Boston University

« See more reviews of Boston University

I brag about how good of a school it is both academically and athletically. I feel accomplished for having been accepted into such a great school and love telling people where I attend college when asked. My classes are challenging and I have a tough work load so doing well is all the more rewarding. I love bragging to my friends, especially those from Northeastern, that BU are the hockey east champions. Other bragging rights include having a brand new gym with numerous facilities available to students, such as racket ball courts, rock climbing wall, and even a lazy river!

The thing I brag most about when telling my friends about my school is the study abroad opportunities Boston University has to offer. BU has over 35 destinations with not only study abroad opportunities, but also internships as well. Students can apply for either semester (fall or spring), can go abroad more than once or even for a full year. There are opportunities for the Pre-med students as well as the Engineering and Science majors, that aren't as common! More so, most people go abroad at least once during their undergraduate years in BU.

The main thing I brag about most when I tell my friends about my school is how many opportunities Boston University can offer. Not only is it located in the middle of a big city with so many options for fun and work experience, but the school itself has something for everybody. There are over five hundred student clubs and organizations, ranging from club hockey, various dance teams, and even a "people watching club." Boston University has a place for everyone, no matter what interests them, and can definitely introduce you to new things.

BU is the most diverse community I've ever been a part of, and I never expected to learn so much just by meeting so many different kinds of people. Also, since there are so many people, there's a club/organization for everyone, AND the food is pretty awesome-fresh, healthy, many vegetarian/vegan options. But the best part is probably just the city itself. BU is basically a microcosm of Boston--a beautiful, historical city that's clean, hip, progressive, diverse, cultured, fast-paced, spirited, and fun. And both have great sports.

When I speak to my friends about the Boston University, I brag about the big campus, and how accessisble it is to go to CVS, the banks, food places, Kinko and etc..... It's so easy to find my way around compared to many schools where I often get lost. In addition, the library have all the sourceful information to get my research papers done. It's important to me because I want to do well in school. I don't lack anything there, I feel blesssed and secured for God to have chosen me to go to Boston University!

Boston is a wonderful and beautiful city to go to school in. The classes aren't too difficult and are often interesting. The span of the seasons is spectacular here, and I've made some great friends here too. My dorm room is always cozy and warm and there are a million different places with great views to study on campus. My dorm is also a couple of minutes from downtown Boston which is always gorgeous and fun. Plus, the journalism program is one of the top in the country, which is why I decided to attend.

I LOVE to brag to all of my friends about how much there is to do in Boston. Boston is on the smaller side as far as cities go, but it offers so much to do! I love being able to take the T or even walk to the Prudential Center (the Pru)! Marathon Monday is SO much fun, too! The whole city comes out to watch and support the runners, and you get the day off of school! Boston Commons is a great place to hang out and have a picnic too! Boston just has so much to offer!

I most definetly brag about the size of my campus the most. Coming from a small town from Wisconsin I was surprised that even over a couple mile stretch of campus I would bump into people I knew. Being in Boston I've learned that our world is as small as we make it and by continuing to make relationships we ourselves continue to grow. Boston University campus has opened my eyes to a new understanding of the phrase, "size doesn't matter."

The thing I brag most about to my friends is the amazing experiences I am able to have by living in such a historically rich city. The sights I get to see are unbelievable and teach me so much about my surroundings. I also brag about the people I meet. They are so diverse and engaging, it helps me to learn from them as well as the city I live in. I feel very blessed to be surrounded by such intelligent people whom i learn from every day.

Our "FitRec" is huge, almost brand new, and state of the art. It's great. Agganis Arena (hockey, concerts, etc.) is also amazing. Being right near the center of Boston is something to take advantage of as well, with easy ways of getting everywhere (methods of transportation). Most of my professors wrote the books we use in class, which is nice because it let's us as students know they are advanced in their respective fields.