Biola University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Biola University

Biola is a wonderful university. The community found among the student body is rich and diverse. It is apparent that students are there to learn and grow and engage in conversations that will enhance their walk with the Lord. Professors and staff are kind, encouraging, and deeply desire to give their students the best possible college experience. They are available and care to know their students, and are learning alongside their students. I never feel unsafe on campus, and the resources available to students are top-notch. I would suggest this university to anyone who is looking to really be stretched in their faith and academic learning.

Karissa

I love the community of Biola, that is the main reason why I chose to go there. Where it lacks in some areas, it makes up for in the community that is formed. I love the annual conferences and the great discussions that develop from them. Not only are there great discussions, but it is also easy to tell the love and care that professors have for their students.

Biola University has a beautiful campus with the spiritual presence of the Lord. For any student looking to enroll in a Christian University, this is the place to be. Unlike public schools that have a lot of violence, Biola University is a private school where everyone gets along despite having differences.

Danielle

You can make it the best place for you by meeting people and further developing the relationships intentionally. There are many opportunities do so if you are willing to. Also, it gives you a great start to think about your belief, which I consider to be a very important matter in life.

Viviana

I love Biola because it creates an open space for biblical discussion within hard questions such as politics and racism. The community is great and homey and Biola ultimately leaves its students using the Bible to make applications to real life situations.

Samuel

This school calls itself a Christian University. This is is definitely not a Christian university. This horrible school retaliates against students. Is that a Christian thing to do? The administration and faculty of this school are horrible terrible people. I do not recommend attending this school

Victoria

Biola University is a wonderful school that encourages high academic achievement centered around Biblical teachings. Faculty and staff genuinely care about the students and do everything they can to help them succeed. Each program focuses on developing Christians to be equipped spiritually and prepares them for their desired career.

Caleb

Biola University is a truly great Christian University which I would highly recommend to anyone who is exploring college options. The facilities are great, the faculty is very friendly and helpful, and the people are amazing. I have yet to meet someone who was rude or unkind to me, and I have yet to feel threatened on this campus. Biola offers many academic opportunities, and our sports teams and clubs are very good. There are many opportunities to learn new things, and most importantly, the food is pretty darn good.

Miguel

Biola is such a great school to be for students who really seek out to grow in mind and character, as well as spiritually. The professors do such a great job engaging with the students, I have definitely never felt like just a number in the classroom. The staff is always so willing to engage with students, as well as student with on another. Community is extremely important at Biola as is clearly see through the way students, faulty, and staff engage with each other and even engage with the surrounding and global community.

Kaitlyn

I graduated in 2014 and highly recommend Biola University. Last week, I returned to Biola with a friend for Taco Tuesday with two of our old biology professors. Not only are Biola's professors highly qualified and excellent teachers, but they also are exceptionally invested in the success and well-being of their students. In addition to such amazing professors, the class sizes are small, the students are genuine and welcoming, and the academic advisors are excellent. What else could a student ask for?

Andres

If you're looking for a college you'll want to feel more comfortable and welcome, then Biola University is the place. Of course, we are a Christian school and we take that serious. But students, faculty, and professors are here to support you in your personal, spiritual, and academic life.

I love Biola. The school is small and probably not for everyone, but anyone who likes a school like Biola, they come to really love it. They really stand beside their beliefs and don't let it slip just for some people and they're not out to please everyone. Students are pretty nice for the most part, but every university has those students that are just "eh." Faculty is amazing, but some of the science professors need major work.

Madison

I love Biola University. It may not be for everyone, but it is for me. The professors are fantastic, the classes are fun, ​and I love the people. I am a Psych major and a theatre minor, so most of the people who hang around with, are passionate about the same things as me. You will hear from most of the students that they love Biola and what they have to offer. It is a Christian Private College, so you have to know what you want in a college setting to justify the price of Biola. It is expensive but worth it.

It's great!

Biola is a great school that continues to grow to benefit the students and creates a great space for the community of La Mirada to gather in. The academics at Biola are so amazing with class sizes that permit professors to have 1-on-1 time with students. All professors really reach out towards students with best wishes in their academics and constant care and prayers for their students as well.

Abigail

As an aspiring music therapist, it is thrilling to attend a school where both the psychology and music programs are top-notch. I have grown through the challenges I have faced and overcome in my academic pursuits. I am always excited to get to know my classmates and dorm mates, and it is obvious that our school community as a whole truly values personal relationships. From students and faculty to staff and administrators, everyone here is serious about doing well in school and in life.

Tanya

Biola university is a christian school in southern California. The weather is nice , there is diversity around here . There is some extremely nice people here to help out anyone.The professors i got here are very helpful they like to meet students in a personal level.Which i love because that way you have the courage to ask for help. But most importantly is that is christ centered in most of its areas.

When you step on Biola's campus you can feel the presence of God. Everyone for the most part, is genuine and friendly. I meet new people almost everyday and they are very welcoming and open to having new friends. As a Cinema and Media Arts major, I love the film program at Biola. I am constantly on set and the CNMA majors are like one big family. I have just comepleted my first year at Biola and I can honestly say that if I had gone anywhere else I would not have had such an amazing year filled with new friends and loads of films (making them and watching them). Biola is the best college and I am blessed to attend school there.

Pamela

Biola is a terrific small, christian university. The student housing is spacious and clean, in fact, the entire campus is very clean. Students and faculty are very friendly. The cafeteria serves a variety of delicious foods and is a great social hub.

silvia

It's a great Christian school with great people and community. If you are looking for a school to grow as an individual and be pushed to be the best you could be, then this is the school for you. The professors are interested in building long-term relationships outside of the classroom as well. The food is better than other schools and the cafeteria looks like a buffet. They have great extracurriculars and events and the library is huge with 3 stories, an eating area, a balcony, many chairs, computers and desks to work on. Overall its a great school with a really good community and relationships as well as a very safe campus.

Raquel

My experience at Biola is different that most as a African-American woman at a predominantly White Institution. However, God has showed me multiple times how he wants me and how I am needed here for a special purpose. He has surrounded me around several communities that have been a major significance of my experience.

Logan

Whether it's athletics, academics, extracurricular's, location or students and staff, what better place is there to be a part of! You're 20 minutes from catching a swell at the beach, the happiest place on earth (Disneyland) and 1 hour from L.A. It's an awesome opportunity for students in college as well as after college and the opportunities there are for jobs and starting up a career. Biola's professors are always available, and always willing to help because you are a name and a person. No one is judged, or discriminated against, and I think because it's a Christian University, people are seen as people, with thoughts, ideas, and dreams. The professors see that and want to make a difference for the world and for their students. There are so many activities to take part in and the sense of family is second to none. As an athlete I believe in striving to be better every day and Biola's coaches, and students allow all the other athletes and I to do just that. You can't find any better support, loyalty and even a connection from a school. From the campus to the surrounding area, Biola is a major draw for students all around the country and world. It will continue to grow and be a home away from home for anyone who wishes to pursue their dreams. Biola changes the culture, but doesn't let the culture change it.

Naomi

It is a happening place

Peter

Biola is the best university in the country if you want a challenging education, but also want to grow in your walk with Jesus. Everyone at Biola is open and accepting to new ideas that will challenge us as students. The difference between most christian universities and Biola is that, we actually act out our faith and walk the walk. As a God first environment, it enables us to grow with one another, and to establish a community that lives on well past our graduation date. The professors and faculty here at Biola care about our learning and care about us as people. They want to see us grow in our walk with Jesus, and be pioneers in our faith outside Biola. So far in my limited time here, the professors have taught me a lot about thinking Biblically about everything, the people are beautiful, the weather is great, and the people are incredible. The people care about you and want to see you grow in yourself. They are good role-models and there won't be any partying or drinking as everyone here believes in the same thing.

Maralisa

Biola University encourages young Christians who are eager to pursue their preferred occupation to view the world from a biblical perspective. Biola is a Christian academy that always puts faith first in every situation and continually graduates students who are respectable, honorable, and trustworthy employees.

Jared

This school is an incredible place both to grow in your field, and to see where God fits into it as well. The school's purpose to to equip students to impact the world for Christ through the things we are passionate about doing, and the integrated learning does an amazing job at teaching us awareness and sensitivity, while helping us build for ourselves a solid theological foundation and world view. The culture is so dear, supportive and loving, and people are expected to be vulnerable and real. It allows for real life-changing encounters and friendships. I love being here, and hope I can continue to learn there until I earn a Bachelor's in Music.

Stephannie

Biola University provides me with such a great learning environment, it is worth to say that one of the reasons why I've been able to thrive here is because of the numerous resources and opportunities they offer to all students. Though Biola is expensive, the financial aid office is always willing to work with anyone's current financial situation and do their best to make Biola affordable. Even more important, Biola sticks true to their mission statement of biblically center education, and they do such a great job at integrating both, academics and spiritual formation. This is a great place for you to navigate and develop your personal faith and what role it plays in your everyday life, which I think is so important. Biola is not for everyone but if you are at least considering it I'd strongly encourage you to check it out!

Stephen

I love Biola. It is truly the best school choice for my major. I searched long and hard for the right college environment that, not only provides academic excellence and authentic character building, but one that is congruent with my religious beliefs.

Autumn

I love the atmosphere and the people it is a beautiful campus with very lovely people and so many things to do, especially being in the city of dreams there is something for everyone here !! I will definitely be attending in the upcoming fall semester

Jenny

I love Biola and it's honestly an amazing place. It's very down-to-earth and the people here are just way too nice. They're very welcoming and try to be as helpful as possible. The staff here are very cheerful and understanding. The students are super nice, especially the RA's in the dorms. They take care of you and treat you like family.

I love it here. It is a great learning institution where your faith and academics can intertwine to create a biblical outlook on life. I came from a public university where my Christianity was very sheltered, and I was afraid to be myself. Here at Biola I am able to live out my faith because I am surrounded by other believers as well!

Raquel

I have enjoyed it. It is a very conservative school (surprising for being so close to Los Angeles) but the community is fun and the professors are very engaging. Some of the majors are kind of small (eg. The Education Department) so there are less resources, BUT this also means the faculty gets to know you personally and are very willing and able to help.

Laura

Biola University is a safe, welcoming and community centered university. Biola is ranked at the safest university in California, and is known for its close community. Biola has high standards, and is very personal with the students and staff, making sure that everyone feels welcomed and accepted and not treated like a number.

Frida

I love the feeling of peace as soon as you walk onto the campus. The teachers genuinely care for you as a person and there are many resources with regards to mental and spiritual health. I do, however, think the campus is a better fit for students who live on campus. As an OCC, I feel it is more difficult to actually build community here.

Natalie

Biola University seems to be a very caring campus. Everyone is super nice and friendly. The professor whose class I visited made sure to talk to me about the class and campus and make sure I had everything I needed. All the buildings (including the dorms I saw) are modern and nice. They don't seem to have as many extracurriculars as other schools, but I'm not sure. They do have fun yearly traditions!

Mikaela

Biola University is an incredible place full of genuine, Jesus-loving people -- students and professors alike. The students are trustworthy and noble, making campus a safe place. Students quickly feel at home here which makes it easy to thrive academically, spiritually, and relationally. Biola University's campus has a certain spark in it that is filling my soul with joy and making me spread that spark to everyone I encounter off campus.

Stephany

I love the school! The school is a very safe place to be, and I love the diversity and people on campus. The staff is very nice, and helpful. Everyone is so positive, and uplifting. It's a great school! I would tell anyone to apply to Biola University!

Andrea

I love Biola university. The spiritual/theological growth, along with my general education is giving me a foundation I don't think I would receive anywhere else. I would like for it to be a bit more diverse, but in general I do feel comfortable. I look forward to the coming semesters.

Emma

I love the school overall. The community is great, the teachers are great, and it's a great campus. My one criticism would be that the food facilities don't have great hours, especially on the weekend. There also don't seem to be a lot of opportunities for working on-campus, especially for freshmen and sophomores.

Boston

Biola University is an incredible community of academics, artists, politicians, activists, and any one you could dream of. People strive for excellency and the professors make it possible. Everyone is supportive of one another and are welcoming. Biola is unlike any other place I've visited.

Mariah

The sense of community at Biola is amazing. The campus is serene and incredibly safe. The faculty tries their best to not know as a number, but as a genuine person. Professors seek to create relationships with their students and help in any way that they can. I have been learning so much and creating new friendships/connections every day. The classroom sizes are small, therefore, the professor is easily accessible for questions about anything!

Wes

Biola is a fantastic place for anyone who might be looking for a place to grow spiritually, intellectually, and in character development. The community is fantastic in and around campus. But the best part of the Biola experience are the professors. They care and seek to help you achieve success. This school is fantastic!

Kristen

It is overall a fantastic university. It has an outstanding community, fair sized classes, and professors that really value a student's learning and education. It is a beautiful campus, the makes you feel like home. People genuinely care at this school and the faith-based education is taking people far.

paula

extremely friendly campus. facilites are very nice and the overall feel for campus environment is very positive. The food is sometimes iffy but usually the people who work in the caf make very good food. There is also a wide variety of food. Dorms are very nice and the people who live there are welcoming. Professors are easily accessible and will be willing to help with anything.

Makailee

Although Biola's campus is small int begins to grow on you after a while, it becomes a second home just after two weeks of living on campus. Well at least that happened for me. I live in one of the smaller dorms but "small" is very modest, I still have so much room and closet space. The food in the car is amazing and I love that anytime you walk in, its never super crowded and obnoxiously loud. I love Biola.

Stephen

Biola is an exceptional college that provides great activities and events throughout the year while also having an amazing community of people with various personalities. The education is packed with its own set of difficulties and will test your abilities to time manage but there is numerous opportunities to seek help with professors and tutors. Overall Biola is a college that can provide an amazing experience for everybody.

Aimee

As an educator myself, Biola stands out to me because of the school's commitment to personalized and engaging learning, which take place through participatory classes and easy access to professors. I believe that where there is strong community, there will always be active learning taking place because relationships are what stir people to greater heights in gaining tools to make a difference and be change agents in the world.

Miriam

I think that Biola University does an amazing job at providing students with a great education in their studies as well as their faith. Being a Christian university, I could see why some people would hesitate to apply if they believe differently. However, I do not recommend that be a reason you do not apply. You will learn so much more than you ever thought possible.

Katie

It is a very friendly, safe, and overall amazing school. I'm so glad that I've been given the privilege to meet such kindhearted peers, teachers, and academic advisors. I'm a first year student and I'm already loving the atmosphere here. I can't wait to spend the rest of my college life here at Biola.

Xavier

Biola is a peaceful and great school to be at. Many students on campus are very friendly and are willing to help if needed.