Biola University

« See more reviews of Biola University

BIola is a biblically rooted University that sets its goal in educating students, in a Christian environment, to develop physically, mentally, and spiritually not only in secular vocations, but in addition to the knowledge of the Word of God in order to successfully fulfill the Great Commission of sharing the Word of God throughout the whole world within their specific vocation they choose; there is nothing that fulfills a greater joy than in sharing about Jesus' love to anyone who is willing to listen because Jesus is the secret to living the best life and not living a wasted one.

Biola is a place of love, a place where students and professors both care for each other and meet each other even outside of the classroom, a place where race is disregarded and everyone is accepted as they are, a place where people are encourged to not only thrive as academically astute and successful students but also are taught to be humans who love God and one another, a place where people take time to invest in one another's lives, a place where God is placed first rather than studies or even personal success, a place similar to heaven.

The President of my University brings his family to the sports events, and eats in the cafeteria. Every Thanksgiving, he and his wife cut the turkey in the cafeteria. When I first visited, I came by myself and didn?t have anyone to eat with. Embarrassed and ashamed I clunked my feet to the nearest empty table. From a distance peers where watching me, and broke their hearts to see that I was eating alone. There isn?t one word, but many that best describes my University. Truly genuine people, accepting, loyal, and as tight knit can be.

Biola Univeristy is a place where you feel accepted. One thing that is very important to the students and the school in general is community. When you step onto the campus of Biola University you feel like everyone is concerned with how you are feeling and how your day or week has been. You can feel the aspect of family here. You do have to work hard, but that's only because the professors at Biola are shaping students to be top-notch professionals.

Biola is a small, Christian Liberal Arts university that emphasizes a community of students and faculty alike who reflect the heart of God and demonstrate his love to all whom they encounter in and throughout each campus activity, in each class, throughout each dorm and in all that they do, as they hope to train up men and women to be full-time followers of Jesus in every vocation and major they choose.

Biola University is an unbelievable chance to learn about faith, academics, and who I am as an individual; the school is amazing because the staff and falculty actually care about students, the students repect each other (no reports of burgularies or assaults in 2008-2009), it's close to Disneyland and the beach, and everyone is a driven, unique individual; Biola University has already changed my life!

Biola is a training ground where a person learns how to use his or her career to influence others for the better; Biola teaches students how to unite the sometimes abstract concepts of academia with the practical knowledge and experience of caring for their fellow human beings as creatures beloved of God.

Biola University is an evangelical Christian university with a broad range of academic programs (specializing in psychology, philosophy, anthropology/intercultural studies, and biblical studies), an intelligent, committed faculty, and a world-class great books program (the Torrey Honors Institute).

Biola University is a place where students attend to further their education in the field of their choice as well as gaining a deeper and spiritual relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ that is set in a beautiful and bustling California city where the sun is always (mostly) shining.

Biola University is a school pushing young adults to reach out for their goals, no matter how big or small, and to take their lives and passions seriously. The faculty is always available to share their wisdom and the community of student body supports one another in their pursuits.