree is so important that you really want to make sure that you are fully prepaired no matter what you decide to major in. You can make changes to your degree but that may also mean that you need to take other classes and there again may change things for you financial aid. Put money away for those unexpected expences that you are going to end up having. These may include books, lab fees, and other things that you are not thinking of when ou enroll in classes. Don't be affriad to ask questions if you have them. They are all going to be important.

Rianna

My school is best known for being a Christian University building up leaders to impact the world for Jesus Christ.

I would tell myself that it is extremely important to focus on grades and doing everything possible in order to gain financial aid. While it may seem that friends are more important, and worthy of your time, paying for school should be your top priority. Be proactive in making time to apply for scholarships, and budget your time and money wisely. Don't put off applications until the last minute, because you could very possibly be letting significant aid slip through your fingers. Be wise and smart in your decisions, and know that your education is more important than going to a party or grabbing a smoothie with your friends. Make every second count when it comes to your future because your future would be a terrible thing to waste. Most importantly: don't be afraid to grow up, it may seem scary and overwhelming at times, but you are capable of making good decisions for yourself. You have nothing to fear; get excited because this is your life, and you have so many opportunities headed your way!

The best thing about my school is the willingness of the staff to do their best in helping students to acheive their dreams. My conversations with admissions counselors and financial aid officers have been extremely helpful and impactful.

Biola University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.