Blue Mountain, MS
Blue Mountain College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Blue Mountain College

Kristy

Blue Mountain is an amazing Christian school that integrates Christian values into their teaching. The campus is beautiful and is located near shops and restaurants. The professors are very interested in our learning and understanding in our classes.

Kate

Blue Mountain is great if you aren't quite ready to be out on your own yet, and if you come from a very religious background. Students are kept very sheltered and there are strict rules for just about everything. So if you need structure, there is LOTS of that to be found at BMC!

Carrie-Lee

Overall, Blue Mountain College isn't a terrible place to be. It's a small school in a tiny Mississippi town that most people have never even heard of. The only things close by are a gas station across the street, Hebrew's coffee shop (which is closing soon), and a car service shop. It's small, but has a homey feel to it, and when you're at your 'home away from home', that's what's most important. So far from what I've experienced, I guess I can't complain about the school too much (academics are great!), but the cafeteria could use some work!

Teeola

You need to stay focus and choices good friend so they can help you stay focus. Always be ready for anything in college because someday are stressful. Try to stay ahead of the game if it just studying the next chapter with out the teacher telling you. As a college student you should stay on the teacher good side and show them you are interest in their class. Work hard even if it kills you and work with people who trying to do there best in class too. They are good support when you don't have it . College is not like High School because you do not have anybody their holding your hand and telling you to do your work or stay on task. It's more independent and making the right choices about your future. College is valuabl to attend for a successful care and higher pay I will get. Their is not to many job out there so i'm going to school so i can start my own business. I hope with this business i could help make more job for the people and help with their financal problem by just giving them a job.

Laylah

My life has benefited greatly due to my experience in college. This semester, my final GPA was a 4.0. This was truly unbelievable to me considering that on the first day of my Anatomy and Physiology class I considered dropping because I lacked confidence in my ability. Being a student has given me a renewed sense of confidence in my capacity to learn and achieve my goals. This new awareness resulting from my college experience has helped improve nearly all aspects of my life. Attending college has been infinately valuable. Having to split my time between work and school has been extremely challenging to me, however, in doing so I have recognized the satisfaction that is born from struggle. I know that the path ahead will be full of challenges that may seem daunting, but I am positive that I these challenges will be overcome. That sense of certainty is the most valuable thing that I will take away from my time in college.

The decision to return to school was sparked by the desire to learn, to advance my career, and to grow as a person. After meeting my son, everything changed. No longer is it a selfish mission to better my personal situation, but a selfless undertaking to provide direction for my son. A rewarding career is not the primary component of my aspirations, but to lead by example and show him that hard work and dedication can really pay off. My greatest desire is to be a good role model for my son and confirm for him that dreams are attainable if you are willing to work hard to achieve your goals. I will continue to excel with exceptional grades and nearly perfect attendance, not only for my own satisfaction, but to show him that regardless of where you begin, if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.

TABITHA

WHAT I HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF MY COLLEGE EXPERIENCE IS ONE ON ONE TRAINING FROM TEACHERS. THEY HELP YOU UNDERSTANT HOW THINGS WORKS. HOW TO USE FORMUALS TO WORK OUT MATH PROBLEMS. ATTENDING SCHOOL ON CAMPUS BENIFITED ME BECEAUSE YOU HAVE OTHER STUDENTS THAT CAN HELP YOU WITH HOMEWORK, CLASSWORK, OR ANYTHING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. THE FACALTIE GIVES U EVERY RESOURCE POSSIBLE TO HELP YOU STAY IN AND ALSO PAY FOR SCHOOL. I JUST LOVE THE FRIENDLY FEELING THAT U GET WALKIN IN THE DOOR, THAT FACT THAT IF U HAVE A QUESTION YOU CAN ALWAYS TALK TO YOUR TEACHER (NOT JUST EMAIL TO EMAIL), IT GIVES YOU ADVANTAGES U CANT GET FROM TAKING ONLINE CLASSES.

My school is a small private college with excellent teachers and a wonderful curriculum.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience so far. Living at the college, you are forced to learn to deal with people and your surroundings. I think that will help me out in the real world when I get a job. I will already have experience with understanding how people are and how to work well with others. Also I have the responsibility of turning in all of my work and managing my time. It is also like being on my own for the first time so I have to get my own food and do my own laundry and clean without any one telling me to do so. The one big thing that has changed for me this year was taking out a loan for the first time to attend this college. Now I have a different responsibility with managing my money. I have to learn to save and put away money to pay back my loan while also having money for books and food.

The worst thing about my school would be the dorms. They are really small and you have to share the bathrooms with 3 other girls. Also in the bathrooms they are no lights in the toliet area and there are no lights in the closet.

Danica

Blue Mountain College is best known for being a private Baptist school. Although many people are of the Baptist faith, many different people with different denominations attend. It is known for the small one on one classes and the Christian based lessons in every class.

There are many things to consider about going to college. If I could give myself advice as a high school senior I would tell myself to major in liberal arts in order to finish core classes and to reasearch majors I am interested in during that time. I would also only recommend to take only fifteen hours the first semester of college. Twelve hours is full time and fifteen hours is one more class added to that; therefore, if a class needed to be dropped, I could remain a full time student. If there is no reason to drop a class, an overwhelming amount of hours is not being taken and hopefully stress can stay under control. In retrospect, good advice is to not take a great deal of hours the first semester, but enough to remain a full time student if a class was needed to be dropped. Doing research on majors and taking core classes the first two years is also very good advice.

Blue Mountain is a wonderful school but like every school it has it's flaws. Location is many people's priorities. Blue Mountain is a very small community. If a small community is not for you, then this school is not for you. It is however about an hour and twenty minutes to Memphis, TN. Tupelo, MS is about 45 minutes away and New Albany, MS is about 20 minutes away. Location is what I consider the worse thing about this college.

My classmates to me is, my second family.

My classmates to me is, my second family.

The one thing I would tell myself about college life and making that huge transition is, just relaxe. You can do this. You are the one who got accepted to this school. Also, it is not high school. You can not kick back like you did in high school. If you do this, college will eat you alive. I can not say this enough, have faith in yourself. You know that you can do this. Yes, it will be hard but, if the school admission counselor who not have let you come here.

The one thing that I brag to my friends about my school, is how we are all family. If you a new student, trust me before long you will know everybody on campus. Everybody is willing to help out anybody no matter what.

Blue Mountain College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.