Boise State University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

I don't know, for BSU i think the students are labeled as republican gun-toating hotheads? I hate "stereotypes", and Unigo is only promoting people to call each other names, thats not right. So what if they are nerds? or jocks? pretty much any kid who can afford to go to school and not live on campus is a rich kid campus. I'm not saying thats bad, I'm saying people all across our nation are suffering from inequality, and people can no longer afford yachts. How is it right that only the top 2{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of Americans can afford higher education? College nowadays is not a luxury, its a necessity nowadays.

Kosette

A mixture of jocks and outdoors people. Both are very common on campus between our multiple varsity sports programs, our club and intramural sports programs, and our prime location in a great outdoors region.

Kandra

The stereotype of students at Boise State is that we are all crazy party-goers who are more concerned with football than academics. It is true that we love to have a good time and enjoy watching our phenomenal football team (Go Broncos!!!); however, we also have many bright and studious students who always put forth their best effort in classes. As a member of the Boise State Honors College, I have had the opportunity to take challenging courses and meet ambitious students that share my work ethic and desire to take advantage of all the academic resources Boise State has to offer.

Nichollas

I think the biggest stereo type that is pinned on Boise State University is that all we care about is our football team. Granted, as a student body we generally all support our team but students here are just as committed to academics as we are to our sports. Boise State academics are continually growing.

The typical stereotype is older individuals and working people. Most students are commuters, which in a way makes Boise State a lot like a community college.

There isn't really a stereotype that presented itself to me before I attended the college. However you would get the impression that the school and the entire town is entirely invested in the football team and you would be right. Of course that applies to most students not all.