Chestnut Hill, MA
Boston College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Boston College

Dylan

There are certainly a lot of people that fit that description, but there are plenty more that don't. The school has a lot of drinking, but it's not too bad.

The majority of the professors here are very good. There are many that are incredibly good at their subject and aren't condescending about it. They take the time to get to know your name and who you are, if you're willing to put a little bit of effort into it. The only downside is that, as a freshman, you get shafted for the upperdivision classes. The really good and popular ones are always full by the time you go to register, so you're left kind of hanging.

Students are rich, white, entitled stereotypical New England jerks. They're all Red Sox fans that care way too much about their appearance. BC is a hard partying school.

Andrew

The best thing about BC, for me, is the sports. Some of my best memories involve BC Athletics, whether its football, hockey or basketball. The size of the school is ideal, it's big, but not so big that you feel like a brick in the wall. It's big enough, however, that you never stop meeting new people. The administration is a bit strict, but it's always easy to find something going on, especially since you are so close to the city.

The student body is definitely a mixed bag. There is no shortage of guys and girls that seem to be stuck in high school. You have your fair share of massholes too. With BC appealing to more people nationally, the variety of students is growing. It's hard to be out of place at BC because no matter what you are like, there is definitely a group of friends that you can identify with.

The BC Administration has been cracking down on off-campus parties because the residents around the campus keep denying their expansion plans. The residents, for some reason, think that college neighborhoods should be quaint, quiet places and they wont hesitate to call the school or the Boston Police if there is a party.

For some people, yeah, but there alot of normal people at BC. It's definitely a mixed bag.

The academics are good. The class sizes are rarely huge, so it is easy to get to know your professors. The one problem I have with academics at BC is that at times, you are just expected to just take your professors word for it on certain things. You can take classes that are geared toward a profession and you can take classes just for the sake of learning. They require 5 classes per semester, while most schools require 4. You get a chance to take more electives that just interest you.

The sporting events are pretty popular, football is better attended than hockey or basketball. The fanbase is pretty weak for an ACC school. There are parties and a pretty good bar scene almost every night of the week, usually thursday to saturday though. There is no Greek Life. Since you are in Boston, there are a ton of non-alcohol related events for you to do, including concerts.

Massholes, Popped Collars, Superficial

julian

bc is really the perfect combination of academic difficulty and a great social scene. It's pretty well-known that bc has great academics, but a lot of internships and business companies who come here talk about the fact that although many see bc as a level below the ivy leaguers, bc grads often get jobs that the ivy's can't because of the combo of smarts and social skills where many ivy kids are just nerds. there is a lot of work on the weekdays, but bc is greatly underestimated when it comes to parties. friday and saturday are always lively, both on and off campus, and most thursdays too are bc party nights. also, on low work weeks for many students and/or big events, many students will go out over a night in the library. for example, red sox games, celtics, concerts, bc sporting events. sports are Awesome at bc, not only at the varsity level, but throughout. the club teams are all really good, and the intramurals are even really competitive. becasue bc admissions puts so much emphasis on extracurriculars, tons of the students played varsity sports in high school, so the fan base gets really into it, and also turns into a good-looking campus. i would guess about 75 percent of guys were captain of a sport in their high school, and about 40 percent of the gals. so football games are an entire day of tailgating, and all the sporting events have a great atmosphere.

the preppy steriotype is only accurate on the weekends, such as going out and at parties, but during the days its pretty informal, sweatpants and a t isn't unusual for classes, etc, the girls are above average, but not amazing, party scene is underrated here- we throw down pretty big

all rich preppy kids, great girls, ok party scene

Ally

BC is just the right size and has great opportunities for everything you want to do. Everyone is really involved and people are encouraged to become better people, not just good students.

BC is not very diverse, but there is a lot of school spirit.

No, BC is very preppy and not very diverse, but there are a lot of people who do not fit into these categories. Everyone is really athletic though.

Professors are very nice and helpful, classes vary in size.

The community service clubs are most popular. Everyone is really encouraged to be involved in a lot of different things. There are tons of speakers and performances and there is always something to do.

That BC is very preppy and conservative. That all the "frat boys" and sorority girls go to BC. Everyone is really athletic and wealthy.

Mike

Chestnut Hill is not a college town at all. Almost all students live off campus junior year, and almost all of them get in severe trouble with the police. It is impossible to have a party without the cops/off campus RA coming, this is especially true because most of them are under 21. BC wants to expand its campus, but to do so, it must have the support of the neighbors. Therefore, they want to stop all off campus partying, so that the neighbors are happy and will let BC grow. Thus the student body suffers. College students drink a lot, there's nothing that you can do about that, but BC tries to get us in unnecessary amounts of trouble. The Mods are the greatest part of BC. I live in the Mods as a senior, and I could not be happier with them. They are a small townhouse community on campus made up of 78 townhouses, with six seniors in each. They are great for throwing parties and especially great for tailgating before football games. The Mods are one of the most important part's of BC campus. Almost all seniors move back on campus senior year, and I think that is one of the things that makes BC so special. As I mentioned earlier, it is very hard to have fun living off campus because the cops break up almost every party. Thus, spending senior year on campus is great because it allows all of the seniors to enjoy their last year in college without any threats of getting in trouble with the law. It's also nice because all of your friends live relatively close to one another, making it easier to stay in touch with all of the friends you've made over the last four years. I think BC is just the right size, at about 2,000 per grade. One thing that was very difficult about my adjustment to college was living on the Newton Campus freshman year. The Newton Campus houses approximately half of the freshman class and is located a little over a mile from campus. Students must take a bus to and from campus for classes and any other events. Making the adjustment to college was very hard to begin with, but having to wake up extra earlier and wait in the freezing cold for a bus every morning, made it even more difficult. Needless to say, my attendance in class and my GPA suffered freshman year as a result. Looking back as a senior, I have a tremendous amount of "Newton Pride." However, I was not nearly as happy to be there when I was a freshman. Living so far away from the rest of BC made it very hard to have a social life (aka go to parties, make friends with upper classmen, make friends with the other half of the freshman class, etc). I joined the frisbee team my junior year, and that was probably the best decision I made in college. I became friends with a bunch of BC student's with the same fun loving sense of humor that I have. It has been a great opportunity for me to get into the best shape of my life, all the while playing a game that I absolutely love. The friends I have made from the frisbee team are some of my best friends in college and will definitely stay with me for years to come. I think it is very important for students to get involved in college in order to make friends who have similar interests. BC does not have any greek life, so it is hard for a lot of students to find a good group of friends. The frisbee team has been that group for me. Not to mention, we're absolutely nasty at frisbee and finished 18th out of 80 teams at a national tournament in Las Vegas last month.

There are a lot of rich white kids. A lot of them are really stuck up and care way too much about material things. They are also very quick to judge people based on appearance. I got very caught up in this as well freshman/sophomore year. However, I have now realized how stupid that and base my opinions of others on their actions and not their appearance. I think it is important for students coming into BC to not get caught up in this sort of thing. My roommate is the president of SASA (South Asian Student Association) and also a homosexual. He's a great kid and one of my best friends at school. There is plenty of diversity on BC's campus; you just have to find it. I know at a lot of schools, most students just wear sweats to class everyday. This is not the case at BC. A lot of athletes wear their team sweats to class, but besides that, most students wear jeans and a clean t-shirt to class. Many also throw on a shirt with collar in the morning as well. BC students come from all over the country because it is such a well respected school. Of my six roommates, 2 are from MD (didn't know each other before college), 1 from MA, 1 from CT, 1 from NH, and 1 from TX. Different types of students really don't interact that much. The Asians tend to hang out with the Asians; the blacks hang out with the blacks, and the whites with the whites. There is no dislike or anything between these groups. It's just kind of the way things work out. I have couple of Asian friends and a couple of black friends, but for the most part, each race tends to hang out predominately with members of the same race. The majority of students in CSOM (Carroll School of Management) are very, very interested in money and making lots of it after graduation. Most CSOM seniors know how much each of the "Big Four" firms' has as a starting salary and signing bonus. Before this year, I thought signing bonuses were just for professional athletes...

I think I've covered most things already.

BC has a very small computer science department. As a result, the professors know almost all of the students, and you will frequently have the same professor more than once in your college career. I think this is a great feature because it allows the students to form a much stronger relationship with their professors. I'm taking five classes as a senior, and I have had all of the professors at least once before. I spend most of my time in the computer lab in the basement of Fulton Hall. It is designed for the computer science majors, and there are always at least a few CS kids in the lab. This is great for working on homeworks or projects because your classmates are always there to help you if you have a question. It is also very similar to a lot of computer labs in the real world where we might end up working one day. CS majors, like most college students, have a tendency to procrastinate and leave large programming assignments until the night before. It is great to have the computer lab because everyone will be there working together and helping each other out when one of us hits a bump in the road. You can't learn computer science just by reading text books (I never even open mine), so it's great to have a place where you and your peers can learn together from one another. My only regret is that I did not discover this computer lab until the end of my sophomore year. It would have been great to know about this useful resource as a freshman. I took a year of physics as part of my "hard science" requirement for my CS major. This was the only "pre-med" class that I took at BC, and I really did not like the format of the class. It is my understanding that all pre-med classes are set up in the same way. No one actually gets As or Bs on the tests and it is all based on a curve. Thus, all of the students are competing against one another and hoping that their peers do poorly on the exams. I do not think that this is very conducive to learning. I prefer to have all of the students working together to help one another learn the material and to succeed.

There are a lot of heritage groups for the minorities at BC. I think these groups of very popular, and a great way for students to meet others of similar background. There are also a lot of singing groups of campus and a couple of comedy groups. Intermural sports are probably the most popular thing on campus because most students played some sport in high school and now have no athletic competition in college. Intermural football/basketball/soccer/volleyball/softball are all great ways to play sports in college, especially for those who aren't Division 1 athletes. I am on the Men's Ultimate Frisbee Club Team. I absolutely love the team and the sport. It has been a great way for me to get involved on campus and to make friends with a lot of kids who are a lot like me. There is a big stereotype that the sport is just for hippies, but it is actually extremely competitive and demands a lot of hard work and tons of running. The majority of the team does not even smoke. Since BC has to Greek life, the frisbee team is kind of like a fraternity. We have a "Frisbee House" off campus where 8 upperclassmen on the team live and throw parties for the team. I am a senior on the team and the only one who lives in the Mods, so we have a lot of parties at my place as well. We love to play frisbee, but we also enjoy partying on weekends, and it's great to have a whole group of guys with the same interests. We have also been having more and more alumni support recently at practice and at social events. It is great to have the older members still involved with the team. On Tuesday nights, most seniors find themselves at Mary Ann's bar in Cleveland Circle. The bar closes at 2, so most of us are making our way to Roggie's for some late night pizza and hoping to catch the last bus back to campus. BC has a club called "Nights on the Heights" which hosts non-alcohol events on weekends for BC students who want to have fun without drinking. A lot of my friends from the frisbee team are involved with this program. They have had a guitar hero night, rock band night, inflatible night at the plex with sumo wrestling and human foosball, which was a lot of fun. All 5 of my roommates lived on my floor freshman year (including my "random" freshman year roommate, who is one of my best friends at BC). On the very first day of freshman year, our floor had a meeting with our RD, and he told us to look around at the 30 kids living on our floor because they would probably be some of your best friends for the rest of your life. He was right. Seniors don't really go to off campus parties because all of our parties are on campus. A lot of underclassmen and juniors attend off campus parties. Now that everyone is 21, we go out to bars around Harvard Ave during the week. Most weekends are spent going to different parties on campus.

one major stereotype is that the majority of the student body is made up of rich white kids with too much money

Cody

BC is awesome in that is is right outside of the city so it still has that closed campus feel while Boston is a t-ride away. While at first the size of the school may seem overwhelming, you soon see the same people all the time and it begins to feel more personal. When not at classes most student spend time at the Plex working out, hanging out with friends, going out to eat, shopping, and of course going out on weekends. Having D1 sports is awesome because there is usually a game to look forward to and football games are a ton of fun. There is usually somewhere to go on the weekends, however it can be difficult at times to find plans. Once you get to BC, you realize that partying usually takes a backseat to studying.

Most students wear the latest fashion trends and designer clothing and products are prevalent around campus. Most students come from the upper-middle class. A majority of students are Republicans and politics is prevalent around campus.

I would say that most of these are true. A majority of the students here were three-sport varsity athletes who were in the top of their high-school classes. Most students here are preppy or at least conscience of what they wear and how they present themselves. The students are also very cliquey.

The classes here are generally taught by professors, however some are taught by grad-students,and a majority of them don't speak English. The professors here do care about their students and they make themselves available through office hours. Most students don't spend time with their professors out of class freshman year because the big lectures make it hard to get to know them. BC is a liberal school so in turn students are required to take certain classes as part of the core. This can seem restricting at times because it differs students from taking classes they may be interested in taking so that they can fulfill the requirements.

4Boston is an extremely popular volunteer group on campus. Over 300 students volunteer for four hours a week at one of many off campus centers and then have a one hour reflection with their group. The Student Admissions Program is the most popular volunteer program. The SAP helps the admissions office with tours, answering phones, and panels for prospective students. Many students take part in club and intramural sports. The football team is the most popular varsity sport among the student body. Freshman year most people meet their friends in their dorm, in class, or in the groups or organizations that they are involved with. This does take a while and because the school is large you are constantly meeting new people. Most people here do not date, rather they hook up with random people on the weekends and move on to someone new the next night. The amount that people party depends on their schedules and their workload for the week. BC is definitely work hard to play hard. While people go out on weekend night, many people spend the weekend afternoons studying for an upcoming exam or working on an assignment. There is no Greek life so parties are in random rooms each night.

Preppy, smart, athletic, well-rounded, snobby

Kate

The best thing about BC are the opportunities. The opportunities to be active in academics, volunteer work, social groups, or student government are endless. BC inspires its students to actualize their own goals, to explore and set goals and then use the University's resources to realize them. If I could change one thing it would be the division of the sophomore class between College Road and Lower Campus. BC's size is very accessible: large enough for diverse social and academic opportunities but small enough so that greek life and other social groups are not necessary to create a sense of community. On Campus, I spend most of my time in the dorms. Study lounges are great for class work, and the dorms are great little communities. Boston is probably the biggest college town in the country; there is no little college street, but Newton center isn't far and Downtown has about a million little nooks for exploration. School pride runs rampant. No matter where you are, there is a strong sense of unity, especially during special events and games. No line holds more true at BC than: "For here all are one."

By and large, stereotypes at BC are wrong. While the Ugg population is probably record-breaking and the boys are mostly "preppy," no one is an idiot. People may like to party, but everyone's first priority is their work. At the end of the day, Uggs and Polos are secondary accessories to books and essays.

Professors at BC care so much about their students. Even in huge lecture intro classes, one visit to office hours and the professor knows your name AND uses it during class. For my intro history class, I had one question on a reading and ended up spending 45 minutes in my professors office talking about my adjustment to college. My favorite class is my Studies in Poetry class; the teacher, Sue Roberts, is so engaging and treats students as equals in the exploration of poetry. She is a companion and a guide rather than a orator or lecturer. My least favorite class was Calculus, but not for the teacher or class but my own aversion to math. Everyone studies daily and usually for upwards of 3 or 4 hours. Class participation is key. Not everyone participates but the more advanced your classes get, the more people are interested, and the more inclined they are to take a stake in the class. Class readings will often spark heated and dynamic out-of-class conversations and extracurricular groups, like Amnesty international and 4Boston foster a social conscience on campus and debates over ideas of social justice. Students are competitive; everyone was the best in his or her high school and everyone seeks the same success on the college level. The competition is more encouraging and motivation than cut-throat and discouraging. The Jesuit education and the core definitely aim at love of learning rather than jobs (except CSOM).

As for stereotypes, the typical BC girl carries an overly large, overly expensive purse, spends about an hour and a half getting ready for class, and pays homage to her Uggs from October to April. Boys are either clean-cut preps or extremely fit jocks. Girls seem vapid; Boys seem like party-crazy bone heads.

Andrew

The best thing about BC is the Choco-Tacos, though they haven't had these for the last few days, which is emotionally disturbing. I REALLY love 4Boston. This is unquestionably my favorite part of BC. The school is a decent size, but I would make tuition more affordable, or at least extend more financial aid to students. My father had to put off retirement so he could pay for this place.

There are rich white kids. That's just about it.

Honestly, this place is overrated. It certainly does not deserve its reputation, as the academics are not very challenging and facilities (with the exception of O'Neill Library) are outdated. I don't understand why we have $35-40 million worth of manuscripts and books at the Burn's Library, yet they still feel the need to charge so much for tuition. The student body is, for the most part, snobbish and overprivileged brats. Chestnut Hill is, without question, the single most boring town in the United States, and Boston is overrated in terms of it being a "party city." My advice to prospective students: Save your parent's money and go to a good state school. If money is not an issue, I would suggest either Villanova or Providence as alternatives. Things actually happen at those schools, and the students (especially at Providence) are more blue collar and it's much easier to have a good time.

yes we are all white, and the majority of the student body is extremely snobbish. and yes we definitely cost too much money (very few things are worth $46,000 a year!). The moral principles behind refusing condom distribution are outdated and unhealthy. with the exception of Vandy, 90, and the Gate, the housing is pretty bad.

Professors are either excellent or terrible, there is very little "middle ground."

that we are all rich and white. that we are snobs. that we cost too much money. that we are very, very religious. that we don't give out condoms. that the housing is terrible.

Kyle

The best thing about BC is the way that all of the people that go there have a kind of love of life and doing things. I haven't met anyone that sits around and does nothing for more than a few hours a day. One thing that I would change is that some people are stuck up and aren't really interested in going past their close knit group of friends. I think the size is just right because you can walk around campus and see people you know everywhere but can also meet a ton of new people everyday. People react well and are somewhat impressed if they didn't know that I was smart or they react to the beauty of the campus. I spend most of my time on campus and my time in general in Robsham Theatre Arts Center. There is a college town of sorts, the surrounding area, Newton, Newton Centre, Brighton and Cleveland Circle is home to BC students and there is a historical connection with alumni to the area. Boston in general is such a great place to be if you take advantage of it, I unfortunately am really busy all the time so I don't really have time to get to experience it the way I would like to. I like the administration, I have had no problems with it. My only complaints would be about the way they react to change in society however since it is a Jesuit Institution it must abide by the ideals supported by the Catholic Church which sometimes are in disagreement with what I personally believe in. I don't even know what the biggest recent controversy on campus was? The last one that affected me in any way was in regards to a play selection that a student group on campus didn't agree with because they found it offensive. However the whole concept of the play was discussing the idea being offensive and how its changed throughout history so it just made me annoyed because the group was creating a ton of work for someone else without having their argument staked in the truth of the situation. There is a ton of school pride the idea of the Superfan is alive and well. Home football games especially in the beginning of the year when its gorgeous out are some of the best times at school. Everyone is just excited and can't wait for the game to start. I think the most unusual thing about BC is the way that all aspects of the school come together and the type of person that is attracted to the school. The fact that it is prestigious and a really fun environment makes the students focus when they need to focus and be able to have a great time and appreciate many different aspects of life afterwards. This year I had rehearsal during a big football game and I was watching it on gamecast and reporting to the cast as anything happened. We ended up coming from behind to beat VTech in the last two minutes and we got out of rehearsal just as the game ended. The whole school flooded the Mods. Everyone was screaming and just poured out of the dorms to all be together basically, everyone was pounding our school song, they brought down instruments and it was just amazing. I'm not sure what the most frequent student complaints are, we could have a better recycling program? There isn't as much diversity on campus as there could be?

I haven't really had any experience with different groups on campus. I went on a religious retreat that I loved and I have heard about other groups going on just I haven't been involved. I think a student that is stuck in his or her own ways may feel out of place if they are not the "typical BC student from an upper middle class white suburban family". Many of the students are not from that particular situation but to someone who isn't and resents those that are it would be hard for them to come to BC. It varies, students can be seen in sweatpants and pajama pants some days but not everyday. There are those who look proper and wear a polo or a button down, jeans or kakhis or a sweater or a nice t-shirt or athletic wear. Different types of students do interact but there is a kind of boundary between full integration of all different types of students because people tend to stick with others that are like them. Well one of the tables would be a group of football players sitting at the same table everyday and there might be a few girls sitting with them. Then there would be a table of mostly asian kids as well. Then the other two tables would be different groups of friends, there might be some people stopping at one table or another from time to time to talk but then going back down with their closer friends. Most BC students are from Boston area, New York, Connecticut, and Northern New Jersey. There a few from outside Philadelphia and a few from California and the Mid-West. Upper-middle class backgrounds are the most prevalent. Students I think are more likely to be politically aware than politically active. The impression I get from most students are that they are left winged but that seems to be a trend of college age kids and I wouldn't say is unique to BC. Some students do I guess? My friends joke about how they'll be living on the street as a struggling actor or actress so I don't hear as much about it.

The people that are attracted to BC are people that did tons of things in high school. Everyone was very involved and loved to be involved not just to put it on a college application. I think this is important to BC in that it dictates the way that the students came into the school and I think that they are able to carry that throughout their experience.

I would say that all of these are correct but there is definitely a lot more too the people than those facts and of course those aren't true about all of the people but for some it is true and it is the "vibe" that the school gives off.

Professors know your name as long as it isn't a huge lecture. My favorite class is hard to pick because of the nature of my major I'm in classes with my friends a lot so a lot of them are fun. Academically speaking my most interesting class was a class called Composition Performance Workshop. We were able to do something I'd never thought of before in creating art performances from phrases or we did a lot of work on a trial that happened a few years ago. My least favorite class was Survey of Biology because I just couldn't grasp how much material there was and i struggled to keep my GPA up as a result. It was just frustrating because I attended every class and paid attention and took good notes and it just didn't pay off however the teacher was great it was just the nature of the class and the way that it was organized that was difficult for me. Students study a fair amount, of course there is procrastination like you'll find everywhere but when it comes down to it people do study when they need to. Class participation is common, it definitely depends on the nature of the class and the teacher. I like discussion based classes and I've had a couple of those and the teachers are always willing to answer questions and frequently ask us questions in class. BC students definitely have intellectually based conversations outside of class. Sometimes its a continuation of something that you discussed in class or telling your friends about it or some kind of discussion when thinking of an essay topic. Students are competitive but its not a hindering competition. I think that students are competitive with themselves as much as they are with others so they push themselves rather than having the competition push them. The most unique class I've taken I already described. I am a Theatre and a History Major. The theatre major is a very tight knit community I can go to the professors with any problem I have and they are very willing to talk to you about anything, help you find out anything you need to about jobs etc and just sit and listen. The nature of the major is very hands on so the people in the major are also very likely to all know each other quite well and become good friends. The professors in the history department aren't as easy going by nature of the subject but are all very welcoming and willing to go over things with you and answer any questions that you may have about the material or any given grade. I spend time with my theatre professors outside of class in rehearsal and in meetings. They come out to dinner with us sometimes to celebrate a show's opening or after a final exam we all may go get coffee. I think the academic requirements are fair I mean its a hard school to get into so the classes aren't going to be easy and the grading is definitely fair. The requirements in terms of core are sometimes hard to willingly fulfill. I think most students have one core that they really wish they could just get out of but I do think that it is important to have a well-rounded knowledge of different subjects and to explore to see what you are truly interested in. I think that you can decide for yourself whether its geared towards a job or learning. You can make it either depending on your own drive and what you're looking for. You're education will prepare you for a number of jobs but that doesn't mean that those are the jobs that you're looking for?

The most popular groups are hard to think of because there are so many things to be involved in and what you think of is geared towards what you personally do and what your friends do. There are a lot of people in the University Chorale and involved in different performing groups like comedy or improv. groups or a capella. There are a lot of people involved in UGBC and especially around election time people are aware of what is going on. There are a lot of club teams that people are involved in I hear about soccer and rugby and different flag football teams. The most popular teams are definitely football and then second would be hockey and basketball. Hockey games are supposed to be a lot of fun and the team is good. The group that I'm involved with is the Contemporary Theatre of Boston College. We are a student production board and each year we put on two student directed shows in the Blackbox theatre and one avan guard show, also student directed. We choose the plays, the directors and are responsible for managing finances, choosing designers, building the sets and making sure the whole thing runs smoothly. It's a great way for people to learn responsibility if they're interested in the business and really get a handle on how it all happens as well as the possible rewards and difficulties. Students in freshman dorms tend to leave their door open for around the first half of the year after that they are more closed minded. Athletic events are enormously popular I think I know two people that don't have football tickets. Guest speakers can be interesting and there are a lot so you will find one that meets your interests often. A lot of times people get busy or forget even if one previously sounded interesting. Students have to take a fine arts core and if they take intro to theatre they have to see the shows so that ups the interest. However we produce a musical each year that gets a ton of attendance from outside people. The dating scene is kind of weird. There are people that date and that is more seen later on in the college experience. More prevalent I would say is that people kind of hook up. I met my closest friends through theatre and also from living on Newton Campus freshman year. Two AM on a tuesday, if you are a senior you are coming back from Mary Anne's which is a nearby bar, if you are on campus you are either partying or doing your homework but probably not just hanging out. Well football games are their own tradition but then also there is a Christmas Tree Lighting, Marathon Monday is a great tradition where we have off for the Boston Marathon and just party all day and watch the runners and cheer for our friends, Arts Fest happens around the end of the year and all types of groups have exhibitions etc. People party a lot. I don't really know anyone that doesn't drink. There is no greek life at BC so it is not important at all. Well I am abroad right now so I celebrated Carnival in a few cities around Greece but at school I would have seen who was having a party like if any group was celebrating something and then hang out with my friends to pregame then go to the party and maybe another then end the night with my friends. You can chill in your room but it might be loud from others partying or you can go out to dinner and go into city and see what is going on there. There is some housing off campus so you can go hang out there otherwise go to bars, or go out to dinner.

Stereotypes I've heard are that a lot of the students are rich, smart and party.

Best thing: good lookin ladiesssss. For real. School size: just right Spend most of my time on campus: in class or in the dustbowl tossing a disc College town: absolutely BC's administration: and its students for that matter, are way too P.C. and make a big controversy out of little things. Most frequent student complaints: dining services is a rip off. We also take 5 classes, a lot of schools only take 4.

A lot of racial groups seem to stick together. There's not a lot of socio-economic division, nor religious division. Most students wear preppy clothes to class. The four tables in the dining hall are the table the varsity athletes are sitting at, and the other three tables everyone else is sitting at. It's pretty funny to see actually, they're always at the same table. Most students are from New England and New York/New Jersey, though there are certainly plenty of people who are from other places. Some students are politically aware and active, some aren't. More are politically right than you'd traditionally expect on a college campus, but that probably goes back to the fact that a lot are coming from wealthy families. People talk about how much they hope they'll earn one day, but it's not like it's a contest or anything.

The meal plan sucks. Watch out for that.

Professors always know your name in small classes, and if you go out of your way in a big class to meet them, they'll know your name as well (just go to an office hour or two or talk to them after class). Some students have intellectual conversations outside of class, but I try to avoid them as often as possible. Students are competitive in that they want to succeed, but they aren't cut-throat, they'll usually give you a hand with a problem or something like that if you need it. The core curriculum kinda sucks, it takes a lot of electives away from you, but at the same time it does make you pretty well rounded, which isn't a bad thing. The education is not directly aimed at getting a job, but you definitely are learning things you'll need for a job at some point.

A lot of people do the ski club because they go on some cool trips every year. I'm on the Ultimate Frisbee team. We're all really close, we always joke it's like being in a frat. We hang out together, take classes together, party together, vacation together, live together, it's great. The team is where I met all of my best friends here besides the people I lived with when I first got here. If I'm awake at 2 AM on a Tuesday, it's guaranteed I'm doing something with a teammate, whether it's playing a video game, watching a movie, drinking, or anything else. Football is the most popular sport, then basketball and hockey. Baseball doesn't really have a huge following, nor do many of the other sports. People party every Friday and Saturday, the people who can party on Thursday, and the people who choose to party any night they feel like it. There are no frats or sororities. Last weekend I drank with my friends. I don't know what you can do on a Saturday night that doesn't involve drinking, go to an athletic event, go to a show, go do something in the city, decide to drink.

Boston College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.