Boston College

« See more reviews of Boston College

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Like most Northeastern schools the stereotype would be spoiled rich white kid. A lot of J.Crew and Northface.

We're all comfortable upper middle class white students that pop their collars and wear designer clothes.

-come from a wealthy family -preppy -work hard, party hard -really involved with service

Stereotypes I've heard are that a lot of the students are rich, smart and party.

Rich, white, subrubanites, and preppy; "J Crew With a Hangover"

Rich, snobby, christian, conservative

All the students are rich.

The biggest stereotype about BC is that everyone looks like they just walked off the pages of a J.Crew magazine. The "typical BC girl" wears Ugg boots, leggings, and a Northface fleece; accessorizes with a Vineyard Vines or Longchamp bag; and tops off her look with a pair of chicly over-sized sunglasses. Another prevalent stereotype is that BC students live and die by their sports teams-- just look for the gold superfan shirts.

when one thinks BC, one thinks "affluent, catholic, and beautiful." when one thinks of BC students, one thinks "affluent, catholic, beautiful, and hungover." moreover, everyone is considered to be a "good, smart kid that really cares," probably because everybody also happens to come from a privileged-but-not-regal household (it's not Georgetown!).

As for stereotypes, the typical BC girl carries an overly large, overly expensive purse, spends about an hour and a half getting ready for class, and pays homage to her Uggs from October to April. Boys are either clean-cut preps or extremely fit jocks. Girls seem vapid; Boys seem like party-crazy bone heads.