Boston University

« See more reviews of Boston University

In the heart of DC, Georgetown University offers one of the country's most beautiful and stimulating international environments that is politically oriented, academically challenging, community-service based, and committed to personal growth, with the availability of tremendous career internships and networking, and unique research opportunities at surrounding institutions such as NIH, on-campus business employment/learning with the world's largest student-run multi-million dollar corporation, internationally famous guest lecturers, while also providing healthy, enjoyable respites at the fitness center, or through sports, the arts, national museums and monuments, or shopping with friends on the fabulous M Street.

This is hard question for me to answer as I am from Boston and I have seen BU long before I chose to attend at as student. I guess there would be a range of what someone would see when looking at the campus. Some may say that the campus has a feel of old and new as some buildings look archaic while others are brand new. Many people would be surprised that the campus extends over a few miles rather than the typical circular format. I would also think people would comment on the amount of places to eat and shop conveniently around campus.

As a transfar, I couldn't be happier. The communications college is really attentive and helpful in a lot of ways. They offer guidance on courses, but also about outside necessities like resumes and job placement. My teachers are really enthusiastic and engaging. I am challenged by the workload, but not overwhelmed. It has been easy to balance my studies with a nearly full-time job because of the support the school offers. I highly reccommend communications.

The school consumes Commonwealth Ave but it is easy to pass right by it because there are so many restaurants and stores tied right in that it can seem like you are still just driving up the street. We have some older buildings that may cause you to squint at the ugliness but then there are buildings that make you say wow like our new dorm that is LEED certified (national recognized as being an approved environmentally friendly building)

We are definitely an urban campus. We span 1.5 miles down Commonwealth Ave, one of Boston's main streets. Though we don't have actual campus gates or walls, it's a very residential campus with 80% of our students living on campus all four years (thanks to our four-year housing guarantee). Though we have an urban campus, you can simple hop on the city train to get more green-space and suburban setting.

BU is academically challenging, offers tons of extracurricular opportunities, is conveniently in boston which is amazing, is beautiful when warm and sunny, is extensively connected to boston and its resources, is chock full of amazing individuals, winter blues are common here and must be fought, the gym is amazing and people are generally really friendly and many have a good amount of money.

This school brings out many of my mixed emotions; it gets me stressed with the workload, it makes me glad due to my amazing recreation center, is makes me feel safe becasue of the gaurds who stay out late as i walk to my car from the library, it makes me excited when i hear about interesting events going on on campus, above all, i love attending California State University Long Beach.

A large, lengthy expanse of beautiful brownstone buildings, the spine of which is a train connecting the campus to the bustling downtown of Boston; a community swarming with friendly, energetic students and helpful professors and staff, all pursuing their individual goals in education and recreation while still bonded together, forming lasting connections.

Boston University is a college that provides the opportunity to explore the subjects and interests of each individual student, and allows its students to grow not just as scholars, but also as people who are aware of themselves and their own developing ideas about the world around them.

All those teen-movies you watch that show huge frat parties and crazy collegiate antics lie; college is hard--at BU, there are many events and activities that it easy to get distracted from academics--you'll learn to balance your life and live on your own as an adult.