Blue Ridge Community College-Weyers Cave Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Blue Ridge Community College-Weyers Cave

Lania

Blue Ridge Community College could use some more helping with creating better hands on projects around the campus and creating more in campus gaming and competition against other classmates during free time to create a more amusing and enjoyable time for all. All together Blue Ridge Community College is a great college and could be the start of your future.

Jillian

Nice variety of online courses, though I wish on campus had more varying time slots. I've had excellent professors throughout my education. The advisors are generally helpful, but not so much when accessing the needs of an older student in comparison to a usual aged freshman. The campus is always well maintained!

Abby

BRCC is a great place to get general education classes out of the way cheeply- but not a great place for much else. I've made a few friends here, but feel lacking in deep friendships. Being interested in music at BRCC is hard because there aren't really any opportunities. However all my professors have been intelligent, caring people, and for that I am very grateful.

Abigail

Blue Ridge Community College has a beautiful campus. During my time there I've had class with a lot of great professors that definitely stick to their office hours but are available to help you when they can, and are very available over e-mail. Most professors I had are more than happy to work with you and are easy to communicate with. I've had a lot of positive of experiences with the professors. There is not much around campus though, there's a subway a couple of minutes away but that's about it.

Antonia

The campus is pretty and very pleasing. It's a small campus so the classes are relatively close to each other, making it easy to get from one class to another. The class sizes are mostly small which is a plus, because your instructor usually is more lenient then. The food isn't that great, it's like an exxon stop, but it's not horrible. The computer lab and library are easy to access and very nice.

Anika

I appreciate the class flexibility and distance ed availability. It is mostly a commuter campus that is centrally located in my county. As a result, there is not much outside of academics to get involved with. But the class scheduling works well for someone who has full-time employment like me.

Sydney

this community college is top of the line. From the beautiful campus to the amazing staff, I have yet to find a complaint. They offer many different degree plans and opportunities for anyone to further their education. If I could gain a bachelors degree through BRCC, I would!

It is a community college, so it is a great school to go to if you want to save money! Then transfer to where you want to go afterwards, besides it’s just another degree to earn, to have your associates degree, and your bachelors is a double whammy.

When I first walked into those doors for my first day off class, I was terrified. I was sixteen, and taking a Spanish college class with people who were much older and much more experienced than me. However, I soon learned that college is nothing to be afraid of! The teachers are phenomenal and they make their classes fun and enjoyable. There are always people around to help guide you to new places. Whether it's other students or just college faculty, everyone is willing to help. Blue Ridge Community College is a wonderful place to go and get an education, and make new memories and friends!

Ariel

I love Blue Ridge Community College. The campus is pristine and the students are down to earth. The professors care about their students and the courses are equally as challenging as something at JMU. The pricing is competitive and the value is there. I really enjoy my time at BRCC.

Kathryn

I enjoy going to Blue Ridge Community College. I think the professors are very nice and they are always willing to help. The classes I have taken so far have been great; my professors are awesome and the course material is difficult enough to challenge me to work hard while still being easy enough that I can understand it. I have found that my classmates are usually nice, but not a lot of people associate with me outside of school. Overall, I think Blue Ridge is a great school with great people.

amber

Blue Ridge Community College is a great stepping stone for people who would like to get a degree. The teachers in the classroom provide students with the academics they need to succeed. BRCC also provides students with personal and life skills that are needed outside of the classroom as well.

Savannah

I have no regrets in attending this community college and would recommend it to anyone. The environment is open and the professors are there for their students. They encourage free thought, and push their students to succeed. The resources are abundant and the advisors are knowledgeable. If any professor or advisor is uncertain they will go the extra mile to assist you in your inquiries. I enjoy the student body for the most part as well. My peers are eclectic and off many new ideas, thoughts, and ways of looking at life. I feel I have found an appropriate Associates that will help project me into having a successful career(s) in the future.

Dianna

Blue Ridge Community College is an excellent place to pursue a degree. Not only is the atmosphere inviting, but the professors are welcoming and helpful. The facilities are well kept and ever expanding. There are many agreements with 4 year schools that facilitate furthering education. Overall a great place to receive an education

Jaime

I am a strictly online student, so I am only on campus every once in a while for exams. From the time I am there, I enjoy being on campus. I gave housing one star because as a community college, there is no housing available through the school. While the café doesn't have a lot of options, the ones they do have are pretty goo. They also have a coffee bar in the main classroom building and vending machines around almost every corner.