Bishop State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bishop State Community College

Christopher

Bishop State Community College is a very helpful place to start because their level of education is really good and it gives the opportunity to everyone to go there even to the people who barely passed high school and they believe that everyone is deserving of an equal opportunity to go to Bishop State to start the path to success. They want to help their students succeed by giving them an equal education and fair amount to go there without having to pay so much money extra just for basic classes. Overall Bishop State is an amazing place to start college without a doubt.

Constance

Bishop State is an accessible, affordable, and academically intriguing institution. With multiple clubs and access to professors and tutors, there's a reason everyone comes to Bishop. One of the best amenities the school has is the LAC (Learning Assistance Center); there, students can get help with an array of things, from math to science. Also, each campus is unique to a specific field, which makes programs more distinguishable.

kadijah

As most people in Mobile, Al probably know Bishop State Community College has a bad reputation. It's been said that it's unprofessional and ghetto. Quite honestly I thought the same, as an outsider looking in, it doesn't look fancy like the other college. Surprisingly, I have enjoyed my time here. There's small class sizes so everyone gets attention and you can ask as many questions as you want and I love the fact that I am able to have class discussions with my teacher which you might not get in the lecture style large colleges. I'm actually impressed with the way this college is run.

Jalexis

As a freshman of Bishop State community college it is one of the best campus I've been on to . Even though they don't offer on-campus housing they provide us with lots of help during in and out of classes, answer our emails when needed and they are the friendliest staff that are known.

Jalyn

Although, Bishop state is a community college it is very easy. The teachers here are very easy and understanding. Even though I only come here during the summer and a university in the fall and spring semester, I have not had a hard time here at all. I recommend it to any students in Mobile Alabama during the summer. There is no way you should fail here!

Alexis

I love Bishop State. My teachers are available if I need them and answer calls at most hours of the day. I am president of our STEM club and we just got second place in a math competition. There is no on campus housing for our students, but the mall, Dollar Tree, and plenty of food places nearby. My classes push me and are preparing me for university life. I also take upper level classes such as organic chemistry and Calculus III. Bishop is a wonderful place for my beginnings.

Kiara

I enrolled into Bishop State as a freshman this year Fall of 2018. I have found it to be a friendly environment. The appearance of the campus is nice and they have security located on campus as well. My advisor is wonderful and makes students feel like they can achieve their goals. I enrolled for only one class due to there was no financial aid available. I would like to take more courses in the future if possible. The staff made the process really easy when applying and getting registered for classes. Even though I’ve had to drop out due to finances I would love to attend since they are a community college and seem to make it an enjoyable experience. The instructors are knowledgeable and seem helpful and they really want you to succeed. My instructor was very approachable and listens to the students concerns. The prices at Bishop State are very good compared to other schools in the area. You can take the general courses here and save a lot of money. Bishop state offer scholarships for students who attend more than half time. Bishop State Community College is the right fit for anyone who has just completed High school such as myself and would like to start with something that has that familiar environment. Community College is a step above high school but you often will attend class with some of the students from the local high schools in the area. This is what makes it such a good start.

Jalyn

Bishop is by far the best community college. It's easy and the teachers are really nice and very understanding. Also this colleges is cheap and your books, well you can get those yourself if you have to. I only go here for the summer semester and a university during spring and fall semester. I recommend this college!

Icela

Bishop State is a school with a high accredidation and is a great choice to go and pursue furthering you education. Im familiar with several people that have sought out and achieved earning a degree at Bishop State Community College. It gives the next person hope to gain that same achievement.