Blue Mountain, MS
Blue Mountain College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Blue Mountain College

Merry

I am a non-traditional student. When I graduated high school in 1998 I went to NEMCC and obtained a degree in Fashion Marketing. North Mississippi is not the area where you can succeed with a degree in fashion. My mom suffers from manic depression and COPD. I am not able to extend my career in Fashion due to her illness, so I decided to go back to school and become a teacher. I wished that I could turn back time and tell myself that BMC was the place I should go. Money is a big issue for college. Back then I did not know that financial aid would help pay for a four-year degree. I was under the impression that it would only help pay for a two-year degree. If I would have known that I could have graduated from a four-year school with the help of financial aid and scholarships I would attended BMC and already have 9 years of teaching under my belt. But you live and learn! I take my studies very seriously and I am proud to be going back to school to extend my education.

The worst thing about BLUE MOUNTAIN COLLEGE is that the facilities are old. The school is very religious and legendary. It was established in 1873. Some of the buildings are run-down and need attendtion. More attention needs to be on the students needs than the look of the campus. Recently they put in a waterfall in front of the Admininstration Building. We need a paved parking lot for commuting students. We need bigger desks in the Administration Building for students who are not the "norm". We also need mirrors in the gym for Martial Arts.

Chapel is very frustrating at BLUE MOUNTAIN COLLEGE. Students must attend Chapel every MWF. Students are supposed to gain knowledge and insight, but they mainly text & study for their next class. BMC is a very religious school, but many of the students who attend their are not going into ministerial positions. Chapel needs to have speakers who are in all kinds of professions if they want to obtain the majority of the students attention.

Blue Mountain College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.