Bluefield, WV
Bluefield State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bluefield State College

Tiffany

The school needs major work on how to handle financial responsibilities and some curriculum studies. This is my second college that I've attended in life and I was better at my last one. Bluefield State does well with accessibility to help and handling events but I personally do not like it.

Hope

I spent one semester as a student and absolutely hated it. The only reason I was a student in the first place is because the campus is only five minutes away from my house. The plus side to such a close campus is that I could live at home and had a support system close by. The downside is there isn't currently any on campus housing in the first place. Bluefield sucks, don't attend the college and definitely don't live here.

Josie

The most frustrating thing about Bluefield State College location in the winter time. The roads can get bad in the area depending on the snow.

Do not withdraw from classes because you think you have found a job good enough to make a living. The reason being, is that if/when you lose that job then you will have nothing to fall back on to fix things. Getting another job will be difficult and will be a paycut. Finish and do well in your classes, so you can get your degree and live without the stress of what might happen.

Bluefield State College is best known for it's engineering and science programs.

Jeffrey

I was a non-traditional student and it was an excellent choice for me. It transferred most of my credits from my Associates Degree. Classmates and I met in-person once or twice a week for over a year. We also had to take classes on-line. All of the professors came to our satellite location in Fredericksburg, VA. My advice for prospective students is to take advantage of programs like these especially if you are a working adult.

Dear Jeffrey, unfortunately you married your high school sweetheart right after you graduated and you did not understand the full implications of that choice. But fortunately you did listen to your elders advice about how easier it is to enter the Federal Service while overseas. You took advantage of establishing your career while your military spouse was assigned in Germany. Your decision to enter the Federal workforce in your early twenties laid a great foundation for your career. You were able to build your career and also made the good decision to obtain your Associates Degree with Honors during your divorce process. The Federal Government also paid for you to obtain your Bachelors Degree. So you obtained two degrees with no student loans. My advice to you as a high school senior is trust your decisions for your education and your professional career because you are driven and determined. But please do not get married until you are in your thirties. Take the time to know yourself and your values so you make a good decision for your life partner.

My current school is geared toward the military.

Haley

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone looking to get the real college experience. By the real college experience I mean living on campus in dorms and having the social interaction that you would get at most normal colleges.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the amount of stairs that I have to walk up to go to class. Not only do you have walk up three flights of stairs in the building, you also have to walk up three sets outside, rain or snow.

If I could go back in time, I would have told my high school self to attend a different college. At the time, I picked my current college for all the wrong reasons. I did not realize that the college was so non-social. I have made minimal friends and if I would have went to a different college I could have had the normal college experience most kids experience. I am very thankful for all the oppurtunities given to me by going to my current college, but just wished I had choosen something different. Back in high school I was deciding whether I should go to a college and live in a dorm and I now wish I could have told myself that that is what I wanted to do.

Someone who is willing to put effort into their grades and doesn't want the pressures of larger class sizes should attend this school. It is also a good choice for any non-traditional students.

I have made a lot of friends and learned a lot in my past year and a half of college life. Being around other hard working students has made me want to push myself harder to reach my goals and graduate. I hope my experience and degree will help me find a good job when I graduate and choose to go to post-graduate school.

It focuses on careers in reliable job markets, while still providing a social atmosphere for people of many different cultures and backgrounds.

Nellina

Most of my classmates are from various states and are mostly working adults trying to make a life for themselves and their families.

I attend Strayer University, and I think it is mostly known for its online classes. Strayer is also known for its attractiveness for the working adult. They tend to understand how difficult it can be to work, take care of a family, and attend college.

I have gotten self-confidence and reassurance of myself from attending college. I have received the acknowledgement that I needed to verify that I can do it. If I apply myself to the situation, I can overcome any circumstance. I was insecure about myself before starting college, and I believed that I was worthless. College has proven to me that I am not any of these things, that I can do anything that I put my mind to. Therefore, this summer, I am looking into attending college abroad in Australia. This will prove to myself that I can do anything, plus it will give me the self-confidence that I need to pursue new ventures.

Jordan

I believe a self motivated student that does more than whats required should go here because its easy to become complacent.

Out of my college experience, I have gotten a decent education and a deeper desire to continue my education. I learned a good deal outside of books and I conducted research in areas that I never forseen myself. This experience had its ups and downs but overall it was a decent experience. The education I got at the school was valuable because it prepared me in certain areas for me to be successful. I also made friends and developed relationships with certain teachers that have to potential to be life long bonds. These people keep me motivated and inspired to acheive and do great things in my life.

My school is a good school for the price of tuition.

David

Millsaps College is a jewel in liberal arts education especially when one considers its location and the city's past. Located in the deep south where people are generally conservative, Millsaps offers an educational haven for students from surrounding states. The college also receives a relatively large number of international students considering the low enrollment, approximately 1100. The professors at Millsaps are truly engaging and have won numerous awards in their respective fields. It is very easy to find them after class, or even after office hours during which they can be quite accommodating. Millsaps was not my first choice but I knew I wanted to go to a liberal arts school. Sometimes, I regret my decision, but there are times when I am talking to my friends from other universities that make me realize how much I have learned over the past two and a half years. It's valueable because I have learned so much from other disciplines, yet at the same time I feel well versed on subject material in my majors. A broad cirriculum with a specialized focus, that's a Millsaps College experience.

High school athletes that are looking to gain a lot of national attention in the sports world. Millsaps is not big enough to support those types of athletic programs.

Because of its small size, the atmosphere can remind me of high school sometimes. The most frustrating thing is the the lack of meal plan options available to students. There is only one option which includes 21 meals a week when most students do not eat breakfast during the week, wasting thousands of dollars over 4 years.

Bluefield State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.