La Mirada, CA
Biola University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Biola University

Ashlynn

Identity. That would be the one word I would say if I could talk to my senior self. When I came to college I thought I knew who I was and confident in myself, but it wasn't until I came to college, made a few mistakes, and tried to fit in with different cliques of people that I realized I needed to figure out who I was before I started making new friends. I would tell myself that you don't need to try and act like you can do it all on your own because it is okay to shed a few tears and it is okay to have a melt down every now and then. I would remind myself, that I don't have to carry the world on my shoulders and I don't have to try and act tough. I would tell myself that family is there for encouragement and my goal should not be to shun them but instead accept their instruction and remember where I come from. I could have saved myself a lot of heartache and trouble if I just knew what I stood for when I came to college.

Open Hours!! I hate the fact that there is only certain times and days that boys can be on the girls floor or vice versa. It is by far the worst inconvenience. I love the fact that we don't have coed dorms because that would just be aweful but it would be nice to have my boyfriend or even a guy come into my roommate and my room without having the door open and having him have to leave before 11. I understand that it is just a precaution but still a nuisance none the less.

Biola is a great school with a great community. If I were to brag about anything it would be the event of MockRock. 2014 was the first year that I have participated in it. The MockRock event is this big get together of dance teams who dance to contemporary music all mixed into a giant skit. It was by far the most fun thing that I have done while attending Biola and I can't wait to do it again next year. People camped out all night just so they would be first in line thats how intense it is.

Dulce

It is a campus devoted to educate their students to be leaders with biblical principles, surrounded by friendly faculty/ Staff, supportive community and rigorous academics.

If I had the ability to go back in time to my senior year, I would have invested more time durring the summer break submiting as many scholarships as possible. I regret not informing myself more about financial aid opportunities. I have found it challenging to take advantage of all the univeristy's resources for the lack of funds to live on campus. Most of their free tutoring sessions begin late in the evening when I must head home. In addition, I would have taken multiple AP courses that would transfer into the university. Being the first of my family to attend college, I must pave the road for my siblings. Although going back in time is not realistic, I have learned very valuable information that will certainly be passed to others that follow.

Worst thing for a commuter or the owner of a car is the extra fee for parking permits.

Summer

I would tell myself to wake up and enjoy the freedom of high school, and better prepare myself for the stresses of college. I lost a family member my senior year, and mourned his death for the entire second semester, missing out on some great memories that I could have made with my friends. Also, because I was in mourning, I did not work as hard as I usually would. I still managed to maintain a relatively high class rank, but I never gave it my all. Attending college the next fall was a bit of a culture shock, and I quickly had to kick it in gear and get back to the hard working student I am. I so badly wish I could have realized that I was missing out on life back when it was so easy and fun to live it up. Death is a part of life, so you must love everyone with all you've got and live to the fullest. Mourn your loved ones passing, but don't let it get in the way of your future. Like the sweet fish Dory in Finding Nemo says, "Just keep swimming." Always remember to stay positive.

Oscar

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a senior, I would tell myself that everything is going to turnout fine even in the worst of times and also to relax and theres no need to rush things. Everything will happen in time but I must have better paitince and everything will fall into place. Just enjoy the ride and don't force anything.

Emerson

It is a very strong christian based school. The students here are very comfortable with each other and they are all good friends. There is not a lot of school drama that goes on and the friends here are very genuine. As are the teachers, they all seek out personal relationships with the students and try to help each other through tough times. It is a good community to feel like you have people that care about you a lot.

I would give myself a hug. Knowing its going to be hard, but I wouldn't change a thing. Every challenge hurts, but I look back on all the hurt in my life and am thankful for every bit of it.

That your friends are always there for you. Sometimes it is easy to feel alone or hurt, but your friends always want to know what is going on and how they can help. Establishing a good group of friends is so cruicial to the whole college experience. It makes every class more fun, and during your free time there is a group of people that want to be with you and hang out with you.

Morganne

I wish I had known a couple things going into college. First, that college isn't what it is made out to be on tv shows or movies. Although there are crazy fun and wild nights, there are some times when no one in your group has a car and your are stranded on campus. I also wish I had known that this is not a bad thing! Being able to make the best of these opportunities and find fun things to do on campus are what makes college so fun! The second thing I wish I had known was that you will not replace your high school friends, only make new ones and that this process may take time. Don't be afraid to make new friends, your friends at home will still be there for you. But don't be worried when you don't have a best friend over night. Trusting people and making friends takes time, so take the time to get to know cool people and spend time with them! Lastly, I wish I had known how fast time goes int college and knowing that, would be sure to make the most of all opportunities.

That friends don't form over night. It does take a while to find friends that your are comfortable around and enjoy spending time with. Don't stress out if you don't have a group of friends by the first week of school, even when it appears that other people do. It will come! And you'll be glad you waited for great friends enstead of settling for a group your uncofortable with.

The price. Everything about Biola is incredible, but it is hard to pay for at times. However, the amazing things about the school make up for the price.

Katelyn

Given the opportunity to talk to my high school self, I would have plenty of advice to urge myself to follow: Dear High School Self, First and foremost do not to worry or stress about the minor details of this upcoming fall, but rather just pray. College classes do require more studying and reading outside of classes compared to high school, but as long as you manage your time and keep on top of the assignments there is nothing to worry about because you first semester of college you sucessfully earned a 4.0. Also stop worrying everyday about your roomate and if you will get along with her. She is the nicest person and so caring. Even if you ended up with a horrible roomate there would still be nothing to worry about because everyone on campus is so welcoming and you have a plethora of amazing friends that encourage you and help you through the tough times. Lastly, give the new transition time. The first few weeks will be hard because everything is new and your far away from home, but slowly everything will fall in place. And remember it is okay to be a little homesick.

The worst thing about Biola is the on campus jobs are hard to come by. We have a website where campus jobs are listed, however they are few and hard to get. Many students are looking for jobs, so employers have many applicants making the process very competitive. If you are serious about getting a job and work hard to apply to several places you will eventually get one, it just might not be the most glorious postion. I work in the school cafeteria, but applied many places before I got hired.

Before coming to Biola University I wish someone had told me that many students go home on the weekend. The center of campus beocmes almost like a ghost town on certain weekends. Many students live nearby therefore they go home to visit family on weekends, leaving a small protion of students left on campus. This does not happen every weekend, but it does happen often. Do not get me wrong, you can always find friends to hang out with on the weekend and go explore beautiful Southern California or chill in the dorms, there is just less people overall.

Victoria

Community, community, community!

Community, community, community!

Tight, supportive, loving community of great thinkers, innovative artists, and idealistic world-changers.

Don't get so worked up over small stuff, enjoy each day for the joy it is, do your best and commit the rest. Cultivate meaningful relationships and try new things without fear of of failure or looking foolish. Explore the facets and embrace the things that make you, you.

Esther

To constantly remind myself of all the blessings and be joyful in every circumstance. I took education for granted in the past and because I find so much joy in learning now, I want to be filled with wisdom to be a greater cause for others. I want to be passionate and humbly serving others. My advice: Give everything I have and never give up, and be thankful for everything, good and bad. Find joy and hope through every experience.

Someone who doesn't find joy in learning.

Biola University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.