Boston College

« See more reviews of Boston College

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

The typical stereotype of a BC student is someone who is a good student but also someone who likes to have a good time. Generally people are believed to be very preppy and from a well off family. Almost everyone at BC is involved in some sort of activity, they don't just go to class and come home.

The stereotype of B.C. is that it is a posh country club, a poorly balanced, lopsided environment, conservative, and extremely homogeneous. The stereotype of a B.C. student is that they are rich, white, preppy, immature, from New England, obsessed with sports, and extremely privileged.

Let me describe some stereotypes of the BC population. The first thing is that the student body is preppy. The people are self-centered upper-middle class kids from the Northeast. BC is also a very sport centered school. Another big stereotype is that there is very little diversity.

BC has long had a reputation as being a 'J. Crew' school, as most students would look natural in the company's catalog. Subsequently, BC is frequently believed to be a predominately rich, white school whose members are overly concerned with their image and body type.

Everyone drinks and parties hard, everyone is hooking up and not dating, everyone gets perfect grades in their classes, students are generally apathetic, everyone comes from an affluent background, everyone is constantly exercising and very healthy, and so on

Jcrew models with a hangover, Harvard's rejects, materialistic, anorexic, perfectionists, the overachievers in highschool - the class presidents who also were tri-captains and on prom court, work hard but party even harder, white Irish Catholics

most the guys are bros (jocks). super into sports, acting tough, hooking up with biddies, not thinking too hard, etc. most girls are prissy, materialistic, and gossipy. most people are fairly rich, catholic and white. the fashion is pure prep.

That we're all rich. That everyone is an over-acheiver but still party hard. All the girls don't eat. Everyone is very preppy. A stereotype about varsity athletes is that we all have it easy and get cut breaks by professors.

Rich, snobby, from the Northeast, alums or legacies, more focus on partying than on academics. Positive "stereotypes" are the emphasis on service and student involvement in it, friendly and welcoming, and work-hard/play-hard.

BC is full of preppy, rich, white kids. The girls are trashy and act like high schoolers, the guys are "bros" and act like assholes. As for the school itself, people usually get turned off by the idea of a Jesuit university.