Boston, MA
Boston University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Boston University

Cassandra
BU is awesome!

I love everything about BU except the tuition.

BU is awesome!

I love everything about BU except the tuition.

Marilyn
Amazing college experience. Nothing like Boston.

Amazing college experience. Nothing like Boston.

An amazing place. They have a great endowment and get phenomenal Professors. BU has something for everyone. No one knows your business. Love that. Very sophisticated university. Alum. include Martin Luther King to Howard Stern to Julianne Moore. Seriously, I had Elie Wiesel as a professor and Howard Zinn too. Many moons ago. My experience made me a much smarter and stronger person.

ging
Awsome

It's great

Awsome

It's great

Emma
You are paying for what you get

You are paying for what you get

The price is ridiculous, and they aren't too generous with their financial aid, but the opportunities are endless here. There are amazing people surrounding you (both students and professors) and the city provides lots of opportunity. The academics are rigorous.

Go BU!

Go BU!

I graduated from BU in 2014 and I had the best experience there. It's all about what you make of it. It is a very big school in the middle of a city so it's easy to feel a bit overwhelmed and it does take time to find your niche. The important thing is to branch out, explore, and try new things, which BU offers plenty of opportunities for. Boston is an amazing city, filled with tons of students, great food, diverse neighborhoods, and great sightseeing. BU offers a wide variety of extracurriculars, from Greek Life to film clubs to intramurals sports, and there really is something for everybody. While it is a big campus, the campus is linear, so you find yourself frequently running into people on the main street of Commonwealth Avenue. While it is a big school, class sizes vary. I have had large lectures with up to 100 students, and seminars with only about 20 or so. I have benefitted from both types of classroom experiences. I have had so many great professors at BU and still keep in touch with some after graduating. They are approachable, reliable, and are incredibly knowledgable. I have learned so much at BU, both inside and outside of the classroom, and I have zero regrets about choosing to receive my undergraduate education there.

Honoria

I really like the urban feel of this school's location. Everything is at your convenience. There are late night school bus transportation and public transportation that runs through the city. I think the size of the school is just right, not too large or too small. Additionally, whenever I tell most people I attend this school; they are very proud and congratulate me. However, I do not think this school is diverse enough. The administration's aim to diversify the school is by means of admitting international students from many Asian countries. However, domestic diversity is minute. Most students complain about the science departments, especially the Chemistry department at this school. In addition, some students are upset about grade deflations conducted by some professors.

One of the main stereotypes at my school is that all Asians are smart.

Different fraternities and sororities are very popular on my campus. Additionally, many student love being involved in different community service groups. I a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS), the Pre-Med Society, and my club Sister to Sister. BU is known as a "party" school. Students are usually at many fraternity parties during the weekend. Many students are usually dating and usually hook up at parties. I met my closest friends during my classes. I am not the typical college "party" student. You can definitely study on a Saturday night, which is what I am usually doing because of my hectic schedule or you can go to the movies or a nice restaurant. I visit some of my friends off campus and we usually go to the mall and go out to eat.

KRISTINA

If you are looking for a traditional college campus/gated community, Boston University is not for you; if you like city living, you will inevitably thrive here.

How important it is to become involved in clubs/organizations. BU is a large school (30k+) with an open campus. It is easy to become isolated/forgotten in the crowd of students. Participating in interst groups is an important way to connect with others.

It’s surprisingly easy to bob through college like a paper boat on a stream. I careened through my academics without much reflection, and before I knew it, I was docked at graduation. Hindsight is 20-20 but this much is true: set a goal greater than graduation and create a structure that enables you to attain it. Take small steps to reach bigger ones. Assess. Reassess. Network with professors in your field: pick their brains and inquire as to how they arrived at the present moment. Degrees are one size fits all: meet with your academic advisor and consider tailoring your curriculum in ways that suit you best. Join an organization to meet people who share your values and interests. Drink, eat, sleep in moderation. Exercise and discover healthy ways to reduce stress. Be present. Schedule and honor time for yourself. Consider graduate school or PhD programs, if that is your thing. Be kind to yourself. Mistakes are inevitable. You can always start anew. Cherish free pizza. There are few times in life where so many resources are at your disposal. From art and music, to mental health and career development, be opportunistic and understand that you have choices.

Ellen

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself not to be scared or nervous. The transition from high school to college is certainly daunting, but there is a learning curve. All that I would need to remember is the importance of finding a balance. There is so much to do and see and so many people to meet at college, and doing all of those things and gaining those experiences is as important as studying diligently. If something appeals to you, whether you think you have the skills or experience to do it or not, just go for it because this is the time to find those things out about yourself. Don't be afraid to discover new things, because that is what college is all about! Don't worry too much about whether you will get it, because it comes naturally and even if it doesn't, learning how to deal with that is all part of the experience. In short: college is a time of trial and error, so make the best of it.

I wish I had known how important it is to get involved with extracurriculars and how important it is to find a balance.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that professors are not as available as I would have liked them to be.

Charlotte

BU is huge, diverse, academics-focused, and your experience here is completely customizable!

Being a large, highly ranked, research university. It has a large international student population as well as a huge study abroad program. As such a large university, people here can have experiences that are different in every way. It's pretty academically focused, and it can have a large and difficult workload if you have a tough major.

Study consistently, you can't start cramming a few days before an exam and do well! Go to office hours, and do homework with a study group. Be more friendly and social! Initiate social events, and join something. Friends won't come to you. They can only reach out halfway, and you have to reach and meet them. Don't spend hours wasting time on the internet. If you're not doing schoolwork, at least do something worthwhile. Read, draw, explore Boston. Have something to show for your time. If you think you're unhappy with your major, your plans, or your classes, don't ignore it and hope 'it'll work out'. Examine yourself. Don't be scared to let go of things you don't want, no matter how much you used to want it. This is the most important thing of all: Even if you make every single mistake I've warned you about, forgive yourself. Part of moving forward is looking forward. Don't compare yourself to others, or be upset if things aren't perfect. Sucess isn't some far-away mountaintop. If you're climbing, you're successful already.

My classmates care about their grades a great deal, and for the most part are very focused on getting a good internship or job after school ends.

I wish I had known how much walking I would be doing everyday.

The first thing I would tell myself is be organized. When you suddenly can do whatever you want with your free time, sometimes you truly don't remember all the work you have to do. Planning ahead and staying on top of work will alleviate so much stress. Don't forget to enjoy yourself and don't forget to call your parents! They miss you more than you know

Boston University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.