Boston College

« See more reviews of Boston College

Some are. It is not as big of a party school as people think because school is so important and because it's gotten harder to get into. I have found that students' taste in music and such is pretty generic - not too much variation from the mainstream. Also, students tend to stay on campus much more than I expected and not go into Boston. What would surprise people is how concerned BC students are and committed to service. It is the norm to go on alternative spring break and volunteer weekly. Also, they are very suburban and uncultured.

It is filled with rich, preppy kids. However, there are plenty of other kinds of people here. Although it can be more diverse, it is pretty diverse with kids from all over the world and from different types of backgrounds. For example, I have a friend from the US Virgin Islands, someone from Maine, and plenty of international students. Our curriculum does have a religion aspect to it but it isn't so bad. I rarely see priests walking around on campus. The school's policy on drinking is pretty relaxed for such a religious campus.

oh for the most part. they perhaps a bit exaggerated. the stereotype applies to the majority of the student body, and its certainly the most visible, prominent portion. However, a lot of people actually study very hard and are very concerned with grades, perhaps too concerned. but a lot of those people are quiet and hidden away in their rooms.

yes we are all white, and the majority of the student body is extremely snobbish. and yes we definitely cost too much money (very few things are worth $46,000 a year!). The moral principles behind refusing condom distribution are outdated and unhealthy. with the exception of Vandy, 90, and the Gate, the housing is pretty bad.

The positive stereotypes are, and while there are always a couple rich snobs running around every elite, private, expensive institution, the vast majority of Boston College students are down-to-earth, hyper-involved, incredibly intelligent, and very passionate about what they are studying and what they are involved in.

I think that there are a range of students that fit all the categories mentioned above. Overall, I don't consider BC a "rich and conceded" school, I definitely consider the majority of students to be well-rounded in academics, extracurriculars, personality, interests, demographics, and what they have to offer others.

I think just because two people are both wearing North Faces, does not mean they are the same person. Sure, people are similar, obviously everyone chose to come to BC, but assuming everyone is the same is ignorant. Everyone has their own interesting stories and experiences to share, if you are just open to listening.

By and large, stereotypes at BC are wrong. While the Ugg population is probably record-breaking and the boys are mostly "preppy," no one is an idiot. People may like to party, but everyone's first priority is their work. At the end of the day, Uggs and Polos are secondary accessories to books and essays.

I would say that most of these are true. A majority of the students here were three-sport varsity athletes who were in the top of their high-school classes. Most students here are preppy or at least conscience of what they wear and how they present themselves. The students are also very cliquey.

the preppy steriotype is only accurate on the weekends, such as going out and at parties, but during the days its pretty informal, sweatpants and a t isn't unusual for classes, etc, the girls are above average, but not amazing, party scene is underrated here- we throw down pretty big