Chestnut Hill, MA
Boston College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Boston College

Katherine

Find a college that when you walk onto the campus and look around, you just know that this is the place for you. It's like meeting a best friend. There may be things you don't like or could be better, but at the end of the day, the college you choose should be one where you can be yourself and will guide you as you become the person you are meant to be.

Amaany

I think our community's level of school spirit is unique.

I think our community's level of school spirit is unique.

I wish I had known that people in Boston are not as open to different kinds of people as are the individuals I am used to living with in New York City. I also wish I had known that I would have wanted to explore different concentrations instead of directly applying for the school of management.

Focus less on the academics and more about the students, the people, the environment because that will effect your child's learning experience more than anything else.

Jacob

Do your research. Try to find a school that really makes sense for you. Remember that things will change, and it is up to you to make the best of that.

Football really is a big deal. The students are often rich snobs.

I've expanded my mind.

Molly

Being a very good school. I would say BC football is pretty popular too.

Being a very good school. I would say BC football is pretty popular too.

I would advise them to choose the school that they feel most comfortable at when they visit . If you arrive on campus and feel at home at once, that's the school for you. When I went to BC for the first time, I fell in love. You need to find a school that balances academic work with your social life. BC is a challenging school, and I spend A LOT of time doing work... But, I have a great social life and go out every weekend with my friends.

It's really expensive, and I am going to have a lot of debt when I graduate.

Douglas

Although today, we, as Americans, face an economically trying time it is important to still put your son or daughter?s needs first. College may only be a four year fraction of their lives; however, depending on the college or university the memories will last a lifetime and the degree will bring opportunity for a lifetime. Every college will have sporting events, parties and other social activities as well as academic adventures, but where the schools differ are how easy they make the students adjustment from living at home going to high school classes 7am till 3pm compared to living away from their loved ones and having a sporadic schedule of events. The university that makes the adjustment period easiest for a student will have the student academically focused sooner and give them the ability to gain friendships faster. Once the adjustment period ends, in order to make the most out of college, the student needs to let his guard down and be open to new things such as joining interesting clubs. Finally and most importantly keeping your dorm room door open for visitors because you never know when the friend of a lifetime may pop in.

The combination of academics, school spirit, the social scene and the location so close to the city of Boston makes this a great school to attend.

Boston College students are very devoted and serious about their academics but also know how to show school spirit and socialize when appropriate.

I would definitely advise visiting the college and doing as much research as you can to find out if you would be a good fit for the school. Also, visit many schools to get an idea of what you do or don't like so you can narrow down the selection. I would talk to students or faculty at the school to get a better sense of what the school is like and if it is something you are looking for. Make sure it has the resources you want or need and that you can definitely see yourself attending the school and enjoying it. To make the most out of the college experience, try and learn as much as you can and get to know people on a different level. Everyone has something to offer and there is so much to learn-embrace it!

Andrew

My classmates are diverse, fun, engaging, and focused students.

My classmates are diverse, fun, engaging, and focused students.

To discover the most about each college that the student has been accepted to. Do not jump to conclusions because of money or academic rankings.

Boston College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.