Martinsburg, WV
Blue Ridge Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Blue Ridge Community and Technical College

Grace

The faculty is nice and is there to help you achieve your goal. You get to build a relationship with your teachers which is great! Plus the main campus is near a large shopping center which is beneficial.

This school is great for someone who is just beginning the college experience. Whether you live close by, not sure what to major in, or just looking for a cheaper option this school is for you. Small class sizes, decent food, nice gym, etc. The facility is great too.

Alize

Blue Ridge has much to offer, but like most schools it has its downfalls, that comes in the forms of professors, and activities available. The professors that I have encountered, are either a bit too set in their ways, and are following class syllabuses from years before, or are new and trying to get the hang of things. While the few activities on campus, there is few information out in public, but rather, you have to contact someone to get contact about the festivities.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about college life, here's what I would say: "Life at Blue Ridge CTC will be better than life at high school. No one will care where you sit at lunch. Most of the students you will meet there will generally be kind and friendlly to you. They won't judge you by your challenges or your interests. They will get along with you when you work on science labs. And speaking of science labs, you won't have to worry about your instructors going over the labs too quickly; they will go over them at an appropriate pace and you will get a lot out of them. In fact, you will get a lot out of the academic classes you take at this collge, more than you've gotten out of your classes at high school. And at this college, you can still be able to do what you did best at in high school, working hard. You'll be sure that you will earn good grades as long as you keep up with your assignments, which are appropriately challenging. Good luck!"

I think that the worst thing about my school is the lack of social clubs/organizations because of the fact that it is a community college and everyone comes and leaves.

A person who didn't enjoy being in a four-year college and woulld enjoy some of the things that are easier about a two-year college and/or a person who has been out of school for a long time and would like to pursue a specific career in someting

Alesia

Blue Ridge Community and Technical College (BRCTC) is a generally well respected institution for Nursing. The Community at large seems to respect the faculty and graduates of the Nursing Program at BRCTC. The number of available slots for the Nursing Cohort Program at this institution each semester is only 24 positions; consequently, the teacher student ratio is very low. This gives each student the ability to receive one on one attention from members of the faculty. The NCLEX pass rate for BRCTC has been 100% for four out the last five years.

I am unaware of a prevailing stereotype of students at our school.

The most popular student activities and/or groups at Blue Ridge Community and Technical College are probably Ms. Jones' Beginner's and Intermediate yoga classes.

They vary. Some of my classmates are really immature, and some are mature. It's mainly the guys who are immature,

I wouldn't really give myself much advice except for be prepared because it is a lot different than high school. But I like college a lot better because you get away from all of those immature kids in high school. You have a more mature, fair, and flexible, free environment in college. And you also get to live on your own. It can be scary, but it's a neat experience.

The only frustrating thing about my school is the book sales. They have the book sales in a tiny closet-size room and it is unorganized.

Lisa

If I could go back to the year 1983, which was my graduating year, I would advice myself to never give up on myself. There were times in my life that I truly wanted to give up, but I never did. I know education is the key to success and even though I went through some rough, rocky, and winding paths, I picked myself up and went back to college. I dropped out of High School and took the GED and passed. I would advice myself to graduate from High School. Even though I have been sucessful with two Community Colleges later in life, I honestly believe if I had graduated from High School, the paths I walked upon would not have been so rough, rocky or winding. I believe it would be the path that I am now on at 44 years of age and I could have accomplished 20 years ago what I am accomplishing today. Therfore, if I had gone to college directly from High School, the transistion to college would have been a lot easier than at 44 years of age.

The only disadvantage of Blue Ridge Community and Technical College is the institution is growing and the Information Technology department is located at the new site, where the whole college will be relocated in about two years.

I believe all people should have the opportunity to attend Blue Ridge Community and Technical College. There are requirements necessary for enrollment such as: a High School Diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED), however, there are also GED classes available to prepare a student for a college degree.

Blue Ridge Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.