Chestnut Hill, MA
Boston College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Boston College

Though Boston College isn't exactly the MOST ethnically diverse campus, never fear - there is a niche for everyone. BC is rife with activities, from writing, acting, and singing to research, experimentation, and investments. The college's involvement with the nearby Boston area as well as the wide alumni network means that there are opportunities for everyone and connections to be made that will last far beyond college. The food is honestly pretty great for a big university, and I have not once had a problem getting face time with the professors of even my biggest classes. I've really found a home here, and I'm getting a good education out of it to boot. Not to mention, the campus is one of the most beautiful places I've seen, with easy access to the equally beautiful city of Boston and the surrounding towns. From buildings to people, I don't feel as though I've wasted a single moment here.

Mateo
Conformist Culture but Great Education

Conformist Culture but Great Education

Boston College has a solid academic reputation that is backed by supportive and engaging teachers. There are many extracurricular activities to get involved in, but everything is very restricted to the campus. Being a big time private school most things are adequately funded and there are many available resources many students don't even realize are there. There is a strong sense of "community" but with it comes with major conformity and predictability. People tend to go out at the same time, study at the same time, and go out to the same three bars. With so many people living on campus, many students never explore Boston as much as other schools in the area. It is a Catholic school and Catholicism is available if you want it. Religion is most obvious in social undertones as 70% of the students are Catholic. This religious ideology definitely takes an impact on the "problems" the administration identifies. Specifically, the administration and several students draw issue to binge drinking and the hook up culture. These are not unique to Boston College and definitely not worse than any state school. If you are gothic, grunge, hipster, etc. finding a group of friends is more work than it needs to be. Individuality is not celebrated. At times, it feels like a Catholic high school or boarding school on steroids with its caddy and hierarchical social structure. The majority of students are sheltered white, middle to upper class, physically fit, and participates in some community service. It is possible to make friends in this environment, but not fitting in is very hard and sometimes eye opening at the unconscious discrimination of differences. Boston College finds diversity and discovering one's true identity to be more of a lecture based class (Philosophy/Theology/Pulse/Perspective) than a practical experience. Politically Boston College tends to be much more conservative. There are very few protests on campus, and fewer protests that attack hotly contested issues. The administration often attempts to block free speech for those who speak anything other than their understanding of their mission statement. If you went to Catholic high school and loved it, Boston College will be great for you. If you are a preppy and sporty person, Boston College is great for you. However, if you don't fit into these specific groups, developing your own personality or living independently can be cumbersome.

Boston College

Beautiful school, excellent academics.

Boston College

Beautiful school, excellent academics.

Diana
Once an Eagle, always an Eagle.

Once an Eagle, always an Eagle.

I truly enjoyed my four years at Boston College! I was academically challenged, met some amazing people, and was able to explore Boston in my down time.

Gary
Beautiful campus

BC has a lot to offer!

Beautiful campus

BC has a lot to offer!

Theresa

Great school

Boston College is an excellent university with a little bit of something for everyone. The academics are strong, the location is phenomenal, the sports are fun, and there are extracurricular activities always available. There is also a very strong alumni network that is a great resource once you have graduated.

Julia
Great school

There's nothing not to like.

Great school

There's nothing not to like.

Liz
Loved it!

Loved it!

Going to Boston College was one of the best decisions of my life. I got one of the best educations I could have asked for, especially thanks to financial aid. I made friendships with some professors, found some of my closest friends, and met my boyfriend. It opened my mind to so many possibilities and so much fun while I was there!

JoJo
Cool School

BC is a super welcoming community!

Cool School

BC is a super welcoming community!

Aine
Alumni Review

I had a great experience here and I always rave about it! This is the place to be.

Alumni Review

Boston College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.