Chestnut Hill, MA
Boston College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Boston College

BC is awesome! Spending the last four years here as been the best time of my life. I have met my best friends that I know I will be friends with forever. I have crazy stories about partying, school work, professors, and everyday life at BC that I will take with me forever. The average BC student, or at least the ones I hang around with, loves to party, but also works really hard and prides themselves on getting good grades. We have a lot of school spirit and live for football weekends and tailgating. We love Maryann's, our senior bar. The only thing I would change about BC is the housing lottery process because it causes so much unneeded drama every March. The size of the school is just right. When you walk around campus, you are bound to see someone you know, but most of the people you see you do not know. The best part is that you often see people from your classes when you are out, which makes class a little more enjoyable because you have friends. People have a lot of respect for BC. I am a nursing student and we are greatly appreciated when we go to the hospitals for clinical because nurses know if you go to BC you are bound to be smart and well-educated. Boston is one of the best college towns around. Anywhere you go you will be surrounded by young people whether they are BC, BU, Northeastern, etc. students. It is a great city to go out in and there is always so much to do. Unusual things about BC...we don't have Greek life, we only have BC-run cafeterias, every BC student wants to live in the mods even though they are pieces of shit, only nursing and education students can have cars on campus.

I am a nursing major, so I have a different academic experience than most students at BC. I have clinicals in the Boston hospitals at least two days a week and then have classes one or two of the other days and therefore I am not on campus very often. I only go to the library for finals, otherwise I study in my room or in Lower dining hall. I like how I am able to have many one on one experiences with instructors in clinical because it helps me to apply the information that I have learned in class.

Football is huge. I am on the dance team for football season, which is a ton of fun because we perform with the marching band at all the football games and events. We also travel to some away games and bowl games. Freshman leave their doors open in dorms, but after that most students have cemented their group of friends and live in suites and therefore do not really interact with the other students on their hall. There is no dating scene. Either you have dated the same person from home since middle school, you met someone freshman year that you date for all 4 years, or you just hook up with random people all throughout college. Senior year some friends begin to form relationships more though. I met my closest girl friends in nursing and my closest guy friends at a party. We stay up every weekend until around 6am "postgaming" just playing games and being crazy. When you are an underclassman, you try to find out about some random party off campus and sketchily try to get in. Junior year you hang out at your friends off campus apartments. Senior year you either go to the mods, Maryann's, or one of the other Allston-Brighton bars.

Andy

I love BC. People are usually very impressed that I go to BC. I spend most of my time on campus, but I love going into the city when I have a chance. I would say that BC isn't really a college town, but Boston is definitely a college city. There are some issues with BC's administration, but there are things wrong with many universities. There is a ton of school pride and that's something that I love about BC.

I would say that people at BC know how to have a good time but also put their academics high on their priority list. It is not necessary to be religious here. It is more important to be open to others.

Professors are great! I would say that if you want to be in the business school, get in as a freshman. It is extremely hard to get in as a sophomore.

I love being involved at BC. Having more friends and more groups makes the college experience that much better. There are so many ways to get involved!

A lot of people believe that BC is "jcrew with a hangover" and that the students drink a lot. There is also another stereotype that all students are religious at BC.

Paul

The people are really what makes BC great, and the admissions dept and other administrative offices do a great job of facilitating interaction between complementary people. The classes and professors are also really top notch. I really think that it's a nice size, both in population and physical area. The major caveat is that the separate Newton campus is a bit of a pain, though many (myself included) enjoy living there during freshman year as a way to go "home" at the end of the day. There is a fair amount of school pride, but in the realm of sports, we cannot compare with some of the larger schools in athletic conferences like the Big 10 and SEC, to name a couple.

While BC certainly strives to be an all-inclusive melting pot, there is definitely some segregation among different ethnicities. While many people are open to those of all walks of life, one can see people sticking with those that are like them (and why wouldn't they?). Most BC students are from New England and the NY/NJ area, but there are plenty of people from across the country, though it seems that a disproportionate number come from fairly privileged economic backgrounds.

In some ways yes, but not to the negative extent that many claim.

Professors were by and large pretty attentive. My favorite class was Psychobiology of Mental Disorders; the subject matter was extremely interesting, and the professor really cared about his students. I also really enjoyed Nihilism and Pop Culture, extremely engaging professor. Class participation seemed pretty common in the classes I took, though it was often easily facilitated. I think that the education is more geared toward learning for its own sake, which I prefer. I think that learning prepares you well for a job, but not necessarily for getting a job.

Athletic events are very popular, theater not so much. The dating scene is very casual, and by and large doesn't really include many traditional dates. I met my closest friends through life in the dorms, parties, playing basketball at the plex, etc. People party a lot, but most are pretty in control of themselves.

Cameron

The best thing about BC is how it has become so many things to so many types of people. It's a top-30 university with excellent sports programs (voted the 6th best two-sport school by ESPN last year), has an evident but not overwhelming religious culture (many students are fortunate enough to study under Jesuit priests), and still is a respected 'party' school. A lot of friends who are in fraternities or sororities at other schools say they can't imagine going to a school with no Greek system. I, for one, love BC's policy--there's no pressure associated with pledging, etc., and it serves to minimize cliques based on attributes alone (sure, cliques still exist, but they're often with a very diverse group of people who you normally would have never befriended). I love BC's location, as it is distant enough from Boston to avoid being considered a city school, but close enough to avoid being considered a suburban school. There's very easy access to downtown via the 'T,' but people (particularly underage) simply prefer to stay on campus or near campus. For the most part, BC is a very aesthetically pleasing, Gothic-oriented school. There are a few distinctly retro buildings, but a massive (and beautiful) overhaul of the outdated parts is set to occur in the next decade or so. There are a number of very avid sports fans at BC, and as such, school spirit is typically very high. Unfortunately, there are many fair-weather fans who would rather watch a football game on TV or pound a few more beers than get to the stadium (which is about a 10-minute walk from anywhere on campus, with the exception of the supplemental freshman campus) on time. In a down year for BC basketball, the lack of fans in the student section has been maddening at times.

BC's popularity has been on the rise steadily for the last few years, with roughly 30,000 applicants vying for 2,500 or so admittances this past year. Yet despite having the academic competency (and more) to support such low acceptance ratios, it is still not garnishing enough attention as a top-tier school. It's time this changes.

While many students fit into the J. Crew classification, there is more diversity at BC than it is given credit for. There are very distinct subcultures on campus, and while some may be more popular, per se, than others, all are certainly recognized and respected. For a school of this type, however, particularly one of Jesuit origin and influence, it is considerably more liberal than I expected. This is no doubt the case at just about any university, but the demographics would suggest a much more conservative landscape. As for the concerns with one's image, there really isn't a lot to dispute this claim. And while this certainly has its negative implications (i.e. $200 bags on the arms of 50% of the girls), it does have a silver lining--BC was deemed the third fittest school in America by a leading magazine last year. Intramural sports are immensely popular, and students will wait in hour-long lines to make sure they can register a team before schedules fill up.

Unfortunately, BC is a much better school than it gets credit for in the public eye. Last year, for instance, the Carroll School of Management was ranked the 14th best undergrad B-school, but this has gone relatively unnoticed. With the exception of some lectures and seminars (Intro to Bio, etc.), the classes are typically very small, with close interactions between students and teachers. Speaking from experience in the School of Management, the professors do a phenomenal job of mixing realty/experience with theory, and they absolutely take a vested interest in their students' success. As a Jesuit, liberal-arts school at heart, BC has a 15-course core curriculum that must be taken in the School of Arts & Sciences, regardless of the school in which they are enrolled. Within CSOM, there is an additional 11-course core curriculum that each management student must take (finance, marketing, accounting, etc.), regardless of their major. The mix of breadth and depth leads to some of the most well-rounded undergraduates in any business schools, and the jobs BC students are receiving reflect as much.

BC has long had a reputation as being a 'J. Crew' school, as most students would look natural in the company's catalog. Subsequently, BC is frequently believed to be a predominately rich, white school whose members are overly concerned with their image and body type.

Kaitlin

School Camaraderie. Better recreation facility. Just right, always meeting new people but always seeing people you know. "Wow, good for you!" or "You must love it!" or "Lucky!". I don't have one spot, it varies between dorms, plex, food, walks, stadiums, and meetings. What college town. Very good administration, some of the best professors I could imagine (also has some decent ones that could be better). Listserv mania. LOTS of school pride, and thus one of the reasons I chose BC...superfan shirts, spirit with colors, school representation, etc. Kairos is (a retreat hosted by BC)one experience I'll always remember. Housing is a big complaint because there's not much of it.

I was part of FACES and I attended some ALC activities, fun and interesting. Someone who didn't speak english or was handicapped. Totally varies, some dress really nice, I'd say most wear sweatpants. Yes, different types of students interact, not as frequently as I'd like though. Four tables: Athletes, Asians, Freshman, everyone else. Most BC students are from US (Cali, Mass, Texas, NY, and NJ I think are big ones. But there are plenty from around the world, my friends alone consist of Virgin Islands, England, Austria, etc. Financial backgrounds-lots of students come from wealthy homes. There are lots of students politically aware, I for one am not though.

I think that there are a range of students that fit all the categories mentioned above. Overall, I don't consider BC a "rich and conceded" school, I definitely consider the majority of students to be well-rounded in academics, extracurriculars, personality, interests, demographics, and what they have to offer others.

I'd say 50/50 as to whether they know my name, depends on class size. Favorite class was Freshman Writing Seminar, great professor, free writing, had fun. Students study frequently, but less and less when you're a senior. Class participation is very common, especially because it is required as part of our grade. Yes, many intellectual conversations arise outside of class. Yes, VERY competitive. Most unique class would be Sports Marketing. I'm majoring in Finance and Marketing in the Carroll School of Management. Not a lot of time spent with professors outside of class, only to clear a grade up or an understanding problem of subject matter. Academic requirements are good, goes to show students have a lot to bring to the table, almost too good though-I feel like it's difficult to get in here now. Both.

Too many to name, BC offers so many, it's great! A group I'm involved with is Relay for Life right now. Some do, some don't leave doors open. Athletic events are popular only if they are football hockey or basketball. Guest speakers are fairly popular, not greatly though. Theatre is also fairly popular. I met my cloest friends freshman year. I am at MaryAnn's on a Tuesday at 2 am. Traditions include St. Patty's Day, Marathon Monday, Senior Week, etc. No frats or sororities, thank GOD. Last weekend I went to some bars with friends. Saturday non-drinking activities-Night on the Heights, hosted by BC, Asinine, Dance, or Singing shows, or just watch movies and hang out with friends..board games anyone? Off campus we usually are walking around Boston or going to bars.

Smart, Rich, Ego-centric are some of the negative stereotypes, but I think positive stereotypes include well-rounded, sports-loving, fun, intellectual, and involved.

Lawrence

the best thing about bc are the excellent faculty. ive had some professors who truly care about educating their students to the best of their ability (susan michalczyk, david martin, ed sciore, kevin newmark) i think the student body is a good size. people don't know much about bc, they just know its in boston, so they just act surprised that i went to school far away. i spend most of my time in my room. college town? i dont understand the question. i think bc's administration does a good job, i dont really know how to judge what they do. genevieve was a decent controversy. not a lot of school pride, maybe at sporting events when we're good. nothing unusual about bc. i'll remember our notre dame trip last semester. amazing. poor dining hall food, air conditioning in dorms (even those with ac dont get it turned on until a week before school ends)

i have had no encounters with such groups, good or bad. i think studious students feel out of place at bc. most students wear normal clothes to class. different types of students? different in what way? four tables: 1. white kids. 2. black kids. 3. mixed group. 4. another table of white kids (lots of these). most bc students are from new england and california. i think most bc students come from upper middle class backgrounds. students are smart enough to be aware of politics. mix of left and right and center. some pretentious students talk about their large salaries. they're clearly overcompensating for their lack of self esteem and personal pathetic-ness.

ive enjoyed my experience at bc. ive definitely grown as a person because i came here, and i wouldn't trade it for any other experience.

i think most professors ive had know my name. my favorite class was my third year honors seminar. least favorite was my first semester physics class sophomore year. class participation varies by class size, type, teacher. ive only had a few intellectual conversations outside class, id say they happen very rarely. yes some students are competitive. third year honors seminar was been the most unique. the cs major is a good one, but our department is not very strong. we dont have enough students in cs to justify spending more money on professors, grad classes, etc. i occasionally meet professors in their offices. i think the requirements are good, forces students to be well rounded in a good way. csom is about getting a job, my experience in a&s has been that the emphasis was on learning to better ourselves as humans.

the major asian groups are big. student government is probably pretty big. performance groups. im not really in any of these kinds of groups, im an employee for resnet (which is more of a job but i like to think of it as a group). doors are open within suites, rarely are they open to the main hallways. id say less than half of students care about bc athletics. ive heard we've had some good guest speakers, never been. ive gone to some plays at bc. there are the hard core partiers, who i think dont really date but just hook up with people drunkenly. there are people who dont party as much, they are more likely to have girl/boyfriends. i met my closest friends by living with them freshman year. 2am tuesday, im probably doing homework or playing video games with friends. marathon monday is the only one i can think of. people party up to 3 or 4 times a week. no frats/sors. i did homework last weekend. if you aren't drinking, i suppose you can do drugs, but thats less common at bc than other places. i got to restaurants and bars off campus.

there are many stereotypes, most of which are true. there are lots of rich kids at bc, lots of white people compared to where i come from, lots of catholics (not a bad thing obviously).

Whitney

The best thing about BC is the small, comfortable feeling. We have a real campus and the ethnic communities here at BC are close-knit. I would say the size is just right. While there is plenty of space, it's not too much space. I can say that I know a good amount of people here. When I tell people I go to BC, they're usually really impressed. In fact, people are trying to say that BC is on an ivy-league status. Most of my time on campus is spent in my room- it's spacious and very comfortable. Although it's called Boston College, we are in the outskirts of Boston. However, it doesn't take long to get to other schools which are nearby. BC administration is pretty flexible for the most part. However, BC Police Officers aren't too friendly. The biggest controversy on campus is the history core and the racial tension. There is a lot of pride, go to any athletic game and you'll definitely see our pride! One unusual thing about BC is that one hall, Fulton Hall, is modeled after the Wizard of Oz (supposedly). I have a lot of inside experiences but I love being here at BC! Let's go Eagles!!!

There is racial tension on campus, but it seems to be everywhere now. Since there are all types of students here, I don't think any student would feel out of place here. Students wear all types of things- sweats, pajamas, slippers, flip-flops...I've seen it all! Different types of students do interact. However, for the most part, you will see people who look alike sitting together in the cafeteria. Occasionally, do ethnic groups intermingle or eat today. BC students come from all over the US and the world. Most of the students here are children of wealthy parents. We are a politically active school.

It is filled with rich, preppy kids. However, there are plenty of other kinds of people here. Although it can be more diverse, it is pretty diverse with kids from all over the world and from different types of backgrounds. For example, I have a friend from the US Virgin Islands, someone from Maine, and plenty of international students. Our curriculum does have a religion aspect to it but it isn't so bad. I rarely see priests walking around on campus. The school's policy on drinking is pretty relaxed for such a religious campus.

Professors do know your name here. However, there are the few exceptions of when you have a bigger than usual class. Even in these classes, the professors try to reach out to you. I was in a lecture class with over 300 kids and my professor knew my name and I even went to office hours. The most unique class I've ever taken is PULSE which combines the philosophy and theology course requirements. In that class, you have to volunteer off campus for 10-12 hours a week. Although it is time consuming, it is definitely worth it. For both of my majors (English and Communications), teachers are always ready. Some teachers have even given me their cellular and home numbers so I can have access to them anytime. The academic requirements appear to be overwhelming at first but they aren't too bad. I'm pursing a double major and as well as fulfilling the core requirements and I will graduate on time. The education at BC goes along with the Jesuit tradition in trying to make its students well-rounded individuals who will be ready to change the world. I believe that when I graduate I will be able to get a job at ease and I will be a more-rounded person.

Students in dorms don't leave their doors open but are friendly. The dance groups like Phaymus and Females Incorporating Sisterhood Through Step are the hottest groups on campus. I'm involved in Black Student Forum whose primary goal is to show prospective students a good time when they come here for Black Family Weekend. Athletic events are very popular, so popular that the administration has resorted to a lottery system for athletic events. There are about 3-4 guest speakers at our school weekly, mostly interesting ones. The dating scene is not so good..most people just want to hook up and casual date, nothing serious. Every year we have Showdown which is when all dance groups on campus compete for bragging rights and Black Family Weekend is also a big deal. People start partying on Thursday... Fraternities and sororities aren't acknowledged by administration. However there are plenty of people who are involved in them. Saturday nights..almost everything involves drinking. Since I don't drink I'll play card games, watch tv, party, hang out with friends, go into Boston. There's plenty t do. You can do plenty off campus, however, the T stops running a little before 1 so expect to carpool or take plenty of cabs!

Most people think that BC is filled with preppy, rich kids. A lot of people think that since it is a Jesuit institution, we are pontificated to about religion all the time.

Ruth

BC is amazing. We recently beat Virgina Tech during the regular season and everyone rushed out of their dorms and had a huge rally. I will honestly remember it for the rest of my life. The teachers are good, better than most judging from the horror stories I've heard from friends back home. BC also has a reputation for a great school and with applications pouring in at an alarming rate, it is getting more and more competetive. Needless to say "Eagles on the warpath" (the BEST cheer you'll ever learn) is my motto. BC basically works hard and parties harder. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great education and to meet awesome people - both professionally and socially.

Raciall, BC is actually a lot better than I thought it would be... or that could just be because I went to an all White (literally) high school. There have been issues in the past but nothing major this year. Of course you have your little tiffs between people, but, unfortunately, that is to be expected. As far as socializing goes, it is true that the racial groups sit together but don't hesitate to sit with whomever you want (I personally change it up ever so often). There is no "cheerleaders run the campus" mentality and the athletes are athletes - they stick together. Political talk is around if you want it... as with everything else. Honestly, whatever your interests are you will find it here.

Boston College, for me is amazing. Yeah sometimes it sucks but what school doesn't. I literally walk outside and think that I go to the most beautiful school in America (biased but whatever). The dorms are good. The food is decent (although fries and pizza gets annoying after a while). The professors (thus far) are helpful. Best of all THERE ARE A REDICULOUS AMOUNT OF RESOURCES ON CAMPUS. Go to the Career Center as soon as you get here. The amount of help you can get is amazing. The libraries are great for research (except no books for reading for pleasure... which I don't understand). But yeah. GO BC!!!!!!!!!!! Best stop on the Green Line. (The only thing that kind of sucks is that public transportation aka the "t" stops at like 1 AM. But that's a Boston thing not Chestnut Hill thing so don't let that stop you from coming here).

I hang out with White people as much as Black and those that I associate myself with do not fit the stereotype... for the most part. While most of my friends are athletic and fit, hardly any of them spend their life in the Plex (BC's Recreational ComPLEX home to workout equipment, pool, etc). As far as the athlete stereotype... unfortunately it is kind of true. While I am good friends with alot of athletes (go me), this issue has come up many times. I even had a discussion with one of them about it and while he was offended, his history spoke for itself. By second semester though, they've dipped their... fingers... in enough cookie jars to want to settle down. Just be advised that BC is not really the place to go if you're looking for a relationship. That could just be my experience but, for the most part, everyone is in a "hit it and quit it" state of mind.

As far as classes go, everyone has cores that they have to fulfill. I recommend getting those out of the way first so that you have junior and senior year to learn about what you love. The cores themselves aren't really that bad... they try to make them interesting. Some classes are the kind where attendence is taken and others are the kind where the teacher puts everything up online (the latter is the one where on the day of the exam, the attendence rate grows exponentially). I recommend going to class because you are spending money on it. There are alot of study space, with more than 5 libraries and study lounges in almost every dorm (some of the freshman dorms such as Koska doesn't have a lounge but you can always go to the library or caf).

We recently had Hellogoodbye and Will Ferrell come to campus. There are always school sponsored dances/events and dorm sponsored parties. Dating? Not so much. Hit it and quit it? All the way. If you want to do a sport you can most likely find it as a club or intermurral if you can't cut it for D1.... except track which really sucks but that's neither here nor there. People are friendly and you usually run into friends in the Quad between classes and in the caf (McElroy, pronounced Mac-Elroy... don't ask why I have no idea... is a MAJOR hot spot. Freshman year you will sit there for hours, whether or not you live in Newton or Upper). Frats/Sororities are non-existent so if you're looking for Greek life, this is not the place for you. You can join Boston chapters of Greek life but the school itself doesn't take part in it (BC being Jesuit and all).

The stereotypes that exist differ for each race. For Whites, it's that everyone wears J. Crew, is rich, exercise extensively, that the girls only eat salad, you know the type. For African-Americans it's that everyone here is either an athlete or attending this school because of affirmative action. There's also the stereotype that all athletes (at least male) are whores.

AJ

BC has an excellent academic reputation and overall my time here has been extremely fun. The career recruiting system resources are lacking. Many students feel that there is too big of a gap between what the students want and what the administration wants. The size is perfect. It would be nice if the city of Boston and BC students themselves took more pride in BC Sports.

Overall the student body is accepting but there are certainly exceptions. Most students dress well and that is largely because a lot of students come from money. Students from low-income families and racial minorities may feel out of place because there is not a lot of diversity here. With that said, the students themselves do a lot to make these students feel welcome. BC students are very politically active and the overwhelming majority are strongly left, to the point that can be quite annoying at times if you have different political beliefs.

Almost all students go to football games and tailgating beforehand is a big deal. BC is more of a hook-up school than a dating school. A majority of students drink heavily, but if you aren't interested in that then there are certainly many of other things to do and other people to hang out with. BC is very close to Boston which has millions of fun activities like the mfa, comedy shows, plays, movie theaters, clubs, bars, etc. There are not frats at BC.

Most people think that BC students are stuck-up spoiled rich kids. The general consensus is that we are intelligent but arrogant.

Riley

The best thing about BC is the culture of service. So many students volunteer and there are so many opportunities to do so. Everyone seems to be involved in at least one extra curricular. If I could change one thing, I would change that no one dates at BC. The rumor that BC is either a marriage or a hook up school definitely seems to be true- there's very little dating, but many BC grads marry other Eagles following graduation. BC is the perfect size for me- its large enough that you don't know everyone by senior year but its small enough that when you walk around campus you can recognize familiar faces. I wish there was a lower student to faculty ratio, though. Classes, especially introductory classes that you take as a freshman, are very large and tend to not be personal. I spend the most time on campus in the apartment style living of upper classmen, because most seniors live on campus, despite moving off campus during junior year. I think its great because BC doesn't have enough housing to provide for all of its students, but by allowing seniors back on campus, BC creates a haven for seniors to regroup for their final year. I also spend a lot of time in our science building, Higgins, which has some awesome labs for students to work in, and in Bapst, our gorgeous, old library. It makes you feel like you've stepped into Hogwarts! BC is a Catholic school but it doesn't consistently hold to its roots, and this is the biggest source of controversy on campus. For example, no contraception is allowed to be sold or distributed on campus, the admissions statement does not include a clause about sexual preference, and several events being run by the gay and lesbian organization have been canceled. However, the university still maintains investments in war torn areas and allow companies involved in weapons development to come to our career fair. This is a highly protested area involving the administration. There is also undeniably still a racial divide at BC. While it is improving, and there are numerous cultural organizations that are heavily supported, groups still tend to form along racial lines. This is one complaint I have about my time at Boston College, but it is one that seems to be getting better as time goes on. I will always remember the football games at BC, which are huge. Our teams are good, but the entire experience of tailgating is what makes the difference. The school grounds are covered by alums and their picnic tables laden down with food. Before one game, my service trip group went around to ask for donations and the alumni gladly opened their wallets without even asking where we were going. I think the alumni connection is going to be very valuable to me when I graduate in May.

The style at Boston College is predominated by preppy clothing, and the skin tone is definitely light. Students who are of different races or socioeconomic classes will not be discriminated against but may feel uncomfortable at first.

NO! A lot of students at BC are from affluent families and communities but a majority of the students are well-grounded and vested in service and social concerns, so money is not necessarily a derisive force.

Freshman year its very difficult to get to know your professors because the classes are so large. As a biochemistry major, I was in all of the basic classes that premedical students have to take, so they were held in the largest halls on campus. However, professors are very interested in their students and if you seek them out they will gladly meet with you and get to know you. By the time you are in upper level classes, professors will know you by name and stop you in the hallways to say hello. My favorite class may have been Recombinant DNA Technology with Professor Hoffman, who is the jolliest man with the largest mullet I've ever seen. He's an amazing professor and really challenged us to learn. My other favorite was the Challenge of Justice with Stephen Pope, which is a theology/philosophy class. He really challenged us to live consciously, which I think is a message I've learned at BC. My least favorite class? I can honestly say I have liked every class I've taken at BC so far...I guess that makes me a nerd! Students at BC are very academically motivated, and tend to spend a lot of time studying both individually and in groups. They participate in class, meet outside to discuss issues, and meet with professors. Its a very positive atmosphere, until you enter the realm of the premeds, who are incredibly cut throat and scary. I have really loved the core and I reccomend that students take full advantage of the wide array of classes you can take. I took a painting class, an Irish step class, philosophy, and my science load one semester and the liberal arts classes definitely helped me balance out my heavy science classes.

There is NO outdoor activity club at Boston College. After trying to start one for four years, I have come to accept that the administration just doesn't want one. They have denied it based on claims of insurance reasons, despite the numerous evidence presented by students about how positive an outdoor club is and how nearly all of the neighboring colleges have them.

That everyone is a polo-wearing, Grey Goose-drinking, filthy rich brat.

Boston College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.