Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania Top Questions

Gina

I think Bloomsburg University is a wonderful school. I am having an experience of a lifetime here and I couldn't have picked a better university.

Zeynep

For students who want the college experience on a mid sized level Bloomsburg University is the perfect university . With approximately 10,000 students, Bloomsburg is both big enough to explore and small enough to feel comfortable and well adjusted. The main buildings necessary to attend for classes are primarily surrounded around the quad. This makes it easier for students to find classes and even allows for them to take a break and enjoy the scenery while lounging out with their friends. Conveniency aside though, what personally attracted me to Bloomsburg was the calm atmosphere I exhibited while visiting the school. Students seemed at ease while chatting with friends, walking into the commons, and strolling from class to class. This inviting atmosphere further prompted me to want to explore more of Bloomsburg and what it had to offer. Starting off as a freshman I wanted the typical college experience without the anxiety that comes with being overwhelmed in a school that was either too crowded or too quaint. The surrounding environment, a small college town built primarily around the campus, is easy and fun to navigate. Stores ranging from tiny boutiques such as the Purple Zebra to delicious eateries can be found scattered around the town. More importantly though, there's a dollar store, salvation army, and subway for students who are tight on cash or just need a few extra things. That said, for students (like me my freshman year) who are just getting the hang of being on their own, this is the perfect experience to help ween them towards independency. Knowing that my teachers were invested and interested in what I was learning was very important to me. Being an english secondary education major, I was interested in knowing my options and what was to come during the next four years. Initially I found that my teachers were helpful as well as experienced, but that I couldn’t rely on them to remind me about assignments and baby me the way that my previous teachers had in highschool. In this way, I learned to be independent quickly. After receiving a D on my first college exam I was motivated to find out what I did wrong and how I could avoid this in the future. I visited teachers frequently, set up meetings, and ultimately ended my freshman year with a 3.76; something I was very proud to have accomplished. That being said, being successful and comfortable in school were all contingent upon my choice to attend Bloomsburg University. For students with similar wants and aspirations, Bloomsburg could potentially be the school for them too!

Zeynep