Biola University

« See more reviews of Biola University

Biola has one of the most unique environments to be in. It is encouraging and challenging inside and outside of the classroom. I was refreshed when I saw how available and approachable the professors are. Not only do they care about your educational progress, but also how you are doing as a person. This year's theme was "creating neighbors," which emphasizes the importance of a strong community. Also, what makes my university unique is its integration of Christian foundation in every subject, creating a balance of teaching how to be successful in your field while strengthening your faith.

Biola University seeks to teach and grow its students holistically. The University offers courses, chapels, clubs, mission trips, jobs, counselors, and other student-related activites in order to improve the student in all areas of life. However, first and foremost, Biola's mission is to create a university where its students can increase their knowledge and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal savior and ruler, so that they may impact the world in and for His name. Biola University is the best place to go for both academic excellence and a Christ-centered education.

My school is unique in that of course it is a small conservitive chrsitan school, but also in that when you arrive on campus not only do you feel welcomend but everyone is smiling, people are lauging, and to make a new friend you simply have to introduce your self and start a good conversation. Biola Students are kind, loving and caring, this is what makes the school diffrent, also that most students obstain from drugs, and bevrages alowing for sober fun which sometimes is the best kind. there are no groups like frats, instead your housing situation are urfriends

Biola is a private Christian university, so it allows students the opportunities to integrate thier faith into their future careers. Since the campus size is so much smaller than a CSU, I can get to classes faster as well as interact one on one with my professors and develop a more personal relationship with them. Biola also has a less impacted nursing degree program compared to many other California schools, so it allows me the ability to not only sign up for the required classes I need, but to also have a higher chance at getting into the program.

Biola provides a smaller environment and smaller class sizes while maintaining the quality of education. Biola desires to see each and every student be effective in his/her field of study and maintains a small student teacher ratio to do so. Biola also fosters caring community on and off campus in order to make students feel at home, and help them belong to a supportive network of peers. Mentorship and guidance programs at Biola help students to excell not only in their academic pursuits but also in their search for personal significance and purpose.

Biola is a private christian school so the students and faculty share the same religion. Everyone at Biola is extremely compassionate and is driven to impact the world through our careers and through loving those around us. The professors at Biola are wonderful and really get to know their students, some of my professor have had me over to their house for dinner. The one thing that really sets Biola apart from other schools is the overall happiness that you feel when you set foot onto the campus. It is a wonderful school and I have learned so much!

BIola University offers more than just an education. Biola is a Christian University that strives to keep God at the center of academics and life. In addition to having brilliant professors and classroom environments conducive to higher levels of education, Biola fosters a setting helpful to developing one's personal relationship with Christ. Unlike any other school I considered, Biola not only helps this growth, but enables its students to be sent out as sharers of the good news and saving grace of Jesus Christ and our purpose and hope for living.

As a Christian university, they create a safe enviornment on campus with constant exposure to world outside of the classroom, the dorm and the campus, which emphasizes that there are times for training (on campus) and then times for being sent out (off campus) and loving on a world in desperate need of being loved (what Jesus told us to do), because Biola does not ignore the world's problems or seek to distance themselves from them, but equips their students with the tools they need to be an effective catalist for changing a needing world.

Biola is the only school that I could find that emphasized Biblical beliefs, as well as other majors. Every student at Biola is required to take 30 units in Bible classes along with all of their major courses. This appealed to me because I wanted to gain more knowledge about my religious beliefs. However, I also know that I want to be a nurse when I graduate, and wanted to attend a school that encourages many different career paths. Biola is the only Christian university that effectively focuses on the Bible and all other majors.

Biola University is a place that prepares a student to go out into the world to impact lives for the Lord Jesus Christ. The amazing part is that the teachings I receive are not only preparing me to be a strong businesswoman, but I am being taught to integrate my faith into my career. Many schools were founded off of biblical beliefs, and I'm really proud to be attending a school that has not changed it's teachings just because the world has taken a turn in allowing different teachings to come in to the school system.