Bishop State Community College Top Questions

Michelle

My college experience was a naieve one. I racked up huge student loans thinking I would be able to pay them back with Bachelors degree salary. I now can not see being able to afford attending school.

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd take the opportunity to educate myself about college life, how demanding it is and the importance of staying truly focused. First of all, I'm sure I would sound much like my parents when I began the discussion. However, I'd try to avoid sounding old and jaded as to ensure that I remain attentive. Next, I would be sure to include significant reasons for which being determined is necessary and helps in overcoming obstacles along the journey to success. In addition, I'd emphasize that finding a job/career as a college graduate is much easier than without a degree. I would also advise myself not to allow anyone or anything in life to steer me in an awkward or uncomfortable direction that simply doesn't feel right. Also, stand firm in and strive to apply the strong values and morals that were instilled in me. And last but certainly not least, continue to remind myself that although at times college may seem pointless, bothersome, hopeless or even impossible; remember that in the near future, I will reap the benefits.

Alex

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would say practice managing your time. Timing is everything. You need to know how to balance handling homework and other assignments along with studying for quizzes and exams. This is a very important fact . Managing your time properly could be the key success to finshing your assignments on time. It is also a way to ensure proper study time for exams.