Chestnut Hill, MA
Boston College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Boston College

Jilliene

Boston College is a really nice small school yet at the same time has all of the excitement of a large school. We have amazing school spirit and great sports teams that are always fun to watch. Combined with this, we have a small school vibe where you can meet a lot of people and reconize them around campus. It's not too big and not too small. The campus is also beautiful and located in a perfect area. You can escape into the suburbs for some peace and quite and then take the T into Boston and have fun.

The best thing about BC is the community. I'm not saying you will get along with everyone but people here are generally very nice and helpful. Everyone rallys behind events here completely. Everyone wears their SuperFan shirts to games and at the same time raise money and awareness for great causes like "Beat Cancer," which helps cancer research in honor of one of our football players diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma. No matter what, BC students really are united as a school. Like are fight song says, "For Here All Are One."

College has really made me start growing up and realizing who I really am. I moved across the country to go to school and thought I wanted to go back, however the struggle to adjust really made me start to rely on my own or my new friends as support and not always my parents. My personality has changed as I become more out going and started to realize what is important to me and what I really want. My goals and ideals may keep switching around more, but I'm starting to get a better idea of them. I am making new friends and figuring out what makes me happy. College so far has been a million times better than high school ever was. Besides the social and personal side, I am getting an education that will get me away from my home town and on to bigger and better things that just working at my grandfather's buisness at home. I'm going on to do what my parents could not and have sacrificed so much for me to have. Thanks to college I will be able to do what I want and be who I want.

Chas

My school is best known for its outstanding education and professors. It is a liberal arts college with separate schools for your major. The professors are outstanding. They seem to have an expertise and plenty of experience in their field of study. Our school is also know for their effective financial advisors. Students are comfortable going to their advisors on a regular basis to talk about academic and career goals. My school is also a Jesuit education, so it is known for the importance of community service and individual spirituality. My school is also known and popular within family legacy.

College has been extremely valuable and rewarding to me thus far. Being around so many intelligent and interesting students and professors has instilled in me a need to take advantage of as many of the courses as I can during my four years. I do not want to just get through the classes in order to get good grades, I want the knowledge of the courses to become part of who I am. I want to be exposed to as much information as possible. I am taking an Ancient Greek as a language course. I am in my second semester of learning Ancient Greek. If I had not come to college, I would have never been exposed to this. I am an English major, thus am being introduced to a vast array of interesting authors, their writings and their lives. College life has also been valuable to me on a personal level. It is gratifying to be independent in my decision making. I decide for myself what it is I want to do with my time. I achieved all A's on my first semester, freshman year report card. I am proud of my independent choices and accomplishments.

I think it would have been a good idea to learn as much about the professors at my college as I could have. Professors have different styles. It would be helpful to know which professors you will learn best from. When choosing a schedule as an incoming freshman, it would be helpful and comforting to have learned something about the face behind the names of the classes I wanted to take. With the computer, it would have been easy to contact students at my prospective college and talk with them about my major and which professors would be most beneficial.

Erlinda

The people are so welcoming, especially those in the culture clubs. They are there to help you and give you advice if you need any, especially the upperclassmen.

When looking for colleges, really research them and see which one offers. With the transition, be more prepared in your work and on time with it. Pick classes that you know you can accomplish completing and passing.

The core curriculum is difficult to achieve in the Arts and Science school if you're a science major because it limits what you can do by not letting you take what you want to take in those areas. Some of the ones that count are ridiculous classes and not very interesting. They require a little too much out of the curiculum as well.

Kaitlin

The majority of my classmates at BC are stuck-up, judgmental, and the type of people who have had everything handed to them their whole lives.

Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way from the very beginning. While you should prepare for your future career, be sure to enjoy where you are at in this very moment. Don?t get so caught up in succeeding academically that you give up your social life, but don?t have a carefree attitude about academics either. Give 100% in the classroom, but reward yourself. Realize that there will be mean people, and you may have the unfortunate experience of being hurt by them, but there are also nice people. Seek out those nice people, and don?t let yourself be discouraged by those that make you feel left out. It is your school. Be a part of it. Try something new. You might surprise yourself. Don?t be shy. Show people the amazing person that you are and all that you have to offer. Use your talents to make positive contributions to your school community. Take pictures. Laugh. Build strong friendships, but don?t forget to call home every once in a while. Your college experience is what you make it. Make the most of your time. You only have four years, and they will fly by.

Someone who is academically-oriented. Someone who doesn't mind being required to take theology and philosophy courses, as well as other core classes such as science and art. Someone who is capable of performing well academically.

Zachary

The kind of person that wants to be challenged by others and themselves. A person that isn't afraid to question who they think they are and open themselves up to their fears. A person who is looking for more than a party and is ready to work. A person who loves tbe thought of expanding their understanding and wants the best for themselves. A person looking for a strong and protective community spirit, who likes football and drinking on the weekends.

A person who isn't interested in giving back to their community, who seeks the approval of others to fuel their ambitions.

Dear me, "College is about resources. Use them." University success can be defined by the choice between utilizing one's resources and letting them fall to waste. In a community designed for your personal success, the vast wealth of collegiate resources is literally inexhaustible. You have four years to break as much ground as possible. Upon admission, education is no longer about competing with your peers for the best application, but about generating the private objectives that challenge your greatest asset and overcome your greatest obstacle: yourself. Every facet of the university environment is engineered to support the most extensive exploration of self. To be anything but ravenous for personal expansion is fundamentally self-abusive. The fear of that expansion can either fold you or fuel you, though it takes bravery to ask the questions of others and yourself that you don't know the answers to. By avoiding the interpersonal exchange that the college culture uniquely cultivates, you are depriving yourself and others, diluting the fuel. Tapping your resources is the key to enriching your person. It takes a village to raise a child, and a university to build an adult. Digging the foundation, however, comes down to you.

Alicia

Boston College is very uniform and content.

Boston College is very uniform and content.

First and foremost I would advise myself to slow down and take life less seriously. My life changed very much when I entered college, and I would have liked to savor and enjoy my last months of high school a little more. I would also advise myself to open my mind to the new experiences that I would encounter when I transitioned to college. By entering this new chapter in my life with a completley open mind, I feel like I could have taken advantage of more oportunities that were offered to me. At times I was too shy or hesitant to try something new or different than what I knew. I would have liked to have stepped out of my comfort zone more than I did.

The lack of serious dialogue and acceptance regarding race, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.

Terry

Boston College is the perfect school for someone looking for a great balance between a rigorous academic curriculum and a lively social environment located just outside of the city of Boston.

Boston College is best known for the Carroll School of Management (the business school) but all of its schools are highly respected and well accredited. Students at BC are also noted to be very happy both socially and academically. Boston College has a large sports community as well. The facilities are in excellent and modern conditions and the faculty is remarkable.

I had a hard time letting go of high school so I would advise myself to realize that although college is different because you're not with all your friends, have an open mind because it's an incredible time. Also, be prepared to have to spend a lot more time studying and working on assignments outside of class. There are thousands of opportunities to try new things at school so take advantage of each and every one of them, however keep in mind that academics must come first. In addition, take time to make good friends because developing substantial relationships is important.

First and foremost, Boston College has amazing volunteer groups and other service based organizations on campus. The campus life caters to religious students, but many students are not practicing. The professors at BC are more than helpful and are interested in forming real relationships with their students.

That while Boston College is Roman Catholic (specifically Jesuit), many students are nonpracticing and/or nonreligious at all. This is not a deterrant in any way, but a surprise considering the school's origins and beliefs.

Seize every day. Do not spend senior year dreaming of how wonderful and better college will be, as this will ultimately cause you to miss out on your last year of high school. It will also cause great anxiety when you finally DO arrive at college, because the transition is not instant. If you have built college up and daydreamed of how perfect it will be, you will be so let down at first because those first two weeks are not perfect. Far from it, in fact. Do not rush for friends. Get to know people before you begin declaring yourselves BFFL or committing to long-term housing plans. And while you are making new friends, find the balance with your old ones. Be careful not to neglect old relationships, but do not allow yourself to use them as a crutch.

Kerry

No one has a perfect transition into college. It is a time when you leave your comfort zone and must make a life for yourself. You are not going to be able to replace the friends you made in high school right away when you come to college. College is not about the partying and the hanging out with friends, but it is about the opportunities that you are presented and the type of people that you meet. College is the place where you are shaped to be the best person that you can be which includes being in challenging and uncomfortable situations. All in all, transitioning into college life takes time for everyone. It is not just you who are experiencing a lot of bumps in the road but these bumps are what make you a better and stronger person.

When attending Boston College, there is a very strong core curriculum that you must fulfill. With this you must be open to exploring different fields of study including theology and philosophy. When people have a closed mind about what they want to do they do not get to experience all the greatness that Boston College has to offer. I would deter those students who just want to come and learn the facts because Boston College is really all about an education of the heart, mind, and soul.

Education is not just about the books and the studies but it is about learning who you are and who you want to be. It is about learning how your talents and gifts can benefit the world. So many people go through high school and college memorizing the facts but that is not what life is all about. Life is taking the skills and knowledge you learn and using it in your everyday life. Learning how to be a responsible and active citizen who benefits others - to make the world a better place.

Monicka

For one I would ask myself how come I haven't saved a dime since then. And, all this time I haven't even got my license what is up with that. And, I 've had my permit for over a year and I still haven't stepped into the driver seat. I 'm also upset at myself for choosing San Joaquin Delta College as a place to study Graphic Design couldn't even place a Associate Degree because, they only give certificates out for what I'm majoring for. I also think that I couldn't have picked a worser job to work at then Big-Kmart this is not where I want to be in 5 years. I want to be more than just a cashier working at a General store. I also think that getting a credit card was a bad idea how can I have been so stupid I can't even afford a credit card with what I'm making in a month. I think the most smartest decision I've made these past 2 years is actually putting away money. And, finally working on getting into a nice graphic school.

Boston College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.