Boston College

« See more reviews of Boston College

Diversity is definitely increasing. There have been some racial tensions over then past couple of years, but I think that is a sign of change. The university and students have been addressing these tensions. Race, diversity, and being welcoming are openly discussed. Courses are being created that focus on different cultures' histories etc. As far as the whole LGBT thing goes, this is a Catholic school so unfortunately the administration can be a little conservative at times. They canceled their big dance a year or two ago, but students made a big to-do about it and got some media coverage. Most students are open to the LGBT community, even those who may really be homophobic or excessively conservative rarely open their mouthes to their closest friends because that mindset is not socially accepted here.

Raciall, BC is actually a lot better than I thought it would be... or that could just be because I went to an all White (literally) high school. There have been issues in the past but nothing major this year. Of course you have your little tiffs between people, but, unfortunately, that is to be expected. As far as socializing goes, it is true that the racial groups sit together but don't hesitate to sit with whomever you want (I personally change it up ever so often). There is no "cheerleaders run the campus" mentality and the athletes are athletes - they stick together. Political talk is around if you want it... as with everything else. Honestly, whatever your interests are you will find it here.

different groups on campus -- actually havent had that much interaction with them who would feel out of place? - one from a less wealthy family, not into lacoste and partying. wear to class - polos, people dress up more than i expect. no one wears Pjs to class which i feel should be part of the college experience different types of students interact - there is definitely s sense of students sticking to what they know four tables - white kids, asians, AHANA, jocks from - the new england area financial backgrounds - very well off politically aware/active - some are, i would say majority isnt. most are left? talk about how much they'll earn? - maybe CSOM kids do

BC seems as if it's striving to become a more diverse place than it already is, and I think that's very commendable. I think once you find a group of friends when you initially get comfortable on campus, it's very easy to just stick with them, and doing so you don't always keep yourself open to different types of people. You really appreciate people's differences in smaller group things like extracurriculars and small classes, but it's really easy to forget to put yourself out there and try to meet different people.

Unless you're a serious business school student, you wear whatever you want to class. At the beginning of the year, and then again once it starts to be nice out, do people noticeably dress nice for class. Other than that, it's sweats and baseball hats. While the majority of the student body sticks to its own group, if you are open and friendly, it is real easy to get along with just about anyone. The student body is predominantly white, middle to upper-class kids. Its the truth.

I'm not gonna lie; BC is pretty much Whitebread U. A large majority of students are white, middle-class, and from the northeast. If you're really serious about immersing yourself in diversity, don't come here. However, beyond the lack of diversity, the student body is amazing. Virtually everyone is intelligent, friendly, social, and involved. Everyone is happy to be here and loving college life. Not to mention, the girls are incredibly hot.

the general BC students parents come from a decent amount of money. It obvious that BC is a privately funded school thus would like to give out as little financial aid as possible. The majority of the kids here are spoiled and superficial. The school tries way to hard to iron out racial differences and there fore ends up annoying students.

They are homogeneous and closed-minded, for the most part. Many students feel out of place, especially if they are not from a wealthy east coast family. However, the amount of intelligence on campus fosters political activism, awareness, and diversity of opinion.

My classmates are fun, smart, genuine, engaging, intense, passionate, loyal, driven, motivated, and I have enjoyed every minute of my college experience that i have shared with them.

While there are a lot of classmates at this school, it never gets overwhelming, and you will always be able to find those people who you can connect with the most.