Blackburn College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Blackburn College

Bailee

It is an amazing school. It gives students many opportunities, so there is something for everyone. It is a small, private school, so everyone knows everyone, and there is never a dull moment on campus. Everyone is so friendly, and there is always something to do. If you want something small with great opportunities, Blackburn is for you.

Rob

I would recommend Blackburn to anybody. We are a work college and for most majors, we have opportunities that are unparalleled. Psych major? Peer Counseling position. Accounting major? Business office employee. Marketing major? Assistant to Alumni Fundraising position. Leadership major? 12 work departments that require managers, assistant managers, and also the to General Managers that manage the entire Work Program at Blackburn. If you want real experience and an incredible resume, come to Blackburn.

Blackburn is a unique college experience that is fantastic. Small school situated in a small town, and the work college program keeps costs manageable while providing the life experiences that employers require. Every employer I interviewed with after college was intrigued by my experience, and I was offered almost every job I interviewed for.

Joseph

I greatly appreciate Blackburn. The class sizes are small and they allow better relationships between students and professors. The staff there are excellent at helping students focus on their studies. It is a wonderful experience and I wish to keep attending there.

Rayanne

Blackburn College is the perfect fit for me. I recently transferred here from a community college in Godfrey, Illinois. Community colleges and pretty small, but Blackburn is even smaller and that is something I like in a school. I went to a small high school, so the atmosphere is something I really enjoyed and got lucky enough to find at Blackburn as well. When it comes to academics, they have a wide variety of options. The courses offered here at Blackburn are never ending. One major component of the academic aspect is the professors, which are outstanding. I have only been here one semester but the amount of help my professors provided was great. I like one-on-one help if needed and none of them have failed to provide me with that. The faculty and staff here truly care about your success. Another thing that makes Blackburn very different is the fact that it is a work program college. This meaning that most of the staff and workers here at Blackburn are students, even the management. This work program is required for on-campus students but is optional for commuting students like me. The work program is a great thing for students to experience because it helps teach responsibility, priority, and time management. It helps improve work ethic, communication skills, and experience. I participated in this program last semester and it does take time and effort, but it is very rewarding. Blackburn overall is a great school. There is a variety of options for a major, various courses, flexible and available teachers, supportive advisors, friendly staff, great resources, and a safe environment. I recommend Blackburn College to anyone who likes the atmosphere of a small school with lots of one-on-one help.

Paige

My overall opinion over Blackburn College is that it is a great school and helps kids get a job within a month after they leave. The teachers are really understanding and help out a student anytime. The faculty is always making sure that you're okay and if you need any help, they're to guide or assist in anyway. With my first time visiting, their were so many students and faculty there meeting and greeting me. They made me feel like Blackburn was a home. It didn't seem like I was just at a school. The students gave me a private tour and helped with any questions that I had. Blackburn College is an excellent college and I would recommend it to anyone.