Flat Rock, NC
Blue Ridge Community College-Flat Rock

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Blue Ridge Community College-Flat Rock

Robin

Blue Ridge Community College is a great school. The staff works and connects with students to give the students the best education experience possible. Since there are two campuses in neighboring counties, there are problems where the main campus receives access to more opportunities than the other campuses. However, no matter what campus you attend the staff works hard to make the students social and educational experience a great place for all. There is not one staff member, from the administrators to the janitors, that does not interact with the students and get to know them. Staff works hard to help the students with any means and since the colleges are usually filled with students from the surrounding community and the high schools, the community between the students is very close. The college is also the founder of the states third largest community college scholarship program, which gives scholarships to over fifty-seventy five percent of the students that attend as well.

Jacob

What BRCC lacks in size it makes up for in heart. The professors are always available for one-on-one instruction and love to extend a helping hand in moving students forward in their fields. Other campus faculty is friendly and helpful in any way necessary and the students have each other's backs. As a former peer-tutor I have seen first hand the benefits of the family-like community that BRCC has established in that students constantly talk about how those who are acing certain classes will share notes and help run study groups in order to ensure that everyone succeeds to the best of their ability.

Katelyn

I think this is a really good community college. There is not a lot of students so the class sizes are very small. This makes it easier to get to know your classmates and instructors and feel comfortable in your classes. Overall, it is a good school and town to be apart of.

Drue

Blue Ridge is a great school for those who are looking to save money in their undergraduate pursuits.

Study hard! I went into college with the mindset that it would be as easy as high school was and I did not attack my courseload with the tenacity I should have. That was about three semesters ago and I am still trying to get my GPA up to a 3.8, to match my high school GPA. College is hard but I'm smart and I wish I had known that fully from the beginning.

Blue Ridge Community College is not the ideal school for students who are looking for a "real college experience" or a heavy social aspect of school. It is, however, great for those who are looking to save money in their undergraduate pursuits.

I'm not sure what my school is best known for besides it's location. You will find Blue Ridge Community College nestled in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains.

I would tell myself that college is great. Everyone is there for the same reason; to get an education. I had a hard time dealing with the whole popularity/peer thing in high school. So when I went into college it was like a breath of fresh air. Everyone's not talking or gossiping about one another. There's no pressure of "what's cool to wear" or "who it's okay to befriend." I left high school the end of the first semester of my senior year because of all the gossip and rumors that were spread about me. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I regret the decision, but I went back to Isothermal Community College and received my GED and finished. Now I'm in my second semester of my freshman year at Blue Ridge and have already been accepted on the Dean's List. I have never felt better about myself. So yes, the number one thing I would tell myself would've been, "Just stick it out. College is nothing like high school; it's better."

Shouldn't? That's a hard question. I feel like everyone who is interested in furthering their education should persue it. No matter what school, what background, or what major. I feel no different about a community college than I do a university. Everyschool offers an education, and that is what should matter.

Blue Ridge Community College-Flat Rock administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.