Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania

Olivia

Bloomsburg University has become one of my favorite schools I have been too. I have heard from friends about their school and how they do certain things and I think Bloomsburg does it better. The school had offered me a lot of opportunities in the past 2 and a half years. Over those years I have become very close with some staff members and they have helped me become better in my studies and get internship opportunities.

Bloomsburg is my home. It is truly a place you can learn, be yourself, and make friends, as well as new connections that will help you further your education. The faculty and staff at BU truly atrive to give us the best experience they possibly can. With Covid-19, it is a struggle, however BU staff has done everything in their power to keep us healthy and safe, as well as help us continue our education with as much ease as possible.

Gracen

Bloomsburg has a great group of professors that care about their students. We have great resources and great opportunities as well. Although, it is no secret that "college life" occurs casting a partying reputation for our school which casts a shadow on the overall reputation. It is a good school, and those who take their education seriously see that and appreciate it.

Rebecca

I personally love Bloomsburg University. There is no better place for me to pursuing a higher education. The academics for my major (Speech Language Pathology and Audiology) are highly accredited, with a graduate job placement rate of 100% in one year. I enjoy the class material, find it easy to talk with professors, and find the classrooms to be academically enriching. I am also involved in Greek Life. I am a brother in the Zeta Alpha chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi. Through this organization, I have made so many friends and connections while doing fun service projects. I have no complaints about the social activities of which I have been involved with so far!

Rebecca

Bloomsburg University is a beautiful campus, surrounded by wildlife. It is kept clean both inside and outside by custodial workers on a daily basis. The academics are superb, and most professors that I have encountered truly care about assisting their students. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities to keep us busy in between the school work.

Brian

I love it here because it is a diverse campus with people from all across the United States. It is a perfect sized school making it easy to stay focused on your studies. Most importantly, the resources and opportunities that are available here will exceed anyone's expectations.

Noah

I love everything about it. It has a friendly atmosphere and you are able to engage with others and build friendships more so than if you went to a community college. They have an excellent staff and are willing to help you succeed in your career path no matter what you choose. The best thing about it besides the food is that at Bloom U, you can simply be U!

Martina

There's certainly debauchery here and there, but it's to be expected. BU's pretty competitive but has a very friendly atmosphere, and those who work hard deserve some time to chill. Bloomsburg's sometimes the butt of jokes, but in my field of Geoscience/Geology our school is 2nd in the nation for the quality of professors and their program. Unless I moved to Nevada, I'm literally at the best school on the East. It's an awesome school and I'm so thankful every day that I get to go to BU. On a fun note, there are plenty of places around to explore and try new kinds of food and have fun with friends. A lot of people go to bars, but it's a big enough area where you don't need bars to have fun. (That's not my style anyway.) Brennan's Big Chill has the BEST ice cream ever, and it's totally a victory spot after mid-terms and finals.

Bloomsburg University is a great place to get certain degrees. They do not have a lot of specialize programs unless you are majoring in Nursing or Education. The university is usually a pretty hard-core party school, even having a block party once a year.

Natasha

By the end of August, despite the sunny warm weather, we all must go back Lugging our bags into the halls of Columbia, Elwell, Lycoming and others Off our families go, leaving us to anticipate the coming days of change and opportunity October sneaks up, quick and unexpected, and the campus is wrapped in fall colors, a myriad Making us appreciate the mountains around, as squirrels continue to scurry Similarly, our newfound friends, books and classes keep us quite busy By Thanksgiving, a break is required from this place considered by some to be far from utopian Unlike some, with their tall buildings, loud noises and people always running Roongo, our mascot, will tell you, don’t take it for granted Great people make a great place, a great place to be you. Although I have just begun my undergraduate education at Bloomsburg University, my overall opinion of it is a high one. While some may find the campus to be too secluded and not interesting enough, it is kept clean and it is beautiful, which is an accomplishment considering the large population of students. In addition, despite this large population, class sizes are kept on the small side, which makes it much easier to get help from faculty if and when it is needed. There are many resources the school offers to help students with personal and academic affairs. My experience so far at Bloomsburg has been positive, and I look forward to the coming time I will spend here.

It is easy to find groups to belong to. Most of the people in your classes are willing to get together to work on studying and group projects. They have lots of campus-wide activities that you can become involved in and lots of opportunities to join different clubs and go on trips.

Laurel

Bloomsburg is a decent university. It is a small town so there isn't a lot to do outside of campus activities. We do have a beautiful quad and facilities on campus. Bloomsburg is also unfortunately a party school. We even have a day where the town shuts down for the college students to go crazy. The academics of Bloomsburg are decent and Bloomsburg offers a wide variety of majors and minors. Tuition for Bloomsburg isn't terrible but there is talk about raising it. If you are looking for an average state university, Bloomsburg is the one for you.

Elinor

I think Bloomsburg University is a wonderful school and enviroment. The school is very open and helpful when students reach out for assistance. The professors are very easily accessible when needed. There are a plethra of opportunities there and the food is great!

Kelvy

I honestly was a little nervous coming into this school because the way people made college seem was easy and hard at the same time. But bloomsburg is a great place I have met some really great people there. Its just something about the place where you’ll defintely find yourself in a comfortable place. You would definetly enjoy your time there no matter what your interests are.

Kaitlyn

Bloomsburg University was the absolute best undergraduate experience I could have had. I loved the campus atmosphere and the amazing friends I made. I have such a special place in my heart for "the only town in PA." This school prepared me to become an educator and it helped me explore the world around me through activities and study abroad opportunities. This school offers the best social and academic experience you can ask for from a state school.

Michaela

I like the school. There are plenty of people on campus with a lot to do. Most people are nice but there is always that one group. The professors are great. Some are dorky but overall very helpful. Commuting can be rough when it comes to parking. But other than that i greatly enjoy it here.

I love it! My first choice to go to college and I love it.

Erin

Bloomsburg University seems like a culturally open and accepting community, and it is my top school. All the people I met are extremely nice, the food is amazing, and the classes seem very interesting. If I get into Bloomsburg University, I plan to take full advantage of all the amazing opportunities they offer, but I’m also excited to make new friends and join clubs at this university. Lastly, it is one of the more beautiful campuses I have seen and I would be extremely honored to go to this university.

Briana

I love Bloomsburg University. The best thing about attending here besides the academics, is that the campus is so diverse. The people you meet and the experience you have with them is amazing. It is true what you say, you meet your best friends in college. The group of friends I have made is comprised of diverse people yet, we are the same. That is one thing I believe Bloomsburg prides themselves in, which is you can "Be you at BU". You find yourself at college and realize you are diverse, yet you fit in at the same time. It really is an amazing place to attend college.

Slade

I can’t wait to attend Bloomsburg, as I have committed and will be attending this Fall. After getting into Pittsburgh’s satellite school (greensburg), I have decided to commit to Bloomsburg. Bloomsburg’s campus is absolutely beautiful as well as the views.

Andrew

The campus is very tidy and has a great social flow to it and all majors have great professors to go with them and overall choosing the school would open yourself to many opportunities and would better people in the long run. The food and facilities are fantastic and the whole area has a nice feel to it.

carly

Bloomsburg University is not so simple. I enjoy the downtown night life especially around 1 am on a Friday Night, Tri Pi pizza is the best. The Commons area is hit or miss, if its a miss, I typically resort to Husky or Subway. Living in the dorms isn't too bad, the bathrooms stay relatively clean. It's overall a pretty good experience.

Jackelyn

Bloomsburg is a good school that is meant for people of all races, genders, backgrounds, etc. It meets everyone's needs and accommodates those who need more assistance than others. Everyone pulls together when times get tough and the community couldn't be any more welcoming.

Patricia

Attending Bloomsburg University is by far the best choice I made. They offer a really great program for my major (Speech Language Pathology & Audiology). The Academics and Professors are great. The university is relatively safe, and the students are very outgoing. There are a lot of resources that offer a ton of help if you ever need any on campus.

Crystal

I like bloomsburg university a lot. I feel as if it is my second home. I always feel so welcome there, I have met so many amazing people who I call my friends and my teammates. I also met my boyfriend there. The food on campus is great, the housing is good, the academics are great, and athletics are also great.

Natalie

I believe that Bloomsburg University is a great school. It allows the students to learn and grow and become independent individuals. The professors keep office hours and are always willing to meet with you to discuss your progress and help you when you need it. It's easy to form a study group and make friends on campus.

MaryRuth

I am excited to be attending the summer program at Bloomsburg University!! My mother and aunts are Alumni of the University and I have many great memories of visiting with them as I have grown up. I have seen the many changes in the campus and curriculum and I can't wait to experience this new journey which awaits me. Go Huskies!!

Nora

Perfect campus for me to pursue my career.

Gavin

Bloomsburg is a nice place to be and the campus is very nice and buildings are easy to find. Being a student there I feel great pride to call myself a Husky. I am vey happy with my choice in Major and only hope that it will take me on the path to success.

Bloomsburg University is a beautiful college located in the town of Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. The campus is semi-small, welcoming, and safe. After the first couple weeks it is easy to find your way around and know exactly where you are going to. the professors I have encounter thus far, have been incredibly helpful in my academic experience. Every time I have needed a helping hand or additional explanation on class topics my professors where always there to help. There are many extracurricular activities available at this college, allowing students to get involved with their community and meet others who value the same interests as they do. There are countless of organizations and clubs a student can join, and there is the opportunity to create your very own if you wish! I would recommend this college to anyone looking for a small-town feel and the opportunities to get involved and help shape their academic performance for the better!

Kourtney

Bloomsburg University is one of the most well rounded schools in Pennsylvania, with something for everyone. The students and staff and faculty make it easy to fit in and are always encouraging. The curriculum is challenging as well as rewarding.

Madison

Overall Bloomsburg is a great school. There is plenty to do both in and out of class. The professtors are very easy to find and help is always available. The one problem is that it is a large party school. Many students find trouble on the weekends. However it is easy to stay out of the trouble if that isn't you.

Jalen

The campus is Beautiful. I visited it twice and will be enrolling in the summer of 2018. The campus layout is nice and peaceful. The professors that I talked to are very nice and concerned. The y have like a general store to buy everything. The food is the bomb!! So many great places to eat. The food was absolutely delicious!! The buffet café is the best. I ate so much I was stuffed but I walked it off climbing the steps. I liked it and I am looking forward to attending. I also like the mascot--the Husky!!

Tori

If you want to attend a school that gives you the over all college experience, than Bloomsburg University is the school for you! It is located in the small town of Bloomsburg with plenty of things to do and see. The campus is absolutely beautiful and easily accessible, considering that all of the buildings are surrounding the quad. They have plenty of towns and shops located right off the campus, you don't have a car? That's okay! You can walk there! The small campus is perfect for meeting people and creating relationships with the professors, and there are so many opportunities to get involved. With more than 250 organizations and clubs, there is definitely a group on campus for each and every student at Bloomsburg. The school is known for many of their programs like nursing, teaching and school of business, and the professors are extremely proactive making it very easy for Bloomsburg to become a second home. I highly recommend attending Bloomsburg University, it will be the best four years of your life.

William

Tuition is more affordable than most other schools that were on my list. Campus is a nice setting, very social environment. Plenty of activities and opportunities to get involved in whatever interest you. Instructors are approachable and have convenient office hours

Caleb

They care mostly about the students futures and provide us with plenty of opportunities to become successful. The college is right in the middle of Bloomsburg and the town loves the college. Everyone around the college is very nice. The campus is beautiful in both summer and winter. Lots of students to talk to from all over the world and the United States.

As this is my soon to be school in the fall of 2018, I am completely in love with it. The average size makes it feel more personable but there's still a sense of adventure in getting to know more people down the line, the little town down the hill makes me feel at home since I come from Carlisle, and little town itself, and it really sets the tone for a spectacular learning environment and great memories over the course of these next four years.

Jen

Bloomsburg is a great college in a small town. There are many different activities offered at the school so no matter what you are interested in, you will find somewhere to belong. Bloomsburg became my home away from home because of the town, teacher and students. If I could make the choice over again, I would still choose Bloomsburg.

Rose

I love it at Bloom. I am a freshman with two majors and two minors and I feel that I can easily finish my schooling in 4 years because of the way Bloom provides advising and scheduling. I love the food and there are several options for picky eaters like me. My professors have always been readily available and willing to help!

Overall Bloomsburg is an ok school to attend. If your someone who is focused on getting a degree and good grades it's a good fit for you. Lastly the campus is not too big yet beautiful, includes a large quad where people can sit and work or study on a nice day.

Nifeace

I enjoy Bloomsburg University. The town is pretty much quiet unless there is an event going on near by. Bloomsburg is a college town, the campus is almost seen as a center piece of the community. There is plenty of campus involvement whether it be activities and clubs or just shows, and public seminars.

I absolutely love Bloomsburg as a whole. The campus is outstandingly organized and there is always something to do. The professors are all very helpful and they all have office hours set up if a student is in need of extra help. The college is very good to the town and surrounding community as well. They do an annual community service day to the town and help citizens however they can.

Zachary

Ever since my first tour here, I have been in love with Bloomsburg University! It's funny, because my tour at Bloom was the only tour where it rained, and it was POURING that day, yet the friendly, helpful staff just made my day, and more importantly made me feel like I was home. Ever since, I have been an advocate for friends to look at Bloom for college because of the wonder atmosphere and well-respected programs.

Morgan

I love Bloomsburg University. I applied to four different universities, and I'm glad that I chose Bloomsburg. It's close enough to home, the off-campus housing options are better than most schools, the professors care about you, and you feel like you belong. Bloomsburg has plenty of clubs and organizations to offer their students including Greek life, religious organizations as well as academic clubs, and community service options. Their academics are top-notch and I feel that I'm getting the education that I wanted and signed up for. I know I'll be prepared for my future career path when I graduate in 2022.

Talia

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania was not my first choice but became and excellent choice. Bloomsburg has so many opportunities with social networking. Many clubs and sports to join to interact with the school and make friends. The CA’s are good leaders who help out. The classes besides the lecture halls are good sizes. But even in the lecture hall classes the teacher still makes a good job helping each individual out and making sure we all interact. I’ve met a wonderful group of friends in this school that I cherish. Bloomsburg is home.

Makayla

It is a beautiful campus with great faculty/staff. The food is fantastic and the options are endless. The bookstore is so cute and you can get all the husky merchandise for every event. The extracurricular events meet everyone's' interests and hobbies, with 250+ clubs there is no doubt you will find something to enjoy. If you do not see something that peaks your interest you are always able to apply to make your own club. Bloomsburg has it all. Come be you at BU!

My overall opinion of Bloomsburg University is that of a positive one, they have a lot to offer on campus involving activities, sports, clubs, and facilities/food establishments. The other college students I have encountered have mostly been quite friendly, providing a safe and nice feeling to the campus. Professors are often very nice and understanding and will work with you as long as you work with them to.

Grace

Overall Bloomsburg University is a great place to be. Bloomsburg really feels like home to me. If you are looking for a smaller school with lots of instate students Bloomsburg is the place for you. Also campus is very easy to get around and there are tons of options for dining. Another plus of Bloomsburg is that there are tons of ways to get involved and tons of majors to chose from.

serenity

The campus is great and the people are so nice. Bloomsburg says it’s not expensive but it is due to some people not having money. I would love to attend but they need to give me more money to go. Other then that they are perfect. Love BU so much. #GoHuskies

Lucas

When I first came to Bloomsburg, it immediately felt like home. From the people around you, the general atmosphere, the town surrounding you, and many more things, you could just sense the feeling of home seep into your bones. I will never regret going here.