Boston University

« See more reviews of Boston University

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

A day on campus that I will never forget was move in day of my freshman year. I was placed in a triple with 2 people I did not know and for me sharing a space with two people was big because I am an only child and always had everything to myself. I arrived on campus with my mom, my dad, my best friend, and another close friend of mine. I entered rich hall to receive my key and get a basket to put all of my stuff in to bring it up stairs. All I can remember is how welcoming and nice everyone was even fellow students say hi and looking confused because we were still unsure of the process we were stepping into. One of my room mates was already moved in, but she wasn't in the room when I got there. So I chose my bed and my mom began to make it for me. I started to figure out where everything would go and my other room mate walked in with her family. We said hello and left her to the room because I was pretty much done and I knew she needed the space. My family went outside and the field was right there so we began watching the soccer game that had recently started. It was amazing to be there. Eventually my room mate came outside with her family and they said their good-byes with a lot of tears. Not knowing what to do I didn't want to see my new room mate cry so I asked if she wanted to come hang out with my family, she declined but I understood that she just wanted to be alone. I went to my room eventually and my room mate and I began talking and getting to know each other. It was great, to this day she is one of my closest friends.

It was an amazing weather day out and my professor brought our english class outside. After that I went to get food at the Student Union and was texted by a friend to come throw the football around on the BU beach. There were a lot of students out just relaxing enjoying the weather. After that we ended up walking downtown and grabbing dinner in the North End.

I think one of my most memorable days on campus would be Marathon Monday. BU gives its students a day off on "Marathon Monday", the day when the Boston Marathon takes place. Every year, students line the entire marathon course and cheer on all of the competitors. It's a lot of fun and it makes you realize what a great city we live in!