Bluegrass Community and Technical College Top Questions

Jeanna

It is very hard to get in touch with anyone on the phone to answer questions that I have.

I can honestly say that to me there is nothing wrong with my school. I enjoy it, the classes are small so it makes me feel less overwhelmed. The teacher's are also very helpful with anything you may need. Plus BCTC offers a variety of courses to look into if I ever decide to change my major.

Because it is a community college, some of the credits are not transferable to all colleges. This makes it difficult, considering you've paid for a course you don't need.

The versatility of the school: courses are available in class, day/evening/weekends; online; or a combination of the two. It really allows for a flexible schedule. Their online courses are also available during a regular semester term, or in modules, or you can pick when you start and have 40 weeks to complete the course. All these options make it impossible for time to be an excuse to not to further one?s education. And secondly, money is the next reason, and the community college has the lowest rate of all higher education in the state.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that it is only a two year college. I am only going to get my associates and then I will have to transfer to another school to continue my education. It is a hassle to transfer, I know because I have experienced the process already, and I just would like a school to offer my major in a four year university.