Biola University

« See more reviews of Biola University

The biblically centered education is the best thing about Biola. Most schools only teach educational and material aspects of life, while Biola cares to nurture our spiritual lives along with our education, which provides a fulfillment that many students lack in their dissapointment with tangeable life. The education reflects the Christian lifestyle that all students and staff strive to uphold. Because everyone cares about spiritual lives, deep relationships are formed, and continual encouragement can be found as soon as you walk into any classroom from Biology to Philosophy. The academics and atmosphere on campus gives our students hope.

I like how there is a sense of unity in the school. All the students upkeep a moral standard of living; treat others with kindness and respect. Also the staff and faculty are very generous. The professors are awesome; giving their students good quality of education plus, they do show care for their students' success. Besides the academics, there are a lot of activities that students can do whether it be sports, school or dorm events, off-campus activities, and even just haning-out with friends. Finally, what makes Biola so unique is they encourage both academic and spiritual growth.

The best thing about my school is the community of professors, administration, and fellow students that truly care about one another. This unique group of people creates an environment where one feels safe. This safety allows one to experience successs as well as failure while acknowledging that those are both a healthy part of the proccess of growing up.. At Biola, regardless of what season one is currently experiencing in life, one is assured that there is a great community surrounding them that wants to help them reach goals and potential in every way they can.

The best thing about BIOLA is that there is no one thing. It facilitates a Christian University that is set on providing the tools that Christians need indifferent of their perspective careers. Yet, undergraduates have many opportunities to encounter music, art, sports, missions, and community involvement that are all world class. Now as an alumni I see that the spirit of BIOLA continues on even though I graduated, I am still a part of the University. The education here far surpasses not just my expectations but the expectations of others.

It's one of the top ranked Christian colleges in the USA. It truly lives up to a Christian standard and every single person that is on campus has a relationship with God in some speical way. The faculty and staff are all highly experienced in what they do and have a passion for a variety of different fields. I notice that people care more about what they are persuing and that they are interested in what other people are persuing also. Being apart of a Christian community means being apart of people who are kind, ambitious, and smart.

My favorite thing about Biola is that I feel like I learn outside of the classroom as much as I learn inside of the classroom. Yes, Biola has been a great place for me to gain head knowledge, but I feel like I am also learning so many invaluable lessons from people other than my professors. The people around me challenge me to be someone I could be proud of. My fellow classmates have taught me so much about positively interacting with people, relating with those around you, and supporting and challenging the people you care about.

The Christian education I am getting here at Biola is the main reason I came here, instead of going to schools with much better film programs (my major) like USC or UCLA and it is the reason I continue to stay here. The Christian education is great and my film education is pretty good considering it's still a pretty new program. These, along with the fact that you won't find a nicer campus in America, are my reasons for staying at Biola although I have to sacrfice my health, preferred living style and general education for it.

The small size makes our school have a wonderful community. The students are friends with the faculty and there is no social circles. There is lots of diversity at the school, but it helps bring the students together by bringing all the different backgrounds together. Biola's students genuinly care about one another, their education, and having fun. There is always different activities to show different students interest or backgrounds such as poem reading nights, band nights, and students art work displayed all over campus.

Biola University's Cinema and Media Arts program is excellent. In a few short months, my knowledge of cinematography has already grown in ways I had never imagined. Professors want to see you improving in every aspect of filmmaking, including the ones they do not teach. Other students have been eager to help out with film projects and collaborate on their assignments. Numerous oppertunities for internships and on set experience are offered, both on campus and in Hollywood. In short, Biola is my path to sucess as a filmmaker.

The best thing about Biola University is that all students are required to minor in biblical studies. This minor allows people to better learn to become witnesses for Christ while pursuing majors in other areas. The set up allows for those entering different professional fields to be well educated and prepared to speak about God without being directly connected to a church such as becoming a pastor. Arming those graduating from Biola with this knowledge casts a wider net in being a witness for Christ.