Chestnut Hill, MA
Boston College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Boston College

Liz
Loved it!

Loved it!

Going to Boston College was one of the best decisions of my life. I got one of the best educations I could have asked for, especially thanks to financial aid. I made friendships with some professors, found some of my closest friends, and met my boyfriend. It opened my mind to so many possibilities and so much fun while I was there!

JoJo
Cool School

BC is a super welcoming community!

Cool School

BC is a super welcoming community!

Aine
Alumni Review

I had a great experience here and I always rave about it! This is the place to be.

Alumni Review

Joan
Its an interesting Place

Its easy to get caught up in the motions but in general someone is down to talk with you and help you.

Its an interesting Place

Stephen

Some popular activities on campus are usually centered around sports, as many students often attend sports games. However, there are other activities on campus, such as acapella groups, music groups, theatre clubs, and much more.

Students on campus are pretty friendly and there are more than enough opportunities to meet and connect with people on campus.

The academics are top notch. The courses are somewhat difficult to figure out at first depending on the subject and the workload may put some students off initially. However, the professors are more than helpful for students who are struggling and the subjects taught in school courses are interesting and engaging.

Nicholson

I believe the best thing at the school is the community. Even though we are all striving to be the best student in or own perticuar domain, we come together to support one another and learn from each other. To form the BC community

For me personally I think what I had know before I came to BC or any school as a matter of fact was to advocate for myself and fellow students. Because the vioce of the student is considered and tried to be used for change.

If I was able to go back and talk to my highschool self about the transition from highschool to college there would be three main points I would elucidate. The first is that college is what you make of it in terms of academics, internships and friends. The more you are willing to put yourself out there the more you are likely to get back. The next point is would be to advocate for myself and peers because the vioce/opinions of the student body is taken into consideration. So if their is somehting that you do not like/agree with talk to administratin to see if something can be done to resolve the conflict, because more than likely if you feel a particular type of way you are not the only one. The final piece of advice and most imporant I think i would have needed is that you can not go through college alone. You need to build an inclusive enviorment amonst your friends, professors and staff because there will be moments you want to cry or give up, but they will be the individuals to pull you back up. They will become your second family!

Jamie

Stay true to yourself while in college. In high school, you listened to authority, but you never made decisions based on what other people thought was best. You did what you believed would be best for you, and look! You're at a great institution that cares about you. The best part? You can study what you want with professors that passionately care about the subject. As wonderful as this place is, don't give into peer pressure. You didn't back home, so why should you start now? What makes other people happy isn't necessarily going to make you happy. If it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. You are the one living with your choices, so make decisions that bring out the best in you and others. And never give up hope. Your unwaivering positivity is the best part about and makes life better for others. Never let go of this great gift. People here are quite intellegent, and the atmosphere is daunting at times. But remember that you were accepted here and deserve your education as much as anyone else. Don't let the sucess of others keep you from finding yourself.

It has a great sense of community. You can tell that the people who work here really care about the students. And everyone here is dedicated and working for the betterment of themselves and others.

I wish I had realized how smart the people are. The overwhelming majority of them were in the top 10% of their class if not the smartest person. It can be hard with that mentality. I was not in the top 10%, but I'm doing excellently here anyways.

Akeda

I am completely in love with my school, its proffessors, the campus buildings, and the people who attend. It's really difficult to find something wrong with my school, but if I had to decide it would be the variety of food choices available. BC definetly has the best college food, but the price for food is absolutely ridiculous! I can't invite a friend from another college without them asking me how I survive witht the food prices. I still indulge in the food because its delicious, but the price I pay for a small salad is horrifying.

Remember that job you had over the summer and how much money you spent every week? SAVE IT!! Put some money in your savings account please!! College is all about self independency and without a little chump change this transition will be very difficult! You will want to go out on your own and buy something for your room without borrowing from your mom oncce in a while. Also cut down on all the candy! The gym at BC is always packed and you will never get your turn on the treadmill, so cut down on the snacks for a while. Maybe you should asking use those new running shoes you bought because food at BC is great and you won't skip meals! Take your time with each class and expect the unexpected. You haven't had a class with more than 30 kids, but when you get to America and the world you will have over 100. Find a studious friend in each class to swap notes as usual and swap numbers. Last but not least HAVE FUN!

The best thing about my school is the support of the staff and the friendliness of the students. Over the summer I had the advantage of taking classes and meeting friends. The leaders where BC students going to their sophmore year of junior, some recent graduates. I felt completely welcomed and by the end of the summer I felt well prepared to take on BC without help. The staff members are always calling or emailing me to see how i'm doing or to make sure that i have everything I need. I love the support and friendliness of BC.

Katherine

Katie, go to sleep. College will still be there even if you fail this test. It's 3 AM and you've already taken enough Tylenol for a full day. Despite what you have been hearing for the past four years, the mysterious and almost mythical entity known as "College" is not as terrifying or all-powerful as you think. Pushing yourself every night for each test and quiz is not worht it. You will succeed no matter what your class rank or SAT score. Success is the personal satisfaction of knowing that you are living a productive, healthy, and happy life. Are you being productive when you spend more time worrying about the giant, theoretical future than on fostering better relationships with family, friends, and teachers? Are you healthy barely functioning on a few hours of sleep everyday? Are you happy beating yourself up after every low test score? My advice to you, Katie, knowing what I now know, is that you are strong and will adapt. It is just another part of your life, one that will provide you with challenges and comfort - good and bad alike. And that it is nothing to lose sleep over.

Someone that wishes to live in a city should not attend/live at Boston College. Despite the name, it is not in the city. Very liberal-minded individuals might be frustrated by BC's more conservative views.

The quality of the buildings and how asthetically pleasing the campus is.

Boston College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.